Reed Races to Eighth Win at Edward Jones Dome

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 09:41 PM

K-Style Kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Reed Races to Eighth Win at Edward Jones Dome

Reed Races to Eighth Win in Front of 49,025 at Edward Jones Dome

Stewart Clinches First Ever THQ AMA Eastern Regional Supercross Series Championship

ST. LOUIS (March 13, 2004) - Yamaha’s Chad Reed, of Dade City, Fla., won his eighth THQ World Supercross GP/THQ AMA Supercross Series race at Edward Jones Dome before 49,025 fans. Kawasaki’s James Stewart, of Haines City, Fla., clinched his first THQ AMA 125cc Eastern Regional Supercross Series championship with two east coast races remaining.

In the 250cc main event, Honda’s Nathan Ramsey, of Menifee, Calif., earned the $1,500 Holeshot Award with KTM’s Grant Langston, of Temecula, Calif., and Suzuki’s Travis Pastrana, of Davidsonville, Md., following in second and third respectively. Points leader Reed started seventh and capitalized on some mistakes. Following the second turn of the race Langston and Pastrana crashed in separate places, allowing Ramsey to move into the lead. Langston continued racing and Pastrana did not finish.

On lap four Windham moved into second and Reed moved into the lead. Reed held on for the victory. Windham was second and Ramsey third.

“I rode smart out there tonight,” said Reed. “I didn’t have the best start, but I came through the pack and was able to avoid the trouble in the early part of the race. I want to continue racing like this; I am having a great season.”

Winning the $1,000 Butterfinger Holeshot Award, Stewart, 18, led all 15 laps of the main event en route to his fifth consecutive victory. Stewart became only the second rider in history to win both the THQ AMA 125cc Eastern and Western Regional Supercross Series championships (Ernesto Fonseca won the Eastern Regional championship in 1999 and the Western regional championship in 2001.)

Through turn one, Yamaha’s Josh Hansen, of Elbert, Colo., followed closely along with Stewart’s teammate Paul Carpenter, of Ithaca, N.Y. Carpenter chased Hansen for the entire race but never made the pass.

“This was a good race for me because it’s the first time I won the holeshot,” said Stewart. “It’s great to get a good start; it makes for a clean race. I am getting ready for the East/West shootout in Las Vegas and then preparing for the 250cc class next year.”
Old 03-17-2004, 04:05 AM

Brian~11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Reed Races to Eighth Win at Edward Jones Dome

Too bad R.C. isn't around this year. Pastrana is hurt again!!!!

Next year will be good. R.C., Windham, B.Stewart, Pastrana,Reed all on 250