rider got 45-year sentence

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:51 PM

EvanfromNW is a decent person
Re: rider got 45-year sentence

i think he deserves jail time. but sure as hell not 45 years. the officer lost control of his own car
Old 07-08-2007, 01:05 PM

adr3naline fix is an unknown quantity at this point

**** the bike theif

but major props for turning himself in
Old 07-08-2007, 01:14 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
Frankie...first off, WHATS WITH THE CAPS?!!?!

no one here is saying that the biker did the right thing by running from the cop, or stealing the bike

but

the fact that the cop crashed had nothing to do with him and he should NOT have been charged for friggin MURDER!...possible causes could have bin

1. the cop didn't slow down at the intersection and look both ways before crossing, like most other cops/ambulances do...he prolly just wanted to catch that dude & tackle him to the ground

2. he wasn't experienced enough to control the vehicle at those speeds

3. the trucker came outta nowhere. not everyone can hear that siren or see the lights. especially if ur bumpin music or just comin out of a corner.

so like everyone else said.

the biker should go to jail for
1. running
and
2. stealing a bike

but WTF, chargin him with murder is just ridiculous!
What's Up Dirty? Plus I realize you are from the ultra liberal california...LOL so the Mid West Conserveative Oaklohama......and CA are drastic differences....!!!But

1. Caps....is usually me being lazy, not feeling like making the proper punctuations and capitalizations in my writing.

2. Yes, He should, Just because he didn't cause the crash directly, his actions which initiated this entire incident as a whole indirectly caused the crash...hence the 2nd degree murder charge....which states something like:

-When committed by a person engaged in the perpetration of, or in the attempt to perpetrate, any: unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree and constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in....

(b) Drives at high speed, or in any manner which demonstrates a wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property, and causes serious bodily injury or death to another person, including any law enforcement officer involved in pursuing or otherwise attempting to effect a stop of the person's vehicle, commits a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s.

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the court shall sentence any person convicted of committing the offense described in this paragraph to a mandatory minimum sentence of 5 years imprisonment. Nothing in this paragraph shall prevent a court from imposing a greater sentence of incarceration as authorized by law.

3. Your comments about the cop's driving, the crash and his experience are totally improper and have no factual basis for your opinion....and read alittle about thecop before you make a statememt...
- A 10 year Sgt...likely has more experience and training than most people in their driving.....
- The truck driver who directly caused the crash is wrong and will likely face some charges....

4. Understand the charge of Murder and all of it's degrees....Hence 2nd degree and each crime has a minium and maxium penalty so.....45 years is steep and unfortunate for the criminal but the Law has different terms in different states....OK wants to call/classify this crime as Murder 2nd Degree...Thats how the state works....and Most states are identical...In Florida there are many different terms used for these type of offenses but All the Penalty's for crimes are very clear....I added up the penalty's here in Fl and he would have received between 30 and 35 years here...serving 85% in Prison!!!!!

The Law sucks at times and we all may not realize the potential consequenses of our actions but mabee we all learn something.....and think twice before going high speed......

Last edited by FrankieG; 07-08-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:13 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

frankie, first off, all those things i listed were "possibilities", i never said that the cop didn't know how to drive, i said that those could've been other possibilities. and unless the trucker ran a red light, it was sort of the officer's fault as well, i'm sure that at police academy, they teach you to look both ways before crossing an intersection goin a 100mph.

you can't expect everyone to see/hear you with ur seirens/lights on....just like you can't expect everyone to see u when you're lane splittin on ur bike!

now let me ask you a simple question...

honestly, do you OR do you not think that this guy should spend 45 years in prison?

Last edited by DirtyToes; 07-08-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:38 PM
street killa

BOB WITTMAN will become famous soon enough

that sucks but if the rider died cause he was being chased the cop wouldnt have went to jail!!!

lesson learned............ dont turn yourself in!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:46 PM
street killa

BOB WITTMAN will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by alevelcs
i cant believe anyone would defend the piece of crap that stole the bike and caused someone to die

i didnt read anywhere that said the rider actuaully stole the bike??
he should have never purseud..
in pa there is a 88mph ending! they are supposed to stop.. it takes away the thrill.... everyone has there own opinion!!
Old 07-09-2007, 12:37 AM

adr3naline fix is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BOB WITTMAN
in pa there is a 88mph ending! they are supposed to stop..
ya lucky bastard. its like 115 or 119mph here. (or so I heard)

Not like that really makes a differance but it IS another gear.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:28 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
frankie, first off, all those things i listed were "possibilities", i never said that the cop didn't know how to drive, i said that those could've been other possibilities. and unless the trucker ran a red light, it was sort of the officer's fault as well, i'm sure that at police academy, they teach you to look both ways before crossing an intersection goin a 100mph.

you can't expect everyone to see/hear you with ur seirens/lights on....just like you can't expect everyone to see u when you're lane splittin on ur bike!

now let me ask you a simple question...

honestly, do you OR do you not think that this guy should spend 45 years in prison?
Here is a paragraph from the news on the incident!!!

Yes the Trucker did run a red light!!!!

"A witness said the pickup drove through a red light before the crash, and left the scene after the accident, according to Lt. Nathan Pyle. The driver of the pickup was later located by police and is cooperating in the investigation. His identity was not released and police said a decision has not been made on whether he'll face charges."

45 yrs is a lot, but like I stated before he would have received 30+ years in FL! So either way the best part of his life is over!
Old 07-09-2007, 09:24 AM

Corny is an unknown quantity at this point

45-50 years for stealing a motorcycle.

Would lower insurance premiums. R.I.P to the officer.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:58 AM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Who go's threw an intersection at 108mph?

And if the truck didn't run the red light he wouldn't have had to swerve and crash.
He committed a traffic violation and cause of that the cop died? Do's that not bring charges?

But i kind of understand but not really the committing the felony and fleeing causing someones death charge.

And i do remember the cop dieing here in fl chasing the bike. I drove by the wreck on my way to lakeland to ride that day from jacksonville.I was like holy ****. Didn't know what it was till i got home and saw it on stuntlife.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:40 AM

alevelcs is a decent person

Originally Posted by BOB WITTMAN
i didnt read anywhere that said the rider actuaully stole the bike??
he should have never purseud..
in pa there is a 88mph ending! they are supposed to stop.. it takes away the thrill.... everyone has there own opinion!!

had a much longer reply typed out and my comp locked up

all ill really say is that u have to be kidding me........ if he didnt steal it he bought it stolen ...... and if he didnt know it was stolen when he bought it...... well...... hes a moron and probably should be "naturally selected" ..... be realistic here............ and guess what...... not all states have no chase laws....... the cop was doing his job and it cost him his life..... the moron on the bike made a decision to commit a felony ........ any crime committed during the act of a felony crime is charged as intent to commit...... its called transfered intent and its a good law....... he had full intent to run and try to get away........ he had full intent to ride a stolen bike (and probably stole it) ....... when he made those decisions with intent he caused a man to die......... transferring the intent to the death of the officer. nevermind the fact that he should be charged with at minimum reckless endangerment for putting the passenger at risk.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:58 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

well anyway about ti's a bad deal
Old 07-09-2007, 01:27 PM

f4idad is an unknown quantity at this point

everyone has there own opinion here so i guess i can add mine
the kid on the bike should get involuntary manslughter for being the cause of the chase that killed the cop
and the truck driver should get 2nd degree manslaughter for running a red light and being the direct cause of the accident that took the cops life
Old 07-09-2007, 06:22 PM

crowspeed07 is a decent person

He has 45 years to sit thier thinking why did i turn myself in?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:11 PM

BonZipper is a decent person

Im trying to look at this from both sides, but its hard because I think a lot of us already have a negative bias towards the police, myself included.

I truly believe most cops are ********, and I would be willing to bet that this cop was probably going out of his way to be the "hero" and take down, in his mind, this insane motorcycle theif. And well, this thinking ended up causing him to get himself killed. He is a dumbass.

But...

To try and defend the long sentencing, the guy was on a stolen motorcycle and he did try to run. He is a moron and now he's facing the consequences. If you don't want to risk going to jail, don't ride a stolen motorcycle. Its as simple as that. An earlier post said the guy has had previous trouble with the law. So, maybe he shouldn't be on the streets because he's going to continue this same behavior. Who knows? But one things for sure, both of their lives are over.

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:05 PM

mxracer95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bad deal. All this does is further prove police are infallible and blameless for anything that happens. It further separates them from the citizens and raises them to status of Kings or Emperors. It makes citizens further fear police and less likely to cooperate with them. It creates greater animosity between citizens and police.

I don't see how justice has been served. The world is not safer because this rider is off the streets. However, I would argue that the world is safer without this careless, selfish, reckless, trigger-happy cop on the streets.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:20 PM

pgpaintballer77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DerekMey
Dude i kinda disagree, that's like hitting a homerun and smoking a grandma and killing her......The biker had no intentions of hurting/killing anyone.....i agree to put his *** in jail, but this is rediculous to waste his life to for something nearly ALL of us have done....it's straight up
totally agree with you
Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 AM

poorkid is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't like bike theifs and cops are *** holes but do their job for the most part. 45 years is unjust. The biker shouldn't have stolen a bike and ran, the truck driver should have been paying attention. The cop should have been more cautious (I think the cop was also being wreckless) everyone loses bad deal
Old 07-10-2007, 01:19 AM

Bibo is infamous around these parts

45 years is crazy. Thats bullshitt
Old 07-10-2007, 01:41 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

Who do you all call when your bike get stolen???? HMMMMM!!! After we post it on stunt life and every other forum...the POLICE ARE CALLED!! And you HOPE to god they find it if you don't have insurance...like in FL it's not required....

When they find your bike their great We thank them up and down!!!!!! >>>But Here is a situation where I hate Bike Thieves 10X more than any ******* cop!

I for one want that ******* COP trying to apprehend the bike theif (Trying 100%) and get my shizzle back....Then when the ******* is arrested we all know him and his circle of friends who!!!! Are likely stealing more and more parts and bikes!

ALEVELCS GOOD WORDS!!!

Last edited by FrankieG; 07-10-2007 at 01:46 AM.

Quick Reply: rider got 45-year sentence