Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 03:38 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
jbad is working on a lot...but any other help would be great.

the idea is that ALL the stuntriders will hang/ride at a specified location for a few hours on friday night and maybe sat afternoon, then head over to Reliant for the show, and then downtown for the afterparty...

I am hoping all you guys that will be hitting up the local spots/afterparties will be patient with all the kids that will most likely show up. Teenagers are going to be this sports biggest audience. Some of them probably aren't old enough to drive, others may have bikes, but when they are hangin around, if they come talk to you, keep in mind they look up to a lot of you guys, so try your best to include them in the fun (without doing anything illegal ) Just thought I would throw that out there. Being a nice guy gets you far, especially at this level in the game.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:02 PM

SoCalRPM is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??

great idea, and that is the way we would want things to go, but as of right now, there is no TV sponsorship, so that is not very valuable....

i already do that with ARGO Cycles...without them, i would not be riding!
Warren Jamez's bike should be wrapped by Famous.

Old 12-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by forcefedfreak
I am hoping all you guys that will be hitting up the local spots/afterparties will be patient with all the kids that will most likely show up. Teenagers are going to be this sports biggest audience. Some of them probably aren't old enough to drive, others may have bikes, but when they are hangin around, if they come talk to you, keep in mind they look up to a lot of you guys, so try your best to include them in the fun (without doing anything illegal ) Just thought I would throw that out there. Being a nice guy gets you far, especially at this level in the game.

c'mon kid!!

i love kids....i wouldnt be doing what i do without them!!

for real though, good looking out...definately gotta appeal to the kids whos parents buy them the vids and tshirts!!

WJ bike looking good!
Old 12-14-2004, 04:27 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=TEACH C6]c'mon kid!!

i love kids....i wouldnt be doing what i do without them!!

for real though, good looking out...definately gotta appeal to the kids whos parents buy them the vids and tshirts!!
QUOTE]

haha everyone knows you don't have to be told that Teach, I was just throwin it out there though, I mean I remember playin small local shows with bands and these kids would come up and ask some of the bands for autographs or talk to them about their equipment, and some bands are just ********* and think "Why is this stupid kid talking to me" but you know if you are nice to that kid, then he'll buy all your cds (or in this case DVDs) and him and all his friends will make the effort to make it out to shows/comps.

And like Teach said, these kids parents have the $$$ that you want to end up in your pocket.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:59 PM

jbad is an unknown quantity at this point

jbad is working on a lot...but any other help would be great.

the idea is that ALL the stuntriders will hang/ride at a specified location for a few hours on friday night and maybe sat afternoon, then head over to Reliant for the show, and then downtown for the afterparty...

YEAH thanks teach
Im getting the lot nearly on lock. I got the info I needed from Teach today via eMail and fwd. from Ken Abbot.
Now that I know where we stand, I can better judge the spot and get the proper **** done so we can make it all legal

looking at a Sams near Dunvale in Houston ( bout 20 min drive from reliant) so its all good and in the neighborhood!
Old 12-14-2004, 06:40 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by naturalborn
your my hero
DAMN i have a fan!!!!! and a hot one at that. . if your gonna be in houston im hangin out with you. i cant wait to get away from frosty weather.
holla holla ya'll
mike
Old 12-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Mrs ATL Freestyle

naturalborn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZANNMANN
DAMN i have a fan!!!!! and a hot one at that. . if your gonna be in houston im hangin out with you. i cant wait to get away from frosty weather.
holla holla ya'll
mike
sup man, [blush, blush], i might be in houston not real sure yet. Keep the vids coming
Old 12-15-2004, 01:15 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

congrats to everyone involved

this looks like it just might be the one thats gets our foot in the door. Everyone on that list deserved to be on it. Everyone on that list has put in more hardwork and dedication than you know. It should turn out to be a good event. If we can make it there we'll be there cheering for you guys :YEAH

EDUB
Old 12-15-2004, 07:47 AM

DAN1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by forcefedfreak

amen to that brotha!!! i've met a couple of the "big names" that when i met them i either wanted to kick their ***, or swore i would never buy anything that they were involved in again. why is it that as soon as some people learn how to do a circle, or get a 5 minute spot in someone's video they think they are the ****......and some kinda rockstar. (you know who you are)
Old 12-16-2004, 06:18 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

http://fmx.cc.com/shows/Show.2004-11-18.5545

here is the info, including ticket sales
Old 12-16-2004, 09:55 AM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point

once weather here doesnt suck im going to go look for some alternative spots for the outsiders to come and ride if jbad cant secure that sams parking lot.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:59 AM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point

if i get pitpass can i bring my 50 to play around on . that would be GREAT
Old 12-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Stunt Pimp

Pat-trick is an unknown quantity at this point

its gonna be a fun time . i am gonna break out my special old school gold helmet for this one . lol
Old 12-16-2004, 01:39 PM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mekrew
if i get pitpass can i bring my 50 to play around on . that would be GREAT
when u gunna order greg? lemme know so we can get EVERYONE together who wants to go, so that we can all sit together and not all scattered.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:08 PM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold

another thing...
will they be playing any advertisements on the radio? since cc owns pretty much every station in houston ud think that theyd promote it? i KNOW if u guys put commercials about it on the radio, ud have a much more populated turnout. think about it. run em in the morning from like 7-10 and in the evening from like 3-8 or sumthin after all, that is the time when most people listen to the radio. just a suggestion.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:11 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

has anyone ever seen or heard the promo stuff for the FMX shows? Im sure it will be along the same lines, TV radio etc
Old 12-16-2004, 11:47 PM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, I read the whole thread, now im up to speed.
Thanks everyone who is being supportive here. I guess I need to get the oil changed in my truck!
I want to say one thing though regarding the XSBA.
Ive read hear that some people believe it was a failure but I dont see it that way. I think for the time it exposed the sport and it was a tremendous learning curve for the people who were involved organizing and participating.
Hopefully now at this new venue things will be different.
Count on my part...
TonyD-
Old 12-17-2004, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
has anyone ever seen or heard the promo stuff for the FMX shows? Im sure it will be along the same lines,<a onMouseOver="window.status='' ; return true;" onMouseOut="window.status='';" oncontextmenu="window.status=''; return true;" onclick="location.href='http://www.enhancemysearch.com/admin/results.php?q=TV&id=21';return false;" href="" TITLE="More Info..."> TV </a>radio etc
nah i havent seen anything on the radio...send a pm to someone at 945 the buzz (thebuzz.com) and let em know whats going on, maybe theyd say sumthin on the radio?
Old 12-17-2004, 07:18 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TimsKFX400
nah i havent seen anything on the radio...send a pm to someone at 945 the buzz (thebuzz.com) and let em know whats going on, maybe theyd say sumthin on the radio?

as we get closer, there will be both TV and radio ads...
Old 12-17-2004, 06:26 PM

robert929lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

In regards to the parking lot Jacob is looking at. Isn't that the same parking lot that H P D arrested about 100 people some drag racers and mostly spectators about a year and a half ago? Maybe it was one adjacent to it, but it was close. That Sams is a 24hr facility, so good luck. Wouldn't the Sams over behind the Mc Donalds off of I-610 be better? Just a curious question and a honest and very nuetral observation.... I wouldn't say anything bad about my boy Jacob, hell because of his advice in the past I've progressed to the point I'm at.....But he still needs to holla back at me...I got
a cell phone bill too..........Later........

Quick Reply: Houston XSBA at Reliant Stadium: Who's gonna be there and what do you think??