Buell Demo Days - Cleveland, OH

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 12:27 PM

JasonS1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Buell Demo Days - Cleveland, OH

South East HD/Buell is having the Buell Factory Demo Truck out to the dealership on 5/14 and 5/15 for demo rides. They will have the new XB9R's, XB9S's, XB12R's and XB12S's available to ride. Some of you might have seen me out at the practice spot recently on the Black/Gold XB12S. They're fairly decent stunt bikes, and in my opinon, they look pretty sweet.

Show up with your motorcycle endorsement and take one of the new bikes out for a ride. No questions asked, no obligations.

They're also giving away these sweet "sling bags" for everyone who takes a demo ride. They are like backpacks that sling over your shoulder. Perfect for carrying things while you ride.

I help South East run their Buell rider's group, and just thought I'd throw this up here. The new Buell's are TOTALLY different than the older ones. I've ridden and owned both. If you guys ever wondered how the new Buell's run, this is a great chance to come out and ride one. Like I said, no questions asked, no obligations.

If you're one of those haters that loves bashing other people's bikes, here's a free chance for you to come out and ride the bikes so that you at least have a point of reference.

Reply here if anyone is planning on stopping out or if you have any questions. It'll be at South East Harley/Buell, which is on Hwy 43 in Bedford Heights. It's right off of hwy 480 and Rockside, near Randall Park Mall. Demo rides will be available most of the day Friday, and all day until 5pm on Saturday.

- Jason
Old 05-04-2004, 01:55 PM

BUSA KILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Buell Demo Days - Cleveland, OH

haha I wonder how many will blow up. F-in junk
Old 05-04-2004, 03:08 PM

Ummmm....probably none.

Buell has led the industry the past 2 years on reliability. The older bikes definetly had their problems, but they really seem to have their **** together with the new XB series.

Anyway, you're EXACTLY the hater I was referencing. Probably never rode one, but love to sit online and talking ****.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:41 PM

BUSA KILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

uh a hole I own a shop I have had them here and rode them. I have 2 more coming in that are blown up. If you ride like a ***** you want have a problem but if you run it like a real sport bike. It is going to take a ****
Old 05-04-2004, 08:57 PM

rocketjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

They are made by Hardly what do you expect. I rode with a guy that had one that thing was so loud it was annoy,n
Old 05-05-2004, 06:46 AM

Catatonic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JasonS1
Ummmm....probably none.

Buell has led the industry the past 2 years on reliability. The older bikes definetly had their problems, but they really seem to have their **** together with the new XB series.

Anyway, you're EXACTLY the hater I was referencing. Probably never rode one, but love to sit online and talking ****.
I've never ridden one But i think they are pretty cool......I personally like higher rpm motors so it wouldnt be for me.....I have to wonder about "leading the industry in reliability the last two years though"
Old 05-05-2004, 04:05 PM

The XB series of bikes, which came out 2 years ago, have led the industry in reliabilty and quality. That is just a fact. I'm sure you can verify by spending a little time searching around the internet.

I'm betting the bikes in your shop are the older bikes, which had TONS of problems. I've got a 96 S1 right now, and it's always needing something. But that's the old bikes, the new ones are totally different.

As far as being made by Harley, that is where their quality came from. It is VERY COMMON KNOWLEDGE that the Japanese manufacturers benchmarked Harley in the early 90's for the quality and employee involvement programs. I had to do a case study on it for a Quality course I took in college.

Anyways, I'm done trying to explain to a bunch of strangers why I like what I like. I love the look, sound and performance of the bike. Period. I actually think it's cool that there aren't 300 bikes that are IDENTICAL to mine at stuntfest every year. I just like riding something that's a little different than what every other ****er on the block has. I've been there, and found that it got boring.

As far as riding like a *****, I may not be the best rider out there, but I'm hitting highway wheelies and riding out 100+ foot stoppies on my old '96 S1. Works for me.

I also have an '02 R1 in my garage, and have owned several other Japanese sportbikes, so I DO HAVE a good reference point to compare the Buells to.

Damn haters.....I just will never understand what motivates people to come online and bitch and degrade other peoples opinions and choices. I guess some people are just born ********.

Peace.

- Jason
Old 05-05-2004, 06:39 PM

20dub is an unknown quantity at this point

ha ha.they just had one of those demo days at the local home depot[neptune n.j.] so me and a couple of my boys went and wheelied the **** of them things and got kicked out.the buell reps were pretty mad but what else was i suppose to do? damn right.they rode pretty nice though.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:27 PM

03silvers is an unknown quantity at this point

thats what i wanted to hear...someone going out and rocking some wheelies on em...they cant be that bad....its a brand new bike, i like the styling i just dont liek twins