duplicolor metal cast, HELP ME! lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 01:17 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
duplicolor metal cast, HELP ME! lol

I'm thinking about stripping my f4i down and hitting the frame/wheels/swinger/forks/engine with duplicolor metal cast..

Question is, what should I prep the metal with for the metal cast? DO I need to use duplicolors base coat? Or is white or even silver paint fine?

Wanting to stay cheap, would rather get some cheap white or cheap silver paint instead of buying the duplicolor base coat..
Old 12-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future
Re: duplicolor metal cast, HELP ME! lol

prime with METALCAST™ Ground Coat, then follow up with a METALCAST™ Color.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mofat01
prime with METALCAST™ Ground Coat, then follow up with a METALCAST™ Color.
you sound like a damn sales man, trade marked and all

I'm just wondering if their base coat is anything special, or if its just silver spray paint.. Since I can get silver for $1 a can!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:52 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Towlieee

I'm just wondering if their base coat is anything special, or if its just silver spray paint.. Since I can get silver for $1 a can!
when it comes to paint, the have include directions for a reason. why take the chance of being cheap and combining two different types of paint, that will most likely **** your **** up (which you will have to end up stripping off), when you can just spend the money up front and get it done right the first time.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:56 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm thinking about stripping my f4i down and hitting the frame/wheels/swinger/forks/engine with duplicolor metal cast..

Question is, what should I prep the metal with for the metal cast? DO I need to use duplicolors base coat? Or is white or even silver paint fine?

Wanting to stay cheap, would rather get some cheap white or cheap silver paint instead of buying the duplicolor base coat..
use the ground coat...
i had my rim sand blasted then i hit it with a light coat of dark grey primer,then metal cast ground coat followed by the red...and wam........Name:  DSCF3902.jpg
Views: 1749
Size:  214.3 KB
Old 12-31-2008, 08:59 PM

heres my old paint job.. Name:  DSCN3467.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  67.7 KB
Old 12-31-2008, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by havok
use the ground coat...
i had my rim sand blasted then i hit it with a light coat of dark grey primer,then metal cast ground coat followed by the red...and wam........
your bike is specifically why I'm thinking about using the metal cast

I'm just really broke right now, haven't worked in 3 months since I broke my foot, and 2 weeks BEFORE I broke my foot I put my bike down at 55 with no cage so my plastics are FUCKED

I was trying to do a under $100 paintjob including EVERYTHING.. Was gonna try to bomb my frame with silver or white and hit it with the metal cast, then just bomb my plastics with $1 a can white

btw heres my last 2 paint jobs, both used $1 a can white from walmart, and $1 a can clearcoat! But the green was 'grabber green' $5.99 engine enamel, and the blue was some $6 **** also (forgot the brand)

Old 12-31-2008, 10:10 PM

if your going to do your frame and swingarm...use a good wax and grease remover.(not goof off or goo gone) and clean it good,
then use a red scotch brite pad to knock down the shine of the frame...
wipe clean with a rag with half water/half wax & grease remover,make sure its rung out,you only want the rag damp....
then, just to be safe you can use duplicolor adhesion promoter,just to make the paint stick nice...
use the base coat ..

heres what i did with the base coat and the duplicolor high performance clear wheel coating....and some airbrushing in black....
Name:  DSCF5268.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  298.7 KBName:  DSCF5278.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  263.5 KB
Old 12-31-2008, 10:13 PM

custom bike i did for my bro...

all rattle can...

Name:  DSCF5281.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  233.1 KB
Old 12-31-2008, 10:31 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

what?? you didn't want to ask your old buddy Jason?? LOL I am king of the spray bomb! LOL

I used the scotch brite pads and then wiped it down with denatured alchohol. clean and dust free is the way to do it, and I'd use the primer that they suggest too.
OR... just use the paint I did and then just clearcoat the **** outta it and you'll be fine...

Also....When I go do dillen's parents rental house.. and if your'e not busy... you'll work again.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:48 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

i did metalcast base coat and duplicolor metalcast blue on my rims. i recommend u follow the instructions. they came out nicely. this is them without a clear coat
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	06-07-08_1900.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	218740  
Old 01-01-2009, 01:32 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

btw heres my last 2 paint jobs, both used $1 a can white from walmart, and $1 a can clearcoat! But the green was 'grabber green' $5.99 engine enamel, and the blue was some $6 **** also (forgot the brand)
dont waste your time with rattle can clear, its garbage unless you buy the expensive **** ($20 a can), which in your case doesnt sound like its going to happen.

when i was younger, i painted the pipe on my 1995 KX125 grabber green, everybody at the track talked **** to me the first time they saw it. then the same people later asked me what paint i used, needless to say, i didnt tell them.

Originally Posted by Trachito
i did metalcast base coat and duplicolor metalcast blue on my rims. i recommend u follow the instructions. they came out nicely. this is them without a clear coat
they are there for a reason, although usually i dont follow them, when it comes to paint, i try to follow them to a "T."
Old 01-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

I just copied it from their website