micron exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 12:18 AM

dream728 is an unknown quantity at this point
micron exhaust

i have a 03 yzf 600 bone stock, i like D&D and 2bros for the sheer loudness of the pipe, i love loud pipes, loud pipes also save lives! but at the same time i like micron exhaust for the looks! My bike is silver and black and i love the silver and black micron exhaust can but i was wondering how does micron sound compare to yoshi, d&d, and 2 bros and for as loudness????????
Old 04-14-2004, 01:56 AM

xraycatj is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: micron exhaust

loud pipes save lives?
Old 04-14-2004, 01:59 AM

xraycatj is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: According to the Hurt report is was determined that 77% of motorcycle accident hazards come from in front of the rider, while only 3% approach from the rear. What's interesting here is that motorcycle pipes direct the vast majority of sound backwards where the least danger is, so for loud pipes to be truly effective safety measures they would need to be pointed forward where the greatest danger lies. That doesn't do much to support the proposition that loud pipes are a safely factor. The other serious problem I have with this supposition is that it is, at best, a secondary safety measure, not a primary or proactive measure. Assuming that the other driver will act with caution once you have identified your presence by the sound of your bike roaring up from behind is foolhardy at best. That's like assuming that if you were to wear a bright yellow safety vest, or full riding gear, you can relax because now you're protected! Lets face it, the best protection you have is that 3 pounds of grey matter between your ears, that and a constant awareness of your surrounding, and acting on the supposition that the rest of the motorists in the world are all idiots and its up to you and you alone to ensure your safety on the road. Relying on the other guy to act reasonably or safely just because you're making more noise than those around you is just asking for trouble!

I just like 'em cuz they sound good.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:29 AM

orionVTR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dream728
i have a 03 yzf 600 bone stock, i like D&D and 2bros for the sheer loudness of the pipe, i love loud pipes, loud pipes also save lives! but at the same time i like micron exhaust for the looks! My bike is silver and black and i love the silver and black micron exhaust can but i was wondering how does micron sound compare to yoshi, d&d, and 2 bros and for as loudness????????
well all cynicism aside, in my experience micron makes a good pipe. thats what i run on my superhawk, and i love the sound. my friend has the same bike with d&ds and its a totally different sound. d&d is real loud, but i understand they dont do too much for power. yosh isnt real loud at all but they are supposed to be pretty good as far as power. i actually havent heard too many 2 bros setups, but i know theyre a good pipe. it all really boils down to what you like as far as appearance i guess. the oval microns look bada$$. i prefer carbon fiber.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:12 AM
I Love To Post!

ChoCha is a decent person

I have a micron high mount on my f4I and love it.. I get alot of comliments on the looks and the sound.. Its an all around well balanced sound. Not too high, not too deep.. If you want high and whiney, hit up a D&D. If you want a deeper tone, go with a 2 bros.. If you want something in between thats a little more crisp sounding go with the micron. The high mount sounds a little different from the normal slip on which I had prior to this and then upgraded on an insurance claim.. Just my .. You can see what the highmounts look like on a F4i in my gallery if you are interested.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:37 AM

dream728 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xraycatj
Quote: According to the Hurt report is was determined that 77% of motorcycle accident hazards come from in front of the rider, while only 3% approach from the rear. What's interesting here is that motorcycle pipes direct the vast majority of sound backwards where the least danger is, so for loud pipes to be truly effective safety measures they would need to be pointed forward where the greatest danger lies. That doesn't do much to support the proposition that loud pipes are a safely factor. The other serious problem I have with this supposition is that it is, at best, a secondary safety measure, not a primary or proactive measure. Assuming that the other driver will act with caution once you have identified your presence by the sound of your bike roaring up from behind is foolhardy at best. That's like assuming that if you were to wear a bright yellow safety vest, or full riding gear, you can relax because now you're protected! Lets face it, the best protection you have is that 3 pounds of grey matter between your ears, that and a constant awareness of your surrounding, and acting on the supposition that the rest of the motorists in the world are all idiots and its up to you and you alone to ensure your safety on the road. Relying on the other guy to act reasonably or safely just because you're making more noise than those around you is just asking for trouble!

I just like 'em cuz they sound good.

not a shot at you, but i can give less than 2 ***** about a damn survey, i know from driving in my car that a loud pipe makes me aware of a bike that i might not see otherwise, plus they sound cool