Looped it!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 11:06 AM

Elementum Vita is an unknown quantity at this point
Looped it!!!!!

Well the road gods have finally reached out and touched me. Gonna have to attribute this to carelessness. 1st gear wheelie, didn't cover the rear brake. Came right up to the balance point, that was a first, i was like nicceee, then she kept going i was like fuccckkkk. All slow motion from there, i land on my *** start sliding, thank god the bike didn't come down on me, she went off started flipping as i watched then i thought, maybe i should roll. Which i did in style. Figure i went down at about 50mph. Bike is pretty fuxored. The kicker is i was on lunch from work, so i left my pretty leather icon jacket at the office, only had on helmet and gloves. Left arm is rashed pretty nicely, right arm is decent, gloves held up, I'll try to get some pics up. Bike is ummm totalled. Me pretty R6 has left me, it's liter time ladies. :-) :Rock
Old 11-19-2004, 06:18 PM

fireman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Looped it!!!!!

Originally Posted by Elementum Vita
Well the road gods have finally reached out and touched me. Gonna have to attribute this to carelessness. 1st gear wheelie, didn't cover the rear brake. Came right up to the balance point, that was a first, i was like nicceee, then she kept going i was like fuccckkkk. All slow motion from there, i land on my *** start sliding, thank god the bike didn't come down on me, she went off started flipping as i watched then i thought, maybe i should roll. Which i did in style. Figure i went down at about 50mph. Bike is pretty fuxored. The kicker is i was on lunch from work, so i left my pretty leather icon jacket at the office, only had on helmet and gloves. Left arm is rashed pretty nicely, right arm is decent, gloves held up, I'll try to get some pics up. Bike is ummm totalled. Me pretty R6 has left me, it's liter time ladies. :-) :Rock
damn, that sux...bring on the liter bike!!!
Old 11-19-2004, 07:48 PM

Daenan is an unknown quantity at this point

wrong forum
Old 11-21-2004, 02:08 PM

blackgt76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh stay away from liter bikes if you looped your r6 or this forum might be right for you, for your sake i hope that does not happen
Old 11-22-2004, 01:51 PM

Elementum Vita is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blackgt76
Ahh stay away from liter bikes if you looped your r6 or this forum might be right for you, for your sake i hope that does not happen
Been riding for a loonnggg time, the r6 I used primarily for stunting, I normally ride track. Tell me of one rider who stunts regularly and hasn't dropped a bike at least once. It's just the nature of the beast, I plan to track the r1 as well and then get another stunt bike later. Don't assume because I looped a bike I can't ride, cause you will be sorely mistaken.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

i looped my bike on saturday. i like to clutch 2nd geat staight to the balance point and catch with the brake. BUT, i clutch it in 1st not knowing and i gave it the power that 2nd gear needs.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:01 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teamclc
i looped my bike on saturday. i like to clutch 2nd geat staight to the balance point and catch with the brake. BUT, i clutch it in 1st not knowing and i gave it the power that 2nd gear needs.
what part of cali are you in? we are having a ride this sunday if you want to roll. going to be in temecula area i think
Old 11-22-2004, 05:19 PM

TwoEleven is a decent person

Originally Posted by Elementum Vita
Good you didn't hurt yourself too bad. Did you go back to work? I looped my over the summer. Nothing worst than watching your bike flip. I did the 1st gear loop too. I was use to clutch'n it up in 2nd. When it was over and I was lying on my stomach, all I was thinking was why did I just do that dumb shyt!
Old 11-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by gsxr7502001
what part of cali are you in? we are having a ride this sunday if you want to roll. going to be in temecula area i think

Southern Cali Riverside area. So You are the owner of MXDcages huh? I need to meet up with you sometime soon. I am Brandons friend. I got your # from him but i havent called you yet. We should meet up on Friday. PM me and let me know. My name is Tony
Old 11-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Two Tone

My crash was quite similar. I love or should i say loved riding high sitdowns at a steady speed 45-50 mph. I just clutched it really hard and was riding it at the balance point and i tried catching it with the brake but it was just to rapid. I hit the 12 bar and then got sideways so i let it go. The bar kept the bike from comming all the way back though. I slid on my back for about 15-20 feet. I have a Icon ti-max Jacket and the titanium plate on the back really saved me. My powers cage saved my bike but the momentum tossed it to the top side a little and broke my fairing stay in like 3 places. Those sliders on the cage are a bike saver.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:27 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by teamclc

ive done that dude, hit the bar so f.uc.king hard it didn't know what happened, rear tire came off the ground
Old 11-22-2004, 11:28 PM

Punk'D is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend looped his bike about two weeks ago. He wasnt wearing a jacket either. He also was wearing shorts. He just got road rash on his ***. He wasnt going that fast.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:48 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

looping sux,all i can say is think about what your doing before you do it,and always remember the brake is there..but i guess its not as easy as it sounds?
Old 11-23-2004, 10:05 AM

eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, loopin sucks. i looped about a month ago. 2nd gear at around 80. the only gear i had was a lid. never had to hit the rear break before so i didnt even think about usin it. woulda saved my skin and my bike.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:18 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

hey your from jonesboro? i used to have family there,haha when i was like 12 i used to cruise nedelton with my cousins.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:27 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Getsome is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you are ok. Anyone who has been riding for a long time or Stunting for more than a few months would be lying if they said they never put a bike down.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:33 AM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by Getsome
Glad you are ok. Anyone who has been riding for a long time or Stunting for more than a few months would be lying if they said they never put a bike down.

True True, i drop my bike a good 5-10 times a day when doing 12's and other slow stuff. I finally went into the garage to work on the bike since the fall and i found that my fairing stay = broken in 3 places, My front rim = Bent, Front upper fairing = Cracked again. Left bar end = Bent, Powers Cage = Bent badly.. I'm happy though, because i am lucky that the forks aren't bent or the cage didn't break a motor mount, and the tire still holds air. So some zip ties and some more gas and i'll be riding on saturday. :YEAH
Old 11-24-2004, 10:38 AM

robert929lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't need to tell you, but get back on the thing as soon as possible. I didn't loop my bike, but I had a bad spill a year ago and I got hurt pretty-good. I just started to ride again about a week or two ago and everything feels wrong. I haven't had the nerves to try first gear anything and the only second gear stuff I've tried has been highchairs, so for me it's gonna take a little time, but I'll be back or dead one of the two. I think my problem is I waited too damned long to get back on the bike.....Don't let this be you...man, get back on that thing as soon as possible......Late.......good luck....... :YEAH
Old 12-19-2004, 05:53 AM

Cirilo750 is an unknown quantity at this point

He is absolutely right in my case. I crashed 6-20-2004 and broke both my arms. It was like a bad night of drinking, because when I was in the hospital [ metro health in OHIO ] the first night I said I would never ride again. Then the next day in the hospital I said to my mom that I would definetaly ride again but I would,nt stunt. Then 2 weeks later I was working my part time cashiering job at the gas station then after work I would go home and work on my r6 [ with a long cast on 1 arm and a short cast on the other ! ] to get it ready for riding. I ended up noticing that my frame was badly tweaked and parted it out on e_ay. And believe it or not I was back on a 2002 750 only 7 or 8 days after I got my casts off, which was only 8 weeks after breaking both my arms. I do have pics of my bike in my gallery , and I will be adding a picture of my scars tomorrow.
ps I just noticied that I am replying to a month old thread
Old 12-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Clutchitup.com

2 Vicious Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

damn dood, U shooda invested ina cage.

I looped a 2nd gear clutchup in august, 2 days after i got my FI cage.

Best investment i ever made. If it wasn't for the cage my bike woulda been totaled, But all i got was a busted tail and rearset bracket. I got pretty rashed up and tore some tendons in my foot.

Quick Reply: Looped it!!!!!