Blew away a WRX today

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 09:34 PM

78KingCobra is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Blew away a WRX today

sti's are meant to be taken on rally stuff. the suspension should be one of the best.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:44 PM

randomjibrish is an unknown quantity at this point

yea..but they went cheap on the suspension.....it understeers bad....
Old 05-09-2006, 08:37 AM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person

STI's are NOT meant to be taken offroad. No car is. It just so happens to be a good platform to go offroad, seeing as it's AWD and what not. It takes a lot to make these cars 'rally ready.' Go launch it like those guys do and I bet it wont turn out good.

-Max.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Crashing SUCKS!!!

LAST CALL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
i was racing a bicycle the other day and man that ***** gotme
Was it Pete?
Old 05-09-2006, 02:10 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by LAST CALL
Was it Pete?

iono he was going 2 fukin fast LMAO.

this thread really is gay .

do ppl think about what they say before they post. i actually know stuff about cars. and so far i've only read about 5 or 6 legit posts the rest make me think you guys are fukin middschoolers who just watched fast and furious for the 1st time and have never been in a car with power.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:26 PM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
iono he was going 2 fukin fast LMAO.

this thread really is gay .

do ppl think about what they say before they post. i actually know stuff about cars. and so far i've only read about 5 or 6 legit posts the rest make me think you guys are fukin middschoolers who just watched fast and furious for the 1st time and have never been in a car with power.
I'm in highschool, so does that make my posts HALF legit
Old 05-09-2006, 04:44 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by randomjibrish
yea..but they went cheap on the suspension.....it understeers bad....

dude, it understeers because it is awd.... it has a **** in the middle, that will transfer percentages of power to front or rear. you wanna see it over steer, put that ***** majority to the back.

just because it understeers does not mean the suspension sucks, get a clue man. all cars understeer, even f1 cars, drift cars, etc. you need a car to understeer... if it didnt, oversteer would kill alot of people.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:43 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
Pump gas buddy. Your whip doesn't count

I was on the highway doing 80 and a supra turbo pulled up next to me, nailed it and roasted them at 80mph when I was on my gixxer1k. I down shifted and couldn't keep up. Porsche Turbo's are fast too.
Was it red?
Old 11-13-2006, 03:44 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Pretty interesting

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2180560
Old 11-13-2006, 03:51 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

that is pretty intresting. never seen that setup before
Old 11-13-2006, 09:57 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

yea... i have seen many people custom some pretty incredible setups, but nothing has been mass produced like that oldschool HKS setup.

i bet the velocity on that vehicle is amazing!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:05 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

The new VW GTI will have a supercharger for low rpm
and a turbo for mid and high.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:13 PM

WKDTLR is an unknown quantity at this point

hey SYTFU R6 i just sold my built to the hilt FC. what all is done to yours? ill post up some pics of my setup. Last dyno i had i cranked out 450rwhp on pump and 1bar. interested to your setup. My roomate is just about to finish up his race prepped FC. Mostly setup for auto-x but well take her to the drags now and again to **** up some ppl.

And to all you ppl who claim that you have to spend 50k in order to make a car fast enough to beat a 600 you obviously have never been around "seriously" fast cars and obviously base your opinions off of your everyday hondas with huge exhausts that make alot of noise and go no-where. As stated b4 i made almost 500hp in a 2800 lb street car that was driven almost every day. Trust me, that was plenty to give 600's a bad day from a roll on the freeway.

And to the guy who said hulk hogan has like 20 supras and one of them makes 1700hp or something, your mistaken my friend. Ive met Hulk a handfull of times when i still lived in tampa at the quaker steak and lube meets and granted him and his son are huge supra fans, and his green supra does make great power its not n e where near 1700. However, Marco Djuric has a white supra that makes over 1500hp that he is capable of driving to the track and then running 8's in the quarter. But i doubt that would beat a 600, right guys?

And oddly enough there actually is a wrx here in phoenix who thought it would be cool to supercharge his already turboed boxer. However afterwords, when all the money was spent, and time invested, he still ran a super shitty 14 flat at the track and was laughed at. Im not even gonna go into some of the stuff i want to after reading some of these posts.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:10 AM

1fstrider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritishNick
so out of interest in this bikes cars in a "race" debate....

Are you calling a race a straightliner... or do you have corners in it?
-

i know its almost a year later but i just remembered it now it was a strait liner if he was up in the twisties i would have been gone