Stator or pick up coil cover?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 07:34 PM

D.M.A. is an unknown quantity at this point
Stator or pick up coil cover?

I recently wrecked my 99 900rr and broke the cover on the right side wich i thought was called the stator cover. Its the one in front of the clutch cover. Well to make a long story short I patched up the cover with some magnum steel and now my bike doesnt fire.I Changed the plugs checked the coils and wires and still no fire . Any got some useful info cause my piece is pissing me off. Thanks
Old 02-13-2004, 12:08 AM

felonyfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stator or pick up coil cover?

im lost, i own a 929 and the left side is the stator and the right side is the clutch, i think every bike is like that, the stator side should have a stator which is round and has wires wraped all around it bolted to the cover and that fits in the flywheel which looks like a silvver bowl thats comin out of you engine. if you saw none of this its your clutch cover, ill check my extra in the garage
Old 02-13-2004, 12:11 AM

felonyfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

mine has wires goin to the inside of the cover and into a little black box, id check that and see if your wires didnt get nocked off. this is based on a 929 though, im pretty sure yours would be the same though, good luck
Old 02-13-2004, 01:45 PM

Shorgasm is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on guys.that's the rotor cover on the right in front of the clutch housing.Your timing advancer is in there!
Stator is your charger...it's on the left side.
Anyways..you need to inspect those little wires,I think there should be three of them.They tell the coils when to fire via the ECU box.This housing does hold a small amount of oil when the bike is running.The rotor spins around and makes contact with the "little black box".Changing the position of this rotor will affect timing.If you have a adjustable one then it may have moved.If you removed it then it may not be on in the right position.I find that hard to beleive but strange animals I have seen.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:56 PM

D.M.A. is an unknown quantity at this point

Then it is the rotor cover i broke. But i checked all the wires and there all there. none of them are stripped they all look fine. I s there any that should be attached to that little sprocket besides the chain?