New bike questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 02:52 PM

Houston terrell is an unknown quantity at this point
New bike questions

Well i will be looking to buy a bike in a few months"saving for down payment" and i have been reading reviews and everything trying to get as much info on the bikes as i can. I reaaaaaally like the zx10r and thats the top on my list right now. I havent been riding for a LONG time or anything "2 years" my first bike i just sold a few months ago. a 93 yamaha 600 Turd. however i have riden a few other bikes trying to decide what i want. R6 i liked OK and was nice doing stand ups bit twitchy but still did good. I thought it did good in the corners also but i didnt feel all that comfortable in pushing it in the tight stuff. honda 600rr DID NOT like the riding position and the power just didnt seem useful at all. 954 this bike has olhins rear shock race tech fronts and several other mods. I REALLY LIKED THIS BIKE and i felt real comfortable throwing it into corners at over 130. And the power was pretty good also. Didnt do any wheelies or anything on this bike tho ecept floating the wheel under acceleration... I plan on getting a 900rr or 929 for a stunt bike so im looking for something i can hit the back roads on and will probaly be doing a good amount of highway time also. There are just SOO many bikes out there i cant even come close to deciding what i want to drop 11 grand on
i have searched and read some of the thoughts on zx10 r but that was a while back. any help is appricated thanks!
Old 08-03-2004, 03:18 PM

SuzukiJoe can only hope to improve
Re: New bike questions

My is that you should go with what bike you like. All of the bikes performance are about equal and you'll probably never reach the full potential anyhow. So go with what you like and enjoy... :YEAH
Old 08-03-2004, 06:54 PM

Yeah thats the way i look at it .. im NOT gonna get junk if i buy a new bike.. I have pretty much made up my mind to get a zx10r :YEAH
Old 08-03-2004, 08:59 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Houston terrell
Yeah thats the way i look at it .. im NOT gonna get junk if i buy a new bike.. I have pretty much made up my mind to get a zx10r :YEAH
So you asked us why
Old 08-04-2004, 12:21 AM

Just wanted to get imput... Plus i was bored and had to get ready for work lol...
Old 08-04-2004, 02:09 PM

kxrider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Houston terrell
Just wanted to get imput... Plus i was bored and had to get ready for work lol...

dude u still got my number if you get a big bike hit me up and we will throw somthin together maybe the hpd fiddy girls i mean guys will get off the fiddys for one day
Old 08-04-2004, 02:12 PM

it will be a few months still.. gonna save up money for down payment... However i wont be doing too much stuntin on it... mostly just wheelies
Old 08-08-2004, 04:45 AM

devin140 is an unknown quantity at this point

i was thinking about dropping that kinda money on a 1000RR, but i got this 954 for a whole lot less, and i love it. But yeah, i agree, get what you want, dont wanna kick yourself later
Old 08-10-2004, 02:25 AM

Evel Knievel is an unknown quantity at this point

Well bro if you get the ZX10 make sure it has the recall fixed first. They recalled all of the US models for a problem with the front wheel.

P.S it's alot of bike also i rode my buddies it does roll-ons in the first three gears no problem.

Peace,
:YEAH