Success!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 11:15 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Success!

After i got off work today i was anxious to get my *** over to the Honda dealership in town and pick up some oil, as soon as i got home i dumped her in and bike started up 2nd try in this cold *** weather .

Hurray! the crank case is back in order, no more leaks. Fixed my right clip-on and didnt even bother puttin the plastics back on and took it out for a spin. Felt soooo good lol. Was alittle hesitent on the wheelies at first but after 2 attempts i busted out a long one and was happy. Then brought it back home.

Now a few questions, my front forks are bent pretty damn good so my bars are kinked off to the right now . How do i go about fixing this? Just wedging the front tire into somethin in crankin on them in the right direction is ok right? Sorry if thats a stupid question.

Also, Should i worry about this "cold weld" stuff breaking down when it gets hot, im pretty sure its exactly like JB weld for the most part, its strong as hell, i just dont wanna spring a leak after riding for awhile when its hot... that would suck.

*sings* cant nobody hold me down... no no.. i gotta keep on riiddiingg. couldnt resist.

Im so pumped to have my bike back, tomarrow its goin to get introduced to the Ratchet and zip-ties and im hittin the streets :YEAH WOOO!!
Old 11-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Regular StuntLifer

longrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Success!

If the forks are just twisted in the clamps and not actually bent (which is most likely) just loosen up the triple clamp bolts, stand in front of the bike holding the wheel between your legs and push the bars the way they need to go to be straight. I have done this many times
Old 11-29-2004, 11:26 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

ive seen jb weld hold up on summer days of hard stunting..but about the forks..if their real bad replace them..look on ebay for a set..glad to hear u got it running...
Old 11-29-2004, 11:31 PM

Yeah Squidmark just mentioned the triple tree thing as well, never thought about that. Thats probably what it is.

I didnt think i really needed to worry about it breakin down on me, but figured id ask to make sure. Tomarrow those plastics are goin to be in pain from the drill bit haha.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:32 AM

drillin holes for what? cage or zipties? haha...zipties are the sniznit
Old 11-30-2004, 12:34 AM

zipties of course :YEAH

gotta ziptie my tail section back together, and the corner of my wind screen (already have 2 on the oposite corner lol) also gotta bend my clutch lever back, kinda a pain in the *** to shift today.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:39 AM

be careful bending the clutch lever back...if you put too much leverage on where it mounts to the bars it'll snap off..ive seen i happen..fun watching dudes ride their pieces home with no clutch haha..get pix when u ziptie it all back together..and carry some with you in your trunk haha...
Old 11-30-2004, 12:59 AM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NovaMan
Yeah Squidmark just mentioned the triple tree thing as well, never thought about that. Thats probably what it is.

I didnt think i really needed to worry about it breakin down on me, but figured id ask to make sure. Tomarrow those plastics are goin to be in pain from the drill bit haha.
just looseing the top two bolts... or bottom two. And you should be able to push your tire straight. Thats what i did.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:03 AM
Crashing SUCKS!!!

LAST CALL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by longrider
If the forks are just twisted in the clamps and not actually bent (which is most likely) just loosen up the triple clamp bolts, stand in front of the bike holding the wheel between your legs and push the bars the way they need to go to be straight. I have done this many times
I need to do this to my bike. My handlebars are tweaked to the left a little.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:38 AM

wangsta6 is a decent person

zip ties rule
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00651.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	111274  
Old 11-30-2004, 10:46 AM

Thanks for the info guys, im goin to go buy me a pack of zip-ties now and get my *** out riding (25* outside... im hardcore lol)
Old 11-30-2004, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by NovaMan
Thanks for the info guys, im goin to go buy me a pack of zip-ties now and get my *** out riding (25* outside... im hardcore lol)
haha thats gangsta...make sure your tires are warmed up before any hard riding...
Old 11-30-2004, 11:59 AM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, cold tires suck, especially when you don't have tread or money to get new ones
Old 11-30-2004, 01:21 PM

yeah my dunlop 208's are hittin the trash next season and im goin to probably get some metzler's, friend has those on his F2 and they hook up even in the cold. 208's suck.

I always do a small burnout befor i try to bust out wheelies, or if im on the move i attempt a sit down (usually spin) then that warms up the tire enough to pull up a standup :YEAH
Old 11-30-2004, 01:31 PM

Went out this morning and examined my crank case, turns out that it is leaking slightly outa a small gap, so i mixed up some more cold weld and put on another extra thick layer haha, i should have that beotch now.

Couldnt straighten out my handle bars, loosened 4 bolts and found that none of them do what i needed to but i ended up lowering my front end about 5" that was a pain in the *** to bring the bike back up (floor jack/hammer) since i dont have race stands. so i just straightened my clipon's out and am goin to rock it till i can get the damn main bolt dead center of the yoke loose (im assuming thats the one that i can use to straighten them out?)

All thats left is zip-tieing up the plastics and gettin out and rockin that ****.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:41 PM

i was gonna say...put another fat layer on just is case haha...