FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

CDI Box?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 05:18 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
CDI Box?

Well.. a friend of mine just installed an 88cc big bore kit in his brand new CRF50. Along with the big bore he installed a white brothers CDI box. So after everything is done we go out. Him on his XR and me on my stock Z. His acceleration was SICK. But top speed he was side by side with my STOCK 50. So after messin' around with **** we decided to give it a go with the stock CDI box. With the stock box he smoked me. So then we put the White bro's CDI box on my Z and it KILLED my top speed.

What the hell is up with that?
Old 10-05-2003, 01:20 PM

weedracer is a decent person
with the cdi box on your bike did you change you main jet if not try a 60 or 62 jet to give it more gas on top
Old 10-05-2003, 01:41 PM

GDub is an unknown quantity at this point
does it miss on top end? mine is missing like it needs more gas I need to play with the jets. I'll smoke off the line but once I max it out in 3rd my buddys 75 will go past me
Old 10-05-2003, 01:57 PM

Ivan is an unknown quantity at this point
did you guys mess with the gearing too? I went down to a 35 on my rear and it still wasn't enough.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:47 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
It had stock gearing....
Old 10-11-2003, 08:23 PM

Xidium is an unknown quantity at this point
Dam but a kitaco box, there the best.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:32 PM

Xidium is an unknown quantity at this point
SO get a kitaco and one more q, was his acceleration as good with the stock box as it was with the whit bors? Maybe theres is made for lowend power and the curve is screwy.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:23 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Brett256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CDI Box?

Originally posted by nags
Well.. a friend of mine just installed an 88cc big bore kit in his brand new CRF50. Along with the big bore he installed a white brothers CDI box. So after everything is done we go out. Him on his XR and me on my stock Z. His acceleration was SICK. But top speed he was side by side with my STOCK 50. So after messin' around with **** we decided to give it a go with the stock CDI box. With the stock box he smoked me. So then we put the White bro's CDI box on my Z and it KILLED my top speed.

What the hell is up with that?
Sounds like the CDI box is bad? Maybe it's advancing the ignition timing to much? Send that biatch back