I have an Idea

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 12:45 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
Re: I have an Idea

hmmm....I would like to bump this thread up as a timely reminder to those forlorn individuals in South Florida who tried and tried but could not help but to succumb to the wack event blues, oh they will get on here saying positive things like "it was great" "Huge Turnout" "thanks Everyone"....

but we will have a few honest people who will let us know the truth as we have already seen in another thread

Thanks for your time and the huge turnout in this thread...

someone please post up in here and remind me of that age old 4 word phrase that is needed at times like this?
Old 12-19-2004, 01:09 PM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah Tomas thats whats up, finally some real **** being said on the boards.
We gotta start makin our own rules now ya herd.
Its too easy for people to just walk right in talkin about all these big things they are going to do for us then *** us and steal from us.
The cut throat **** has to stop even if we have to make it stop ourselves.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:33 PM
www.twistedstunts.com

devilstoy is an unknown quantity at this point

i just wanna ride
Old 12-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

some people will never learn...
Old 12-19-2004, 06:52 PM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Originally Posted by devilstoy
i just wanna ride
Well gee thanks for that. We all want to ride guy. This conversation is not about riding its about people who throw shows acting right and doing the right thing for the riders.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:11 PM

daveNBStunterZ is an unknown quantity at this point

uhhhmmm, are we talking about any show in particular that just happened this past weekend in south florida????

no new guy, just had to create a second name
Old 12-19-2004, 07:19 PM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Originally Posted by daveNBStunterZ
uhhhmmm, are we talking about any show in particular that just happened this past weekend in south florida????

no new guy, just had to create a second name
oh yeah, the one this past weekend, there was one like this overseas just recently, happened like 3 times last season, I can write a book about it.
Dont make me!!
But you know, untill it happens to you personally thats when it hurts.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:30 PM

tannar_zane is an unknown quantity at this point

Not a lot of people know about StuntKingz.com - we're not you're "more popular" stunt groups/websites. some people know about us tho. however, we know how to put on a good show. we've done about 6 great shows in the last year, and boy they were awesome. we had good PA equipment, great riders, and good hosts to get the crowd involved. we're not trying to get big, or get paid allllllllll this cash, but we do charge because it is a job.

i like this post tho - we at stuntkingz.com and brandxfreestyle.com stick to our roots, and just like to entertain crowds and get a lil extra cash on the side.

i don't like when these "big stunt groups" try to make some big event, lol... cause it always SUCKS. we've been to plenty of them. some people got it, some don't. some people like to overstep their boundries as a stunt team.

good post man.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:02 PM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

IM not pickin on you but, dude, im sure you guys put on a great show. Were not talking about teams. We are talking about promoters, comprendo-outsiders who try to organise events because they see $$$ in their future with our talents.

And what are you talking about? you say your not trying to get big or get paid a lot but you do charge cause you are doing a job? What dose that mean? your doing shows and promoting yourselves for what --to make as little as possible and not have anyone know who you are??
comon now your not talkin to a bunch of nuns here
Old 12-19-2004, 09:25 PM

tannar_zane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tony D
IM not pickin on you but, dude, im sure you guys put on a great show. Were not talking about teams. We are talking about promoters, comprendo-outsiders who try to organise events because they see $$$ in their future with our talents.

And what are you talking about? you say your not trying to get big or get paid a lot but you do charge cause you are doing a job? What dose that mean? your doing shows and promoting yourselves for what --to make as little as possible and not have anyone know who you are??
comon now your not talkin to a bunch of nuns here
well, we don't stunt for a big event for free. we're just not going to give ourselves away. lol

i see what you're saying, i thought you were talking about stunt teams.... my bad dude. btw, Ray Patton's sitting next to me, he says what's up!!!! lol, Ray also says don't be scared to call once in a while. haha

- Tannar
Old 12-19-2004, 09:30 PM

tell ray dont be scared to holla at me...I aint got him or brandos phone numbers
Old 12-19-2004, 10:03 PM

daveNBStunterZ is an unknown quantity at this point

TonyD is prolly on the top 5 guys to talk to about having a stunt show. Thomas is right there next to him. ive met both these guys and they got a head on there shoulders. Tony, i rode at your show in daytona, Thomas, you announced it(i was the guy trying circles for the first time and busted my *** 5 times). that was a fun show.actually i like those type of "free-for-all" shows better than comp. shows seem to "get drama started", free-for-alls seem to be more like hanging/stunting out at the local stunt spot, but there is a big crowd.

but you have to make money. and you have to realize who is trying to take your made money......
Old 12-19-2004, 10:24 PM
www.twistedstunts.com

devilstoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tony D
Well gee thanks for that. We all want to ride guy. This conversation is not about riding its about people who throw shows acting right and doing the right thing for the riders.
lol i know where your coming from i just sarted competeing this past summer in shows and ive rode some half *** ones , dsog thomas i think put on a good show in baltimore , i my self am not ready to hold a show either . but when it pretty comes down to it half *** or not ill probly be there , i wanna ride i love riding and maybe its differnt for you pro guys that are making money but untill i get to that level im having fun doing what im doing . o yea tony d i was out riding at helar park like 2 sundays ago when you were out there filming not trying to dis anyone what so ever
Old 12-19-2004, 10:39 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Good thread. Having been involved in the car scene (I know it's different) here in Australia and being part of the management of the Autosalon show series I totally agree that its all good and well for people to start up new events and the like, but as you said, mis-managed ones give the whole scene a bad vibe as goers may change their minds about going to the other longer-standing shows after being left with a bad taste in their mouth. The other thing is that a show is for the spectators and the more spectators the better. With people running around starting more and more shows, people are less likely to go to all of them, so you end up getting average size crowds across the board. I don't know whether I'm going anywhere with this or a little off topic, but I know for sure that when I finally get my *** back over to the US, maybe for Stuntwars or Bike Week, I don't want to be standing amongst 500 people, I'd rather be a part of 10,000+++ fans yelling and showing their appreciation for the skills the riders are showing off.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:37 PM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point

F*ck Cyclepalooza.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:38 AM

the 4 word phrase is "I TOLD YOU SO"

joe, please enlighten us??

Meacham gets credit for the B-more show...anything that I did that was good i earn credit for yes, but meacham ultimately gets the credit because he knew how important it was to make sure I was on board for the event
Old 12-20-2004, 12:40 AM

Flamed04R6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
someone please post up in here and remind me of that age old 4 word phrase that is needed at times like this?
Keep it simple stupid? is that it?
Old 12-20-2004, 07:19 AM

snigg is an unknown quantity at this point

so say i get a local drag strip to show interest in maybe holding a show, what do i do next? fly in tony d and thomas to handle the business? jk, but really what would be the best thing to do after you get a place to show some interest?

Quick Reply: I have an Idea