Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 01:40 PM

Caliboyzstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Please Read

I have been on Stuntlife.com for about 4months now....I love it, i would have never got the info on shows,events,groups,partys or any of that had i not be on here....not to mention all the killer ***** that i meet on here. But there is one thing that i notice on here and that is we hate on each other and on stunnting alot on here.....now stunnas please feel me on this one...thats not all we do on here..but that is a big negative spot to have, like a void, it doesnt help...now posts like is it good or bad, and whats better, now those are sweet to have casue you really get some honest opinions...now how many of you take those things that you hear no matter what it is about, how many of you try to fix those problems or help the situation..what im trying to say is, if we think competions arnt helping then we should do more shows, if tricks are getting borring(then dont show them everything in your ******* video) some of us will put more then one out. If sponsors dont help (**** em) i bought my bike,shirts,stickers,computer,cameras,tapes and all that other bullshit with out them....whats stopping us now...are minds are better then ever...some of us are doing commercials, movies, radio, tv, billboard ads, magazines,,,,look at the great coverage that is being shown more and more. Hey im one person one opinion one love STREETBIKE XTREME, i want to make it just like everyone on here does...but we need to be large....just for some thoughts and this is what i want opinions on is.....

Take what im going to say and put it in Streetbike xtreme.
NFL, NHL,NBA, FMX, NASCAR, you know what im saying.....
now all of those are sports..Now im not saying we all need to have a team in each state with a Pres and Ceo, but what im saying is close, each of us in our group or what ever we have we do pr work, sighning, calling, advertising and all that...we go to shows and compete against each other,,,,we put local shows on, why cant each state have a tour, why cant there be a big allstar event at the end of the year...yes we do have some of those things in some of those ways..we are close...but i think we can be closer sooner....now im rambling and im gonna stop...help me help you...
Old 02-07-2003, 02:30 PM
I Love To Post!

WETPAVEMENT is a decent person
Re: Please Read

Originally posted by Caliboyzstunna

Take what im going to say and put it in Streetbike xtreme.
NFL, NHL,NBA, FMX, NASCAR, you know what im saying.....
now all of those are sports..Now im not saying we all need to have a team in each state with a Pres and Ceo, but what im saying is close, each of us in our group or what ever we have we do pr work, sighning, calling, advertising and all that...we go to shows and compete against each other,,,,we put local shows on, why cant each state have a tour, why cant there be a big allstar event at the end of the year...yes we do have some of those things in some of those ways..we are close...but i think we can be closer sooner....now im rambling and im gonna stop...help me help you... [/B]
I agree 100% with everything you said. Here is the only problem........not every kid can play pro football, drive a super fast in NASCAR or get nuttin but net in the NBA.........but every kid can get on a bike and deciede to "be like Mike" after watching a stunt comp.
I know there is alot of contraversy behind this but it's the real deal. America will see our shows and our no helmet, no coat wearin asses and they will shun us. That's what I see holdin the sport back. Don't get me wrong it's changing ALOT, a bunch of competitions including the XSBA are requiring helmets and leathers. Yes I know, I know, sometimes you don't feel like you need them. I feel that way sometimes myself.
Don't get me wrong I'm not hating here. These are the thoughts of parents and the black ties of America who see the things that we either overlook or those "kids" who don't know better or really don't care!
Old 02-07-2003, 06:02 PM

Skuba Steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't get me wrong, it would be dope for the sport to blow up. However, you talk about people being haters now. Do you know how segregated the sport will become. Yeah it would be nice to see alot of people make a living doing something they love. But this sport came from the streets. The unorganization and the showing off is what gives some people the passion to do this kinda thing. When there becomes a fine line between the Ams and the Pros that can also kill the fun of the sport. That's why I'm slowly fading away from sports like skateboarding & snowboarding. They are no longer a family, it seems like everybody is against each other. What do you guys think? Gimmie the good and the bad.
I would love to see the sport get bigger, but this is just something to take into consideration.
Old 02-08-2003, 01:06 PM

RecklessOpSteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Street stuntin has a lot in common with the street racin scene in the 1940s and 50s.

The drag racers were the stunters of their times and nothing but a bunch of punks with wheels and a motor. They were shunned, arrested, castigated, and hated just like stunters are now.

Then came along the AHA (American Hotrod Assosciation), or at least what would later become the AHA. They organized it, set it up and changed peoples attitudes about it.

From that, two distinct new sports popped up Drag Racing and Nascar.

Two of the biggest money making sports ever. Ya want your companie's name painted on the hood of a top driver's ride, sweet, it is a cool $ 12 million!

It got huge and it makes mad cash!

Give stuntin' 15 years. It will get there. There will always by the die-hards who just love the streets, and will never leave them, but there will also be others who want to take it legit, and they will.

It will be a long hard road, but regardless, it will happen.

I have seen the looks on the spectators faces when someone yanks up a 12 and steps off the back of the bike. They are hooked!

As far as the hatin'! You'll have it. It is part of every competative sport! You will have different opinions on what is good, what is bad, what is last-year. You have egos, and you have people who just love the sport and love to share what they know.

You have competition and you have individual personalities. There will be conflicts. But that is good too. It keeps the fires burning hot and pushes riders do be better.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:53 AM
CAT

CAT is an unknown quantity at this point
There are stunters out there that want to make this big.....but the know how is different from the want to.

I myself haved talked to possible sponsors that could bring this sport into its glory....but when they show up at our comps....people don't wear gear and are stunting off the track.....they get dis-interested quick.

If at comps you can't act pro......you won't make it pro.....

Do the no wearin' gear on the streets.....but leave it legit on at the comps.....

Just my .02