Best bike in 600 class

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 05:33 PM

LVARCHRACER is an unknown quantity at this point
Best bike in 600 class

If you had to pick a bike in the 600 class what do you guys think would be the best??? My buddy is going to buy a new bike and was asking me... I told him the CBR 600RR but then again I am in favor of that bike because I ride one... What do you guys think??? He dosen't want to stunt just ride distance and knee drag....
Old 06-21-2004, 05:37 PM

Luke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Best bike in 600 class

well, for durability, wind cover, and comfort, Id go with the GSXR or 600RR. The R6's just arent comfortable for long rides. No sport bike is for that matter, anything over 2 hours, your gonna be sore. Gixxer and CBR gets my vote. Although the 600RR doesn't have as comfy seat as the gixxer.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:39 PM

coneyrider is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree but then again i ride one too so im pretty bais
Old 06-21-2004, 05:44 PM

The only problem I have ever come across with the GSXR is that to tank is so wide that i find it uncomfortable....I am 6'3" and I still find it wide. The RR has a nice size tank and I find it to be really comfortable. I agree though with the fact that the seat on the RR is hard as a rock. Is there anything or anyone who makes a better more comfortable seat for the RR???
Old 06-22-2004, 04:38 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

Damn, I'm 6 feet tall even and my Gixxer is perfect for me. I think the 600RR is about as comfortable as the rack, minus the stretching. I'd go with the Gixxer.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:22 AM

SuzukiJoe can only hope to improve

Same here, the gixxer 600 is a good bet. Course I also own one, but my buddy has an R6 and I just find it too skinny, feels like I ridin a kids scooter with lots of power... Just my though.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:10 AM

I agree with the R6's being too skinny, but most of the other bikes are so similar that it probably dosen't matter too much which one he gets. Hey guys...there are a few places in this forum that say that you have to be 18 and have a password to get in to. I am 22 and I still cant figure out what they need me to do to get in. Do you guys have any idea how to get into these locations???
Old 06-22-2004, 11:13 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

chick is the chick pics.

and the new gsxr600 has a small tank so it should be nice. i would get the kawi thought just cuz they have that little extra power. i would actually skip the 600 and go straight to a 750 cuz eventually you will want that extra power
Old 06-22-2004, 11:57 PM

-|ninjazx6r|- is an unknown quantity at this point

you guys forgot bout the kawasaki ninja zx-6r thats some good ****. im trying to choose between zx-6r and the gsxr6 i wanna stunt and ride but ride just around my area mayb couple long trips
Old 06-23-2004, 12:16 AM
Regular StuntLifer

FTPstunna is a decent person

R6 all tha way, or a Kawi 636. Ive had an R6 for 2 years now, i ride that bitch for days and dont get tired, awesome biek in my opinion, and ive ridden every other 600. R6 = 2 thumbs up
Old 06-23-2004, 08:29 AM

shawn / otis is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree everyone is going to have there own fav, yeah the seet stinks on hondas, but as far as rider position goes, i have had a chance to ride most of my friends bikes r-6, gsxr, zx, almost all the 600's and what i like about the honda is you can hunker down and race, and you can sit up and cruze, its just versatile..the r-6 offers little wind protection "looks great though sexy bike" the gsxr it just seems like your leaning over forward a little more than the others "probably becouse of the size of the tank" for a all around bike you can race, cruze and stunt if you wanna, minus the rock hard seet, the honda is hard to beat..besides the reputation of durability..you can order a more comfy saddle "doesnt look too sporty" but its alot more comfortable. just my 2 tell your friend to bite bullet and just but the zx-10 and tell us what he thinks of it....i dont wanna buy it before someone else has had a chance to gripe about it first...
Old 06-23-2004, 08:44 AM

FREESTYLEKYLE is a decent person

636! of course!
Old 06-23-2004, 09:42 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

cbr929dude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ELEVEN
636! of course!
Honda 600's are the king! Everyone knows that..
Old 06-23-2004, 12:09 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

R6's are a girls bike, plain and simple, every girl in the sportbike club here has one. It's skinny so the shorter people can ride it (girls) and the bars are closer to you for people with shorter arms (girls).

So for whoever rides an R6, you're riding a girls bike.

All though I've never ridden one I'd say get an F4i. The 600RR is too pretty to get messed up in a drop, in fact he should pick one up used since they're virtually the same except don't have the gay banana seat.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Regular StuntLifer

FTPstunna is a decent person

Originally Posted by FHL
R6's are a girls bike, plain and simple, every girl in the sportbike club here has one. It's skinny so the shorter people can ride it (girls) and the bars are closer to you for people with shorter arms (girls).

All though I've never ridden one I'd say get an F4i. The 600RR is too pretty to get messed up in a drop, in fact he should pick one up used since they're virtually the same except don't have the gay banana seat.
watch me take ur azz on my girls bike too, stuntin or race course biaaaatch R6's are pimp
Old 06-23-2004, 02:32 PM

shawn / otis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FHL

and you know this !!! f4I.. :YEAH
Old 06-23-2004, 04:04 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GoBo is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to put in my and say go with the gixxer6 i started on my boys 02 r6, and was going to get one but couldnt ended up with a 03 gsxr6 and never looked back i love my bike, the bp , it out excelerates my boys r6 , and has taken more of a beating and held together than his r6 but thats just my good luck on the choice
Old 06-24-2004, 04:40 PM

Yeah its hard to chose because all of them are so close. What about acceleration and handling between the GXSR 600 and the 600RR. Which one is suposed to be the best. He doesn't want to stunt, just ride and race around.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:43 PM

RUSH. is an unknown quantity at this point

no doubt!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

A few people have mentioned hondas durability track record when speaking of the 600RR. I work at a shop and deal with bikes on a daily basis and it seems to me that honda is starting to sacrafice durability for performance at the track (something suzuki did a long time ago). Anyone else noticed? ****.. I ride a gixxer and I have friends that ride older hondas and I am in total agreement that the older hondas are rock solid compared to the gixxers and pretty much everything else out there but I just dont know about the 600rr. It feels really cheap compared to the f4i to me. For instance, the frames are thin like the 2000 - 2003 gixxers... the 04 gixxer 6 has a beefier frame than the 600rr.. whats up with that?

On a side note, we had a guy bring in a 636 a couple weeks ago that the tossed down the road. It looped at around 80 and flipped end over end mulitple times. The bike for the most part was wasted. Both wheels were tacoed... all of the bodywork was gone and the engine case (not case covers) was busted. HOWEVER... The frame was straight as a pin. The forks were not bent and the subframe was still there and straight with a little rash on the end of it. Sounds like a stunt bike to me.

Quick Reply: Best bike in 600 class