sv650 owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 12:26 PM
HoOk

J-Hook is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: sv650 owners!!!

Originally Posted by Mogwai
ooohhhhh, looky what I just found......."The dealer also told me that its not really the wheelie that causes the bearing to turn, its the over reving. I read somewhere that the sv's shouldnt be run in the higher rpm range. Is this true? " this is from socalsvriders.org
thats how i blew mine..... riding some twisties out here was runnin it too high in the RPM's..... never did a wheelie except some throttle wheelies.... thats about it....
Old 12-02-2004, 12:32 PM

Mogwai will become famous soon enough

hmmm, interesting, I know for a fact that when Dizz blew his second motor he was down in Ohio having a coastie contest with Andy and they were reving the hell out of their bikes! And he rides ideled up A LOT!!!!

I found a new theory!
Old 12-02-2004, 12:38 PM
HoOk

hmmm, interesting, I know for a fact that when Dizz blew his second motor he was down in Ohio having a coastie contest with Andy and they were reving the hell out of their bikes! And he rides ideled up A LOT!!!!

I found a new theory!
yeah no rev=no blow

my SV's just gonna be my street bike.... lol.....
Old 12-02-2004, 12:44 PM

I haven't given up yet......
Old 12-02-2004, 12:51 PM
HoOk

I haven't given up yet......
i got me an F2 on the way.... lol
Old 12-02-2004, 09:39 PM

james99099 is an unknown quantity at this point

come to think of it the second year i had my bike I ran the ***** off it. rev limiter bounces and all. After my wheelies started getting real good is when I dropped oil pressure and the rest is history. The dealer said the recall doesn't affect my bike. But I looked up the vin and it is. Does anyone know where I can get that block off plate. Thanks
Old 12-06-2004, 08:27 AM

I'm thinking you can just order one for the 02 or 03 and mount it up (whatever year they improved the oil pick-up), but there again you're going to have to split the case to install it.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:08 PM

YOGURT is an unknown quantity at this point

Where can we get 12 bar and cage??? I seen dizzo had a 12 bar but he does not reply to email.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:19 AM

Ninja Jay is an unknown quantity at this point

i recomend building your own 12 bar... if you know a good welder.... cuz then you can make it as wide and thick as you want... and alot cheaper.... also i recomend to use exuast clamps to hold it on as well.... if you can get them around your subframe... i know some subframes are a hasle..... but it wont weekin the subrame or the cage as much if you use exuast clamps instead of drilling holes.... just my
Old 12-07-2004, 12:22 AM

hey yogurt, you been practicing lately.... were do you stand on that level now.... stunting wise.... if so... send some pics......
Old 12-07-2004, 08:17 AM

what up bobble not stunting yet just got my sprokets 10 up 1 down. Waiting for the handelbar set up from the naked model and a headlight. Still trying to find a 12 bar and cage. Burt said he could make one but it would be a few weeks. So I will be wrecking soon. When I get it ready Ill pm ya.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:10 PM

yea, let me know... also let burt know not to use the same metal or steel or whatever he used on gurillas bike because i dont like that set up... look at the site www.schoolofruckus.com and check out special k's bar... thats home made and i really like his set up for it.... its reall wide and you can mount it were you want... but definitly you would want to check into that.... but, i recommend learning slows a little bit before slamming it on the bar a whole lot... but your going to have to feel what its like back there beyond balance point because it it totally different.... be careful.... and good luck,

-bobble.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:03 PM

Yea i think i might mess up a few tails before i go with the 12 bar they say its more giving. Who made special-k's 12 bar??
Old 12-07-2004, 10:41 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sv750s
Where can we get 12 bar and cage??? I seen dizzo had a 12 bar but he does not reply to email.
Sorry for Dizzo's lack of responce to PM's I know he is lacking internet now. Like nija jay shad said you best bet might be homemade I don't think anyone is making bars or cages for the SV's yet. Post some pic's when you get one.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:28 PM

CHAO5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Schwartz
Sorry for Dizzo's lack of responce to PM's I know he is lacking internet now. Like nija jay shad said you best bet might be homemade I don't think anyone is making bars or cages for the SV's yet. Post some pic's when you get one.
www.moto-heaven.com Phil will hook you up... quickly too.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:35 PM

Dragnlikeapimp is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys glad to see some sv tech not too much out there as far as stunting them. i got 6000mi on mine and been doing slow wheelies and 12s and **** since about 2500mi. i run like a qt and a half over and i only get the light to come on when im in a 12 and my bar is right up aginst the end of the tail too. oh ya with that in a 12 my bike also shuts off sometimes because of the fi sensor. any way to stop this? the only problem ive had as far as reg wheelies is if i do long high reving ones i blow oil out the exhaust. i thought it was blow by but it goes away after a little while. someone said it was just oil getting in the intake through like the vent tube or sometihng. this so or anyone else got ideas? thanks.

ok ya as far as bars and cages i was told 905 has em i made my bar tho and havent actually orderd a cage yet so dont know for sure if they do
Old 12-08-2004, 12:21 AM

the tail section is alot more giving but it all depends on how fast you think you will learn... becuase you arent going to want to just pop the clutch and land on the tail/bar... you will want to feather the rear brake... work on that for a while... but i truthfully wouldnt try learning slows until you get a cage.... check with 905 and the the other place... its powers something.... if not see about making one....

and i dont know who made his bar.... but i like the material used and the size of it.... me, i just went with freestyle.... they hooked me up with the best price so i went with them.... fi bar and cage.... the only problem i have had with the cage is one of the ext. frame slider bolts is bent... i just have to replace it .. other than that... its held up damn good though a good amount of wrecks.... also i recomend getting ahold of a quad.... its 100% easier learning slows on them because they dont sway side to side... so all you have to do is have brake and throttle control.... granted it will be totally different than a bike.. but once you can do slows on a 4-wheeler, it just makes it that much easier on a bike....

-bobble
Old 12-08-2004, 12:25 AM

oh, and drag-n-like-a-pimp..... nice name.... but on the fi sensor... if you mean the tip sensor... if its anything like a f4i... there will be 3 wires... cut them all and then splice the two on the outside together and just tape off the middle one... but then again.. i dont know... i ride and work on f4i's...
Old 12-08-2004, 07:54 AM

E-mail this guy about the cage, they may also have 12 bars by now

aaron@racing905.com

Or call Aaron

(619) 210-4777

Good luck, and if you get the cage post some pictures, I haven't seen one yet.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:16 PM

Dragnlikeapimp is an unknown quantity at this point

hey ninja jay thank you on both accounts

Quick Reply: sv650 owners!!!