What Knee/Shin Pads u guys using?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 04:06 PM

sffz6 is a decent person
Re: What Knee/Shin Pads u guys using?

I Ordered the EVS Glider Lites through a local dealer so i can try e'm on first. Not quite sure if i need a Med or a large..So he's ordering both
Old 03-07-2008, 06:10 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

anyone ever try out these before.... they have a size tall for anyone over 6' so they are longer... I wonder if that means looser fit too??

Name:  2008_Troy_Lee_Designs_Combat_Guards.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  52.4 KB

And I kind of want knee pads Dan so I can wear shorts and ride in the summer... That sucks to hear that they always slide down....thanks for the heads up.

Good spot for a sponsor plug too... I like their knee pads too. Have you tried the A-stars bionic ones that are red and black?? Those look like they'd never slide down. Just a little expensive and bulky for me....

And although those pants are pretty cool....unless they are less than $60. it would be impractical cuz I'd have to buy like 3 or 4 pairs so I wouldn't wear the same pants every time I ride....
Apples to oranges, but I like them better than the LBZ pants used to be.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:35 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

[quote=CRAZY DAN;3192845]most knee / shin gards suck for stunting. they all slide down when your legs get sweaty.
The EVS Glider Lites don't. It's actually kind of amazing.....they don't move at all, sweaty or not. I would imagine the Glider w/ the plastic cup is the same deal. I'm not sure why they stay in place so well, but they do! Alpinestars is good stuff, Dan......but there are other companies that make great products too!(Gotta support the sponsor, I understand...lol)
Old 03-09-2008, 04:17 AM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

icons slide, I just ordered some 661 4x4, hope these are better!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 05:36 AM

PeaTearGriffin is a decent person

icon leg armor are good for those with smaller calves. mine are about 17.5" around and one of the velcros is crapping out on me. i still think they are great armor but sits too low on the knee cap. seems to offer best protection for the shins and lower knee. i still recommend it for the chicken leg folks
Old 03-09-2008, 09:42 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I guess I'll be the skinny italian swine, or how you say....Guniea pig... lol on the TLD ones then....
The top velcro above the knee looks like it will be good to hold them in place, because it looks like it wraps all the way around instead of connecting in the back.. probably go around twice on my leg, but still!

And they're cheaper than the Icons... Those sixsixone's and some of those other ones, I don't know but they look pretty soft to me?
I want hard plastic or something on the outside.... not sewn inside fabric or something...