Colored face sheilds on helmets

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 02:41 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Colored face sheilds on helmets

Are ALL tinted screens for helmets garbage?

Whenever I got my new icon helmet about 4 months ago, I bought a gold tinted windscreen with it..

After about 2 months it started getting pretty blurry..

After 3 months, I coulden't even see through the thing..

From cleaning the front of hte helmet, it has made the gold rub off... So now its spekeled(sp) with gold dots, and makes it stupid to even use....

So im woundering, are all colors like this? If I get a silver one, will it just rub off when I clean it?
What about a regular black smoked one?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Lacks self-control

C6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud of
Re: Colored face sheilds on helmets

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Are ALL tinted screens for helmets garbage?

Whenever I got my new icon helmet about 4 months ago, I bought a gold tinted windscreen with it..

After about 2 months it started getting pretty blurry..

After 3 months, I coulden't even see through the thing..

From cleaning the front of hte helmet, it has made the gold rub off... So now its spekeled(sp) with gold dots, and makes it stupid to even use....

So im woundering, are all colors like this? If I get a silver one, will it just rub off when I clean it?
What about a regular black smoked one?
mirrored sheilds are for squids, just wear sunglasses, that way you dont have to run home and switch shields when it gets dark....
Old 10-03-2006, 02:47 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Taz
mirrored sheilds are for squids, just wear sunglasses, that way you dont have to run home and switch shields when it gets dark....
I don't run home and switch shields when it gets dark... I just open mine if I can't see
Old 10-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

i love clear yellow visor's..
Old 10-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Lacks self-control

C6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud of

I don't run home and switch shields when it gets dark... I just open mine if I can't see
then your doing better than some guys I know cough*cbr929dude*cough
Old 10-03-2006, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
then your doing better than some guys I know cough*cbr929dude*cough
lol

back to the POINT!

do all colored shields **** *** after cleaning them a lot? I guess the real question is, do any helmets have the coloring on the INSIDE?

Im almost thinking of tinting my clear visor.. Woulden't have to worry about that rubbing off
Old 10-03-2006, 03:21 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

my dark screen is the $hit
Old 10-03-2006, 03:38 PM

Brian V is an unknown quantity at this point

Any of the icon shields other than plain or tinted ****. The gold bling and the chrome will both wear off and chip.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Brian V
Any of the icon shields other than plain or tinted ****. The gold bling and the chrome will both wear off and chip.

so icon black tinted ones are goood?
Old 10-03-2006, 04:07 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

so icon black tinted ones are goood?
I think the smoked/Dark tint shields for any brand are going to be good. I've had smoked ones that wear better than clear ones. Its just the mirrored ones that are going to be a problem no matter what brand you buy. They just don't last.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:11 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

^ holy **** captain riding gear...

i have a polarized arai one, it's a few years old now, so it's not as good as it used to be, but it's semi reflective, and polarized is soo sweet at night.. instead of headlights being a giant blur, you can almost see the bulb, it's just a tiny round light... u just have to wipe it with like a sunglass cloth
Old 10-03-2006, 04:13 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr

i have a polarized arai one, it's a few years old now, so it's not as good as it used to be, but it's semi reflective, and polarized is soo sweet at night.. instead of headlights being a giant blur, you can almost see the bulb, it's just a tiny round light... u just have to wipe it with like a sunglass cloth
Never knew they made one like that.. Might have to go shopping
Old 10-03-2006, 04:27 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

yeah, they are expensive ... but are pretty pimp
Old 10-03-2006, 04:30 PM

Brian V is an unknown quantity at this point

It's just spandex!!! "Stunt riding!" men in tights...........
Old 10-03-2006, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Brian V
It's just spandex!!! "Stunt riding!" men in tights...........
Kneepads Bit(h
Old 10-03-2006, 04:39 PM

I like my brain, my spine, my knee skin and my elbow skin, sorry
Old 10-03-2006, 04:40 PM
B.T.M.

Just Don't Fall? You Are About 5 Ft Away From Falling
Old 10-03-2006, 04:43 PM

Just Don't Fall? You Are About 5 Ft Away From Falling
I know that. But, I prepare like I am going to fall every time ever time I ride. Just how I am, I feel better in gear. By your logic I shouldn't bother wearing a helmet either. Some day when I have your skills I will ride in my skivvies
Old 10-03-2006, 04:47 PM
B.T.M.

if u have lack of skills like me you should wear a suit of armor... are u like 10ft 8?
Old 10-03-2006, 04:50 PM

Hondafan is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a mirrored one that looked good for about 4 days.

Quick Reply: Colored face sheilds on helmets