FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

jaling 124cc motor swap onto an 2004 crf50

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:15 AM

KaaL is a decent person
jaling 124cc motor swap onto an 2004 crf50

ok so i'm put a 124cc jaling motor on my boys crf50 had a few question about the wiring the wires coming out of the jaling motor are red/black, blue/white, and green and the wires on the crf50 are red/black, white/black, and there is a green wire that runs down for the rest of the harness that plugs into a two prong plug so one of the prongs is left open, so does anybody know how the two harness are supposed to plug up? and are the jaling motors need to run with an oil cooler because there are two 14mm bolt holes in the head and i just could figure out what they where for.....
Old 02-20-2008, 03:25 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: jaling 124cc motor swap onto an 2004 crf50

shouldnt need a oil cooler, i dont run one on either of my big motor's in the 50's and i've been beating the daylights outta them for over year.

Try this
Engine blue/white to harness Red/white
Engine red/black to harness red/yellow
Engine green to cdi green
Coil black/white to harness blue/yellow
Coil green to ground
harness black/white to your wire to kill switch or key to ground
Old 02-20-2008, 08:52 PM

KaaL is a decent person

ok so i try what u said strictly but engine blue/white to harness red/white, there is no red/white on the harness and engine red/black to harness red yellow theres no red/yellow on the harness, i'm using his stock crf harness and coil. i was hoping i could jus plug and play, the only wires i unplugged when i dropped the stock motor where 3 wire coming out of the motor going to the harness and on the jaling motor there are 3 coming out of the motor, i plugged up the 3 wires like i thought it should go and tryed starting it sounded health but no start so i pulled out the spark plug and its getting spark so now i'm stomped?
Old 02-20-2008, 09:16 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

gas ?
Old 02-20-2008, 09:21 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

Here is a pic i have for a lifan . Maybe Jailing is the same .

Old 02-20-2008, 09:37 PM

yamaha4l is an unknown quantity at this point

what motors are you running? how are they holding up
Old 02-20-2008, 09:38 PM

yamaha4l is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry that was for strictlystunt
Old 02-20-2008, 10:50 PM

KaaL is a decent person

well ill go out and give it another shot thanks for the info crazy D, man i just wanna get this thing runing for him, it suck ***** riding alone
Old 02-20-2008, 11:34 PM

KaaL is a decent person

THANKS CRAZY D i got it runing thanks agian
Old 02-21-2008, 12:42 AM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

No problem , just tryin to help . Good to see you got it started .
Old 02-21-2008, 06:14 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by yamaha4l
what motors are you running? how are they holding up

My dirt one's got a lifan 125, the comon one's you see on ebay all the time...

And my stunt one's got.... http://www.hooperimports.com/dept.aspx?dept_id=02 . . .the 107cc? i think. does like 45-50mph

they run awesome, and they run smooth too.

couple mile long seat standers sometimes at rev limiter, rev limiter burnouts, and i ride my 50 alllllll the time, never had one problem
Old 02-21-2008, 09:08 PM

KaaL is a decent person

so i got everything runing and it feels great, but haven some problem with the clutch cable when i pull it and let go it just stay as if i were still holding on to the lever, does anybody no what my problem is?
Old 02-23-2008, 05:08 AM
Group Moderator

try lubing the cable, or check it at the motor where your cable hooks in, might be little tight or in need of some lube

also how long is the cable, might have it bound up somewhere, dont take much with them things, the slightest curve in the cable can cause tons of pressure in that lil thing

glad to hear it's runnin good for ya
Old 02-28-2008, 10:26 PM

KaaL is a decent person

well i got the lever and clutch cable workin, and then when we try to ride her the clutch didn't work so i drained the oil and took the case off, the gears and clutch setup is not the same as the honda motors so i start foolin with it and i think the springs on the clutch are to stiff but i will try to get some pics up later tonight so u guys can see what i'm talkin about...