FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

Chromoly forks or stock, think i got taken

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 07:20 PM

HaZe_eZaH is an unknown quantity at this point
Chromoly forks or stock, think i got taken

Bought a 2nd hand fiddy and it runs super crisp, got the joker bigboy bar kit and some new bars, emig billlet brake perch, joker brake pedal, and was told chromoly forks. My friend tells me they are stock and he's had 50's for a while. I think he's right but dont know for sure.

Took off front wheel and right where the axle goes through the forks there is 3 letters G2H on one, F2H on other (this is at bottom of fork on inside facing rim). Does this confirm that they are infact stock? I just want to know what they are its bugging me

thanks for any info, I appreciate it
Old 02-15-2004, 09:28 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

potential is a decent person
Re: Chromoly forks or stock, think i got taken

post some pics of the bottom portion of the left forkleg where the axle slides through, seeing the welds and construction of the end of the leg anyone could tell you which ones they are. also, if you look at where the fork 'seal' is in relation to the fork gaurd, if it's almost entirely visible like this: , or this , it's probably a chromoly +1" forkleg, but if it's almost covered completely like this: , it's stock length and is most likely a stocker. hope that helps.
B

Last edited by potential; 02-15-2004 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:31 PM

HaZe_eZaH is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Chromoly forks or stock, think i got taken

Originally Posted by potential
post some pics of the bottom portion of the left forkleg where the axle slides through, seeing the welds and construction of the end of the leg anyone could tell you which ones they are. also, if you look at where the fork 'seal' is in relation to the fork gaurd, if it's almost entirely visible like this: , it's probably a chromoly +1" forkleg, but if it's almost covered completely like this: , it's stock length and is most likely a stocker. hope that helps.
B
They're stock lol thats what happens when u dont know your ish u get taken

thx for info