Suzuki TRE/Resistor Mod.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 12:40 AM

Synged1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Suzuki TRE/Resistor Mod.

Has anyone done the resistor mod to their bike or used a TRE? I know if you do the resistor mod. I've been told that you need to make sure the TPS is properly adjusted, Do you need to do the same if you use the TRE? Is there any adverse effect if the TPS isn't properly adjusted?
Old 11-02-2002, 02:10 PM
Regular StuntLifer

skinny is an unknown quantity at this point
I made my own out of the resistors and I personally didn't care for it . It was worse for stuntin it made the throttle very twitchy. It didn't really help at the dragstrip either because if you think about it how often are you under 5000 rpm.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:19 PM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

SCoast AStar13 is an unknown quantity at this point
TRe

If money isn't really an issue you can get an ATRE it's fully adjustable and doesn't affect neutral like the resistor mode has been known to do. You can get it from motorcycle radar for around $100. I have one and I like it a lot you can choose which maps to which gears. It improved the twichiness I had prior to doing the mod as far as stunting goes my bike comes up a lot faster now and there is a lot more control when doing power-ups.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:26 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by skinny
I made my own out of the resistors and I personally didn't care for it . It was worse for stuntin it made the throttle very twitchy. It didn't really help at the dragstrip either because if you think about it how often are you under 5000 rpm.
The TRE is supposed to smooth it out.. Not make it more twitchy. I have Ivan's TRE and I didnt feel a bit of difference at all
Old 11-08-2002, 05:44 AM
Stunt.ca

Fiks is an unknown quantity at this point
switchable tre

I have the switchable TRE from bluegauges.com (14$) it took me ~30 min to install

I didn't feel a big difference, but I didn't checked the TPS, so maybe that's why...
It did make a big difference on my friends 750 '98 though (and he didn't checked the TPS).
Old 11-21-2002, 01:57 AM
Regular StuntLifer

metal doc is an unknown quantity at this point
tre

I got my switchable one from YELLOW FEVER over on gixxer.com.
It did smooth out the twitchy low speed throttle problem , but I did not feel any big power gain. I have a 98 750 .