goofy foot.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 05:19 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person
goofy foot.....

i know this has got to apply to stunting too

Like in skateboarding someone is either regular stance or goofy stance. Its just a matter of preference and flavor. So im thinking the same applies to streetbikes. Like most people will learn circles to the left but some to the right. Im right handed and for some reason circles felt better to learn to the right then the left. Same goes for circles in general. People usually try and learn them standing but Ive always been a sit down guy. I think it just all boils down to style and comfort level. DIfferent strokes for different folks I guess. I just thought it was interesting how the sport is starting to develop different styles. Thats whats gonna bring the sport to a whole new level. It shows that there is variety within our sport. Which is needed.

Different styles = different tricks and creativity

call me crazy but I think this just might be true \

EDUB
Old 12-07-2004, 05:24 PM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: goofy foot.....

i know what you mean, when i used to ride bmx, i used to do 360's to the left, with my pegs on the left, but most with pegs on the left would spin to the right, hence the 180 slides... but it is all preference and comfort.. for me, my circles owuld be to the left..
Old 12-07-2004, 05:27 PM
AGGRESSION!

Originally Posted by xRR-riderx
i know what you mean, when i used to ride bmx, i used to do 360's to the left, with my pegs on the left, but most with pegs on the left would spin to the right, hence the 180 slides... but it is all preference and comfort.. for me, my circles owuld be to the left..
thats exactly what I was trying to say but I just didnt know how to say it

glad someone at least knows what im trying to say
Old 12-07-2004, 05:53 PM

Ecentrik is an unknown quantity at this point

i know wut u mean.. i am learnin skitchin and i can only do it off right side right now :0 heh
Old 12-07-2004, 05:56 PM

DeeZR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same thing with me and BMX.....ain't gotten good enough for circles though.

DeeZ
Old 12-07-2004, 06:13 PM

J.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM

Like in skateboarding someone is either regular stance or goofy stance. Its just a matter of preference and flavor. So im thinking the same applies to streetbikes. Like most people will learn circles to the left but some to the right. Im right handed and for some reason circles felt better to learn to the right then the left. Same goes for circles in general. People usually try and learn them standing but Ive always been a sit down guy. I think it just all boils down to style and comfort level. DIfferent strokes for different folks I guess. I just thought it was interesting how the sport is starting to develop different styles. Thats whats gonna bring the sport to a whole new level. It shows that there is variety within our sport. Which is needed.

EDUB
i got ya

with bmx pegs on the left and i would do my 360's to the right my first circle were to the right but now i can go both ways
Old 12-07-2004, 06:31 PM
myspace.com/redlinepeyton

Peyton is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn I was just telling someone this the other night....
i skated for 16 years and rode regular footed, and when I was on a half pipe it allways felt more comforable to turn backside (to the right) now sence I've been trying to learn circles it feels better to turn right but I think it's much harder to get them tight when going to the right?

I don't know....I've been having such a hard time with circles, it almost feels like learning to ride all over again
Old 12-07-2004, 06:39 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

*sigh* im not lookin forward to learning circles, everyone always complains about how damn hard they are and how they take forever... thats goin to suck lol, maybe ill get lucky and "learn quick" like i do with alot of other things.

Side skitching off the right just doesnt feel right at all. I prefer left but can do both, right just feels wierd.

Like E-DUB said diff strokes for diff folks.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:15 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

My boy does staggered standup circles to the right.. instead of left. Which I used to think was weird, but it works out really good for him. I think foot in the bar O's right are wEird too, cause your body is on the inside instead of staying on top, but that how I am learning them. So maybe.. I am doing goofy circles?
Old 12-07-2004, 11:41 PM

Dragnlikeapimp is an unknown quantity at this point

ya im learning circles and with my foot on the rear peg and sitting i feel better doing them to the left but with my foot in the bar right seems easier.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:14 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

upstateR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yo Edub, it'll be years before you guys see how similar the skating industry is to Stuntin. Noticed how the videos are progressing, the music, the quality? Notice how the magazines are progressing? Notice how the pros are starting to seperate from the amateurs? Notice how the competitions are starting to get interesting? Just wait and see, I've been saying it for years and so far I've been right............................................. .

Just remember when this stunting thing slows down, which it will....skating was everything in 89, nothing in 93 (remember little wheels and pressure flips?), and everything again in 2000. Its all progression and cycles.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:47 AM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Stunting is gaining more and more hype as the months go by thats for sure, i would be so thrilled to see Stuntfest and **** on TV. But sometimes i wonder how long it will last because how many diff tricks can actually be done on a bike. There are alot yes, but someday were goin to run outa ways of trying to kill ourself haha.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:17 PM
AGGRESSION!

Originally Posted by upstateR6
Yo Edub, it'll be years before you guys see how similar the skating industry is to Stuntin. Noticed how the videos are progressing, the music, the quality? Notice how the magazines are progressing? Notice how the pros are starting to seperate from the amateurs? Notice how the competitions are starting to get interesting? Just wait and see, I've been saying it for years and so far I've been right............................................. .

Just remember when this stunting thing slows down, which it will....skating was everything in 89, nothing in 93 (remember little wheels and pressure flips?), and everything again in 2000. Its all progression and cycles.
I know what your saying.........

i think 05' is gonna be the year that big things happen though. Skating had its ups and downs and finally paid off. I guess it just takes the right people to bring the sport to that level.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:41 PM
STUNTING FOR HEP C!!!!

Squirrel_12 is an unknown quantity at this point

hell yea E dub!
hey keep hitting that pipe i like your deep words!!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 05:51 PM

RUSH. is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking the same thing but I thought I was the only one. I was actually trying to figure out if I was goofy or regular when it came to stunting. I am weird though, I kick a soccer ball with my right but I punt a football with my left.(if that has anything to do with it) I started learning circles to the right and it felt way more comfortable. Then I learned them to the left. Now I like them better but going right just felt more natural.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NovaMan
But sometimes i wonder how long it will last because how many diff tricks can actually be done on a bike. There are alot yes, but someday were goin to run outa ways of trying to kill ourself haha.

I won't say so, Look at BMX flatland. I've seen guys standing on their bars, riding the front wheel, and stay up by pushing it with their foot. I never would have thought of that, NEVER.

I think it's only gonna get crazier, you'll see spreader circles from everyone in time. Hell, it'll prolly be ONE guy who invents most of the new tricks.

Like Rodney Mullin in skateboarding, he really invented the ollie, before him they didn't slam the back of the board down, so they got like 6 inches high TOPS. With the slam of the board down, it'll come up much high. tons of other tricks he invented that i don't have time to explain.

Anywho, the tricks are just gonna get more and more dangerous.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:06 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

upstateR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree..........spreader, cancan, and even highchair circles will be the norm someday soon, all we need is a Rodney Mullen.......
Old 12-08-2004, 07:28 PM

verticalfrank is a decent person

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM

EDUB
you might be on to something
Old 12-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

same thing goes with bike stunters, in a diff way though.

ours is simple though...... some poeple do stand ups better, other do sit downs better. I haven't ever been able to figure out why. I know it doesn't have anything to do with stance, but i'm just saying different styles make it interesting, ya know?