Got ideas? Got a ticket for wheelies today.........................

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 07:53 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down Got ideas? Got a ticket for wheelies today.........................

OK here's the low down. I am just beating around and passing the dorm parking lots. I hit the gas and do a small wheelie. About a little less than a foot high. I go to the stop sign and head toward the main street. I stand up and do another wheelie about 1ft high. I head on the main street and was bum rushed by 7 cop cars. Just following behind me and popping out in streets ahead. I just pull over as I didn't know what they saw or how much. He says let me see you insurance and license. I am grabbing it and said what did I do officer with a stupid look on my face. He says, "uhhh the wheelies, yeah, license and insurance" So, then a bicycle cop comes up and starts writing a ticket.

The officers tells me " Get your hands out your pocket" I was like "oops." He says I know its cold out here (I outta state right now) but you need to get some leathers. I says they are really expensive he says" I know I've checked. I asked "do you ride"....He says I am about to buy an R1....I was like man then you feel my pain here. You can relate. He smiles and is like well its up to her.

I ask her if I can get a warning but she's like "why, you were doing wheelies."

I said "well I wasn't trying to. What I did was adjust my cam chain and re-did the throttle cables with a new brand and they grab harder for some reason. I said when I went to leave it just made the throttle alot more sensitive and made it come up a little bit. Then as I was headnig to the main street I stood up to make it safer when I test the throttle as it would flip if it got stuck and if I was sitting down"

She's like" Well, your going to have to tell the judge and see. You may get a nice judge, you may get a judge that is mean. It all depends.

I said are you going to show up too.

She says yes.

I say are you just going to tell him that I pulled little wheelies and that's what you saw. Shes like" Yeah b/c that's what you did and you just say your side of the story why it did what it did"

I was like what is the ticket for. She says" I am putting it for 'operating a motor vehicle in a mannernot reasonable or proper'."

I said" Is that bad?"

She says "well, it could be alot worse. I could have given you a ticket for Reckless Driving (first offense only) for $375.00...........The ticket I am giving you is for $162.00....."

I say " How many points is that"

She says " I don't know you just have to see the judge. We are really lienient for the students here. If this were city police dept. You would have your bike towed and things get worse from there.... "

I say "... sorry....."

And leave. If i am nice maybe she won't be so bad when she sees the judge. So, any ideas for me to beat this ticket?

I can't have any more points on my record. I already have too many plus with this dumb girl in her mustang now I have an accident too. I need your tips and tricks if you have any....Or what things you have tried. It may spark a new idea with someone elses suggestion.....

LATER
Old 10-25-2003, 09:15 PM

fmxrider4life69 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn nothing for that situation, but others could be yes your honor i did a wheelie on the hiway but it was like this a van cut into my lane and i just got on the throttle to get out of the was fast and it came up, it was an acident for i do not stunt motorcycles for it is dangerous i was just thinking my life was in geopordy and wanted to get out of the way fast and the bike came up on me.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:27 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
Hmmmmm.

Maybe I could still use that but in the effect of the "work" I had done to the bike and I wanted it to be safe as possible but then I check to make sure and decided to stand up as it would make it safer and it came up a bit. This way by standing up it made it from flipping.....

How does that sound?
Old 10-25-2003, 10:00 PM

fmxrider4life69 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think it sounds good, but right now everything is sounding good to me
Old 10-25-2003, 10:02 PM

ENASNI TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
lawyer, thats the only thing thats going to help you. Especially with all the bad press the bike community has been getting lately.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:52 AM
Regular StuntLifer

lsr740seditz is an unknown quantity at this point
laywer judges dona wanna here any crap they dont liek anythign on 2 wheels anyways where i live ur getting the max fine if ur on 2

FTP