Any ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 11:04 PM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person
Lightbulb Any ideas??

So, the kid i talked about in the "Tales of the Imfamous Posers and Squids" thread that had the shitty gixxer, and ninja is getting fried by our command for him bighting that one guy, and long story short, hes losing 1600 of his pay, and hes already in debt because of him being a finachal and common moron. He originally wanted like 3 grand for this bike (clean title, but bad low end on the tranny), but i annoyed the **** out of him on duty and gave him 175 cash, title in hand, only has 5000 miles, 96 ninja ex500. I found all the internals for the tranny of ebay, preatty good condition for 35 dollars shipped too

Anyways, I know everyone on here will say this bike sucks, its ugly, its gay, and blah blah, but it's for my wife. She's been wantin a bike forever, but just something to learn on, and we she didnt want to spend a **** load on it, so i suprised her with this. I agree with anyone who says this bike is hideous, but i'm posting this to see if anyone has any ideas to make it a LITTLE better cause i think with our creativity, and my buddys fiberglass skills we could make it a bit better. Lemmie know if anyones got any ideas or tips. Pics too if ya got em
(helpful ones.. not drive it off a cliff) i took the ferrings of and it acually looked likew a decent SF could form from it..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bikes.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	191479  
Old 04-03-2007, 11:49 AM

Re: Any ideas??

No one huh.... Well, the bike is in peices right now, being painted, motors being fixed and cleaned, and the trannys been redone.

As far as cosmetics, its gonna be kinda a SF... a modified 929 front ferring is goin on it... its gonna be sick for a ghetto *** ninja...
Old 04-03-2007, 11:55 AM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point

show pics now without fairings

those fairings are for fat kids
Old 04-03-2007, 11:59 AM

lol yea they are. I'll post pics up tonight. I just finished painting the tank and the middle ferrings. Were making brackets to mount the 929 front and shaving it down a bit, and then cutting the huge ninja sides, and heat gunnin it a little to fit it in smoothly. Gonna be some work, but i think itll be cool for my wifes first bike. Gonna be black and pink with some silver accents here and there.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:00 PM

i called her a kane wanna be, but she didnt understand. Does anyone know where i can get an after market triple tree for this beast? they way the bars are, they have the riser, and the bars go through the raised tube, kinda like running DB bars on a street bike, just they sit super high like a dirt bike. We were gonna shave it down some, but after examining the TT, someone welded one of the stock bars to the riser. ...did that make sence? But we wanna lower the bars a bit anyway, cause my wifes a shorty and she wants a little more of a forward posture.

Last edited by -GoBLIN-; 04-03-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:23 PM

IHaveKrabs is a decent person

ask kelm hes a 250 master
Old 04-03-2007, 03:41 PM

So i was looking online to see if anyone had ever put pics up similar to what im trying to do on this thing... and the title says this is a 96 Ex500, but the ex500 has more rounded headlight, and the side flare out a little more. This LOOKS like a 250... hmm.. i think the 500 has 4 spark plugs as well, and im preatty sure this beast has 2. False title..?

and this http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/TARGA_FORM..._UNPAINTED.htm is for a 500 and it has the square headlight again...
Old 04-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

You paid a $175 for that ninja?
Old 04-03-2007, 03:50 PM

Yes sir. Since i got married, i had been putting little bits of money here and there to get her a bike, without her noticing the money going nowhere, and without spending it. So i had 500 to blow, and i just happen to talk to that kid. Said he wanted like a grand, but i started talking to him, and hes losing money and getting court martialed, so i gave em 175 for the ninja. wont start, tranny could use some work, carb needs a cleaning like a ****, BUT clean title. So i can use the rest of the cash fixing it.

the plus is, just so happens theres a guy on ebay parting out his ninja ex500, and all the parts i need were like 20 bucks each, with under 10 for shipping. Got all the internals for the tranny 31.50 shipped, and a almost new clutch for 11 bucks shipped. workin out nice. Got the 929 part for free to! im super excited about this little project though
Old 04-03-2007, 11:03 PM

Alright, heres the best pic i got off my phone of the ninja ferring free... its also seat free as well cause i was working on it. Thought the piston was ceased so i put marvel mistory oil into the spark plug and it leaked out. cant tell from where yet. Heres the tank and side ferring though as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ninja sf.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	191654   Click image for larger version

Name:	tank.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	191655  
Old 04-03-2007, 11:56 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

that's a really good deal, and a good bike for a beginner

You don't know if it's a 250 or a 500??? 250 has 1 cylinder, 1 carb and 1 sparkplug. 500 is a parrallel twin, with 2 carbs, and 2 sparkplugs....

this pic shows the case is so wide... it has to be a 500
Old 04-04-2007, 12:12 AM

Thats the thing, it has 2, and the vin says EX250f ... and when i went to the shop, i wasnt sure which plugs went in it, i told them it was a ex500, and he gave me 4 long spark plugs. Then i got home to change em, and it had 2.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
that's a really good deal, and a good bike for a beginner

You don't know if it's a 250 or a 500??? 250 has 1 cylinder, 1 carb and 1 sparkplug. 500 is a parrallel twin, with 2 carbs, and 2 sparkplugs....

this pic shows the case is so wide... it has to be a 500

Like i know about the plug thing you said. But the Vin sticker says 250, but title says 500. Its for my wife, so at first she wouldnt know the differance but i dunno. I feel like a moron cause i dont know what the bike it was or what. I cut the rear seat padding off and put bondo on it, and am laying fiber glass to give it a targa top look instead of that gay grab rail
Old 04-04-2007, 12:22 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i think you bought a stolen bike.....
Old 04-04-2007, 12:30 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

only difference your wife would notice is if she dropped it and went to pick it up the 250 would be a little easier to pickup. either way, I'd sugest you lay it over in the grass while the plastics are off and see if she can pick it up. not that it matters one way or the other if she can or can't but then at least she will know how to react if she drops it in the street, and she can practice different grabs and techniques of picking it up etc.

That's for sure a 500 motor. did you check to see if the motor vin, frame vin and title vin all match? it could have been a 250 originally nad had a 500 motor put in it and then when it went for another state inspection they titled it as a 500, I dunno
Old 04-04-2007, 12:32 AM

frame and title do. havnt checked the motor yet. to frustrated right now. Lol, my wifes a marine too so i dunno, she could prolly pick up the 500. But yea, i talked to her about if it fell. Kinda fraked me out, i dunno what id do if i got a call and she was thrashed... dont wannt talk about it. But nah man its not stolen. I know that for a FACT. If you know the kid youd understand. Hes a Marine, but hes a dusche. Hes terrified of authority. He bought this thing in 03 from his brother in law, then got busted for no liscence and it sat for a while. I think im just gonna file for lost title when i get it registered. We wrote the sale price as 10 dollars so registration fee will be a buck. WOO
Old 04-04-2007, 12:34 AM

all this talk of titles and vins made me think of an interesting question. IF you were to build a bike from scratch, would its vin be the vin off the frame or the motor?
Old 04-04-2007, 04:47 AM

MidnightBusa is a decent person

Lol, funny i have one too... i paid 100 bucks for it... heres a pic with no fairings

ps sorry for small image photobuckets down had to host it elsewhere, click to make bigger.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:46 AM

Like i said though, im acually kinda excited about this whole ordeal (except the vin mix up stuff) But i think with some time and effort, this might turn out to be a bitchin bike... for it to have started as a ninja
Old 04-05-2007, 12:34 AM

Im in the process of getting rid of the banana seat! comin along well. I cut the seat cover, shaved the foam, put down some small wire mesh, and bondo and fiberglass. Comin along well. gonna make it look like it has a cowl on it

Quick Reply: Any ideas??