Anybody had to deal with Scotts??

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 12:52 AM

-Eric- is an unknown quantity at this point
Anybody had to deal with Scotts??

i just got my mounting kit for my 929 and put my Scotts stabilizer on it after it was on my totaled f4i, and the damn thing is busted. The shear pin that goes though the post on the bottom of the stabilizer is sheared into three pieces. I know if i send it to them they will fix it, but has anyone had to deal with their customer service?? any advice, besides sending it next day(i really want it on my bike, not in a box)?

thanks
eric
Old 05-29-2003, 09:27 AM

slinky750 is a decent person
Re: Anybody had to deal with Scotts??

Originally posted by F4iEric
i just got my mounting kit for my 929 and put my Scotts stabilizer on it after it was on my totaled f4i, and the damn thing is busted. The shear pin that goes though the post on the bottom of the stabilizer is sheared into three pieces. I know if i send it to them they will fix it, but has anyone had to deal with their customer service?? any advice, besides sending it next day(i really want it on my bike, not in a box)?

thanks
eric
my friend has dealt with them a couple times....once for the set screws falling out cause we neglected to use loctite...they sent him a whole set plus extras for nothin...and then he had a problem where a part started to rust so they sent him a new one of those..i would say from what i've seen with his experience that they are pretty good to deal with.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:16 PM

Brian425 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just call them up. Scotts treats their customers great. It's worth the money to buy their stuff. I have used their stuff for years and I have always been happy.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:50 PM

-Eric- is an unknown quantity at this point
yea they said that its $30 to start for a rebuild, then parts are on top of that. they were cool on the phone, but one of my friends told me i took a month and a half to get his back.

now i have the mounting kit but no stabilizer
Old 05-30-2003, 06:50 PM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Scotts

I had to get my Scotts fixed , it took about two weeks turn around. They did a great job too.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:35 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

RR_Rick is a decent person
I heard there pretty good to deal with! Just be damn glad you dont have to deal with Shinndy (Daytona) Comp.
those bastards are stupid! They sent me the wrong directions And I dont meen for the wrong bike directions .......the directions was for my bike but the messurements were WAY off....and If I did what they say in the directions I would have bent the rod!
I called them,and I dont usually have a problem with anyone no matter what nationality they are BUT those Jap bastards I said
"I cant understand you",do you have anyone that speeks english,and all he could say is "900 dolla" MEANING CBR 900.

anyway I fingered it out with no thanks to them ,
"SCOTTS" the way to go!!!
you'll be set dealing with them,sorry for all the bitchen but I was having flash backs!