FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

Blownsvt

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 01:36 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Blownsvt

Do you have pictures from when you installed your stroker crank, and changed out your transmission? How do you split the engine cases?
Old 09-19-2003, 03:16 PM

BLOWNSVT is an unknown quantity at this point
NINER, I only took a few pictures of the CT 4 speed cluster. So if it fell apart while transfering it into my xr cases I could put it back together. Usually on motorcycle engines the crank bearings are pressed onto the crank and into the engine cases. They won`t come apart unless you have a press. Now the fiddy engine only has the bearings pressed onto the crank and NOT into the cases. So basically when the cylinder,clutch,flywheel is off and you take all the case bolts out it splits with a couple of light taps with a hammer. You just have be carefull, It comes apart so easy that you could loose placement of some of the parts.

I`ll post the pictures I do have when I get home from work.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:20 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Thanks! You are the budget 50 performance king! I finally found a CT70H engine. $168.50 shipped.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:28 PM

168.50 shipped!! are you going from a stock fiddy engine to a 110cc? You better stock up on tires now
Old 09-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Retired

My plan is to buy the stroker crank now and put that in with the 4 speed manual transmission. Got to keep it cheap and simple for now. Keep the top end stock and keep my 60 main jet. Then this winter get the kitaco aluminum 88cc cylinder and pop up piston for running the xr70 head. A little port work on the 70 head, a cam, some HD valve springs, an exhaust, and a 22-26mm carb. I just ordered up some 3.00x10 zippy tires (62mph speed rating), and got new grips/ steel bar ends to keep from messing up grips and BBR's cheap plastic throttle sleeves.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:05 PM

Sorry man but that stroker crank won`t work with the stock topend.The piston pin height is different. You can put the tranny and clutch in and leave the crank and topend stock. Then take it apart again an install the stroker crank, big bore, clylinder head. Hey aleast you`ll have practice
Old 09-19-2003, 04:08 PM
Retired

Guess I will have to wait until I get all of my parts then. Or until I can take out another student loan! So is $168 a good price or a bad price for just the engine?
Old 09-19-2003, 04:14 PM

No thats a great price for the engine. I paid $250 for mine
Old 09-19-2003, 08:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

FREE is an unknown quantity at this point
what are you trying to do niner, make your 50 faster than mine, I wont stand for it. J/K. I will see you on the road course and we will race em, after they are moded, when you come home from school. When do you leave? No matter what you say I crash way more often, and much harder than you do! LOL latter, btw my fast 50 seat foam came in, and I will get it covered,and installed on monday. Now I need pegs, shifter, and skidplate. any suggestions on who makes the best kit?
Old 09-20-2003, 03:43 PM

These are the only pics I could find. As you can see in the first one there is not much in there. The crank and kick start spindle is not in the pic. I did not unstack any of the gears when I transfered them. I just kind scooped it up with my hands and plopped right in the fiddy cases.

pic#1

pic#2
Old 09-21-2003, 06:47 PM

FREE is an unknown quantity at this point
wow! looks complicated good luck with the swap niner.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:37 AM
Retired

Originally posted by FREE
what are you trying to do niner, make your 50 faster than mine, I wont stand for it. J/K. I will see you on the road course and we will race em, after they are moded, when you come home from school. When do you leave? No matter what you say I crash way more often, and much harder than you do! LOL latter, btw my fast 50 seat foam came in, and I will get it covered,and installed on monday. Now I need pegs, shifter, and skidplate. any suggestions on who makes the best kit?
Mine is already faster. I take off for the wasteland of Flint On the first of October. I used to crash as hard/often as you do, now I only crash once in a while, really, really hard.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:25 PM
JUST CLOWNING!

120clown is an unknown quantity at this point
is it hard to do a swap to a 110cc moter?? what is the total price it would cost me and where can i get one?? if it is cheeper that a big boar kit why dont people just go with the bigger moter thanks,
shawn
Old 09-22-2003, 07:48 PM

fab5fiddy is a decent person
Originally posted by 120clown
is it hard to do a swap to a 110cc moter?? what is the total price it would cost me and where can i get one?? if it is cheeper that a big boar kit why dont people just go with the bigger moter thanks,
shawn
hondaminitrail.com sells them brand new for like $800. they are a direct bolt in as long as it isnt from an atc.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:08 AM
JUST CLOWNING!

120clown is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet thanks!!
Old 09-23-2003, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by 120clown
shawn
A built engine will have higher compression, more agressive cam, bigger carb and will make alot more power. A built motor might be little less reliable. My engine does not lead an easy life at all and has not given me problem yet. knock on wood
Old 09-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Retired

I got my motor so I don't need this, but for anyone else that is interested there is a 4 speed gear cluster on ebay for dirt cheap! It is at $1.00 right now!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=1467&rd=1
Old 09-23-2003, 01:26 PM
Lacks self-control

C6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud of
I like the coors cans next to the tranny in the pics....weird, I dont think I see them opened
Old 09-23-2003, 01:41 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Klimaxx
I like the coors cans next to the tranny in the pics....weird, I dont think I see them opened
I am guessing that was at the beginning of the job. I am also guessing they are dead center in the picture to signify that they are the most important tool for the job.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:19 PM
Retired

I jumped for my motor too soon! I saw a CT70 with what looks like a manual clutch for around $28.

Quick Reply: Blownsvt