who thinks this sport is going to fizzle out?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 09:24 PM

DECEPTICON13 is an unknown quantity at this point
who thinks this sport is going to fizzle out?

i dont believe that it will. but i do think someone needs to come up with some new tricks. every video i see nowadays is circles, circles and some more circles. we need to come up with some new tricks.....

post up what you think would be cool to see in a trick!

lets see what everyone thinks and see where this thread takes the minds of the stunters!!!
Old 12-11-2004, 09:32 PM

keeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: who thinks this sport is going to fizzle out?

The number of circles that one can do is not impressive to a crowd at all. In order for this sport to grow and continue; riders who have the oppourtunties to ride for show purposes must be able to entertain and excite the crowd to keep them interested. Crowd pleasing tricks however lame they might seem are the most important ones to be able to perform. Crowds love fast wheelies acrobatics and big smokey burn outs. I forsee the speed of tricks starting to pick back up again. Look at fast circles.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:34 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

it will be what it will be....

time will tell.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:42 PM

i agree with you keith, good point.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:48 PM

stunt1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i think thats the problem.
Everyones trying to come up with the sickest trick.Thats impresses alot of us stunters,but to really hit the mainstream it has to be much more about pure excitement and thrill.Whenever i see someone standing up holding the fairing riding a wheelie,i think wow thats boring.How about turning the idle down and use the throttle instead.Things like that i find really cheesy...along with the wheel sized sprockets.
I think we need to focus more on running a clean show with minimal crashes and better mechanical sesitivity.

And everyone really needs to be better.
Doing more things like runnin 180 stoppies right into a wheelie.
Perfect control burnouts.
Its really hard to explain,but everything must flow together effortlessley and make it look easy.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Regular StuntLifer

brandolb is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm saying fizzle out.
Everyone and their mom can stunt now. Get some crazy 18 year old to watch a vid, give him a bike and watch the show.
It just isn't special anymore and everyone does the same stunts.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:08 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Circles are becomming too common. This stunt thing needs a new phenomenom.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:08 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

not that many people can stunt..it just seems like it when you bring them together like stuntlife...its the same as all motorcycles in genral..theres not that many motorcyclists in the first place,then you have the ones who ride sportbikes and stunt them..
Old 12-11-2004, 10:12 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by doodle13245
not that many people can stunt..it just seems like it when you bring them together like stuntlife...its the same as all motorcycles in genral..theres not that many motorcyclists in the first place,then you have the ones who ride sportbikes and stunt them..
u crack me up all the time...i just never say anything
i got news for u...stuntin has been around for a long time
its just new to u...so u have no idea what ur talking about.
ur 17 and u think u know it all about this "sport"....

ok..im done...i could go on and explain more...but it wont sink in to ur head.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:16 PM

shft600 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think jumping is gonna get bigger...but other than that, I can't imagine many more stunts than what we've already got
Old 12-11-2004, 10:31 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Entertianing the general public is easy, do a burnout a fast wheelie and stand on the tank, they are easily impressesed. Now to entertain the people who are coming to a stunt show is harder, most of them can do a fast wheelie burnout and a christ. I learned that **** in a month! It's all about what show you are doing and ride accordingly. When your doing a show at event where the people in the crowd know nothin about stunting it's way easier, you do the old school ****, fast burnout's, christ's, fast highchairs not 5mph, some fast combo's jumping to the tank, skitching off the side and the back.. You skitch off the side off your bike down a main street and people will wig the *** out and think your gonna die versus a 5mph wheelie they wont even look twice. Obviously going to stuntwars and doing that **** aint gonna fly. Those people want to see the **** that took you 6 months in the parking lot late at night to finally get down, the tricks that take serious dedication to the sport to ever be able to accomplish. Circles might be boring to some but to those who are into this sport as a fan and find it entertaining to watch some guy's practice all day, you know the ones that are standing on the sidelines everytime you go to the spot, they are always there! They dont have the time, skills or dedication to go thru 5 bikes to learn that ****. Those are the people that make this sport grown and who will support it for years to come, like the 5,000 people who show up to stuntwars or the 20,000 who show up to the world championship's. The sport is growing and wont fizzle out, this **** aint shovel racing, its fukinstuntinwiggsplittinshit!!!

Last edited by Darius; 12-11-2004 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:33 PM

jumping? like jumping to combos?
i agree circles are too played out. cool there hard and all but who wants to see a circle every 3 seconds. i like fsat highchairs and combos and stuff.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:35 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Originally Posted by keeth
The number of circles that one can do is not impressive to a crowd at all. In order for this sport to grow and continue; riders who have the oppourtunties to ride for show purposes must be able to entertain and excite the crowd to keep them interested. Crowd pleasing tricks however lame they might seem are the most important ones to be able to perform. Crowds love fast wheelies acrobatics and big smokey burn outs. I forsee the speed of tricks starting to pick back up again. Look at fast circles.

Keeth quite hatin on circles just cause your boyfriend and his brother cant do'em
Old 12-11-2004, 10:36 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Knowing what I know (which isn't much!) When I see a cirlce wheelie I flip out everytime. The skill, concentration, practice, dedicaton........too much!!!!

BUT, it seems that alot of guys are picking it up. The next big thing is gonna show you who the big names are. I can't wait.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:31 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Robbie
u crack me up all the time...i just never say anything
i got news for u...stuntin has been around for a long time
its just new to u...so u have no idea what ur talking about.
ur 17 and u think u know it all about this "sport"....

ok..im done...i could go on and explain more...but it wont sink in to ur head.
what the hell are you talking about? i never said that stunting hasnt been around for a long time...every ****ing post you make is ignorant..and when you dont have **** to be ignorant about you make something up...get off that 50,get off drugs and get a life you loser...90% of the people on stuntlife will agree your a ***.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:38 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

I think amost everything with a wheelie has been done, the next insane tricks are going to come in the form of stoppie, acrobatics, or a hybrid of wheelie/acrobatic or stoppie/acrobatics...

I don't think it will fizzle out, and I dont' think we can't make up new tricks. Five years ago if you told peopel you could do a no handed wheelie they would probably stare you down sideways, but I think tricks like the watchtower/kaneinsane are really going to shape the sport in the next few months. I'm seein more people reppin captain American's which is pimp. It's tricks like that, that blend technicality with insanity.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:06 AM

yeah i got some ideas for new tricks so im keeping them to myself. but doodle, why do you say robbie is on drugs? anyway....i dont think it will fizzle out but i do think that people should try some different stuff.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:52 AM

kidstunta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by doodle13245
what the hell are you talking about? i never said that stunting hasnt been around for a long time...every ****ing post you make is ignorant..and when you dont have **** to be ignorant about you make something up...get off that 50,get off drugs and get a life you loser...90% of the people on stuntlife will agree your a ***.
I think that there really arent thaaat many stuntriders out there. I mean, there are alot, but really not that many total. I go to bike night where there are over 100 sportbikes many a time, and I do not see one single stuntrider. I mean, many of them wheelie their bikes, or try to, but I dont really think they are stuntriders. All in all, the population is small, especially compared with any other sport out there.

I dont think it will fizzle out. I just hope it can find a good place....

Anyone know if stuntriding is going to be a part of the xgames??
Old 12-12-2004, 01:00 AM

02redr1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, maybe we're in the minority here, but in our metroplex, there are only probably 7 people at most that know how to do slow ****, less than 5mph....second, look at europe, they're way ahead of us as far as the timeline of professional stunting goes, and their **** is stronger than ever...
Old 12-12-2004, 01:14 AM

Juice is an unknown quantity at this point

this thread is proof that it wont fizzle out. Its good to see that everyone is concerned about this sports future. Alot of top names are pushing harder than ever to make things work. Sponsers are investing money in products for this sport so there deffinitly money to be made. There are websites, tv shows, documenteries, moveis, its obviously a snowball effect and its picking up speed. Its just a matter of time before its main steam.

Quick Reply: who thinks this sport is going to fizzle out?