I got a ticket for taking off to fast

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 05:09 PM

mustang3025091 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a ticket for taking off to fast

I got a $125 ticket for taking off to fast. i was pulling onto a highway from a private road and got stopped. The **** put on the ticket unsafe start from a stopped position. Has anyone else ever had this happen? oh yeah, i was barely getting up on it. i hate piggies
Old 04-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Rockbottom Rockstar

12Pack is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I got a ticket for taking off to fast

Yeah happened to me when I was first learning to drive stick, I got stuck on a hill and chirped the tires, cop was a **** when I told him I was just learning, he told me to stay off the streets and head to a parking lot.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:14 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

be glad it's an usafe start and not reckless driving. here in california they try to give you reckless driving as much as possible and they just love taking your bikes for 30 . plus as you have all heard COPS DO LIE. my reckless driving I didn't do a damn thing and the officer made a complete LIE of a story about how I was riding a 35 MPH wheelie around a corner with traffic present and then through an intersection. basically he pulled me over just because I was riding a sportbike with a scrapebar and my friend that was 200 feet down the street and he didn't see the cop and did a 50 MPH stand up for a few blocks then the cop told me that I'm getting reckless driving and a 30 day impound (and other units chased my friend and did the same) but anyways he fabricated a story that was 100% lies to steal my bike from me for 30 days and to screw up my license and cost me tons of money. plus here in california they can put you through priority license reexamination (which he did) and you have to go through all kinds of bullshit through DMV 5 days after the ticket before you even can go to court and get it dropped or reduced if you are lucky enough. so basically a *** cop can decide he can ruin your life and driving record if he so decides that he doesn't want you on the street and you can't do nothing about it. this is for you you ****** bastard

no offence to other police officers that are not ******** and that don't lie. it's just that ******* cops like sgt F***head give all you good officers (yes there is a such thing) a bad name.

law enforcement really needs to start policing themselves a little more and less people would be running because they are scared of coming accross that F***HEAD like I did. just my

ride hard and have fun, just watch out on the streets, my bike is a truckbed/trailerqueen these days cause I can't afford going through that kind of **** and money loss again. I'm still dealing with it.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:07 PM

austin-stunter is an unknown quantity at this point

s h i t sucks.... cops are crackin down on stunting alot in texas too... im sure california (with all the street bikes) have alot of cops that just like to **** with with bikes.

and yes.. accelerating to fast is definetly a ticket... they give those tickets out to cars all the time. And you are lucky, he could of gave you a reckless driving and/or endagerment to public tickets..
Old 04-23-2006, 08:16 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^hey man how ya feelin???? no workey???
Old 04-24-2006, 02:32 AM

orezzolije is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey just a little trick I heard whether or not it works but when you mail in your ticket payment send like 2 or 5 extra bucks too much on the check and they will keep trying to send you your money back, but just throw it away and they won't close your case and can't inform your insurance company so they won't jack up your rates.
It's worth a shot.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:48 AM

austin-stunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ninja636
^^^^hey man how ya feelin???? no workey???
yeah i went to work. my heel swelled up... hopefully i will be back at it by the emd of the week.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:58 PM

ccrider43 is an unknown quantity at this point

you could have fought the ticket and won.. there is no law saying how fast you have to go to reach the speed limit long as you dont lift your front wheel off the ground.
lets say the speed limit is 50 on a road and your at a light the light turns green you get to 50 in 2 secs with out lifting your front tire off the ground your ok. if you lift the front tire off the ground they can get you for reckless... if a cop would give me a ticket for getting to the speed limit quickley i woud fight it and request a jury trial.. i bet my bike on it that they would drop it and not spend the money on a jury. Untill someone shows me a law that you have to reach a certen speed in a certin time i am going to keep reaching the speed limit in 1 or 2 secs...
Old 04-25-2006, 12:05 AM

lstreet is an unknown quantity at this point

what a gay ticket
Old 04-25-2006, 01:45 AM

styleboy is an unknown quantity at this point

pay it with pennies
Old 04-25-2006, 02:21 AM

jamheg1101 is an unknown quantity at this point

ccrider43 "you could have fought the ticket and won.. there is no law saying how fast you have to go to reach the speed limit long as you dont lift your front wheel off the ground.
lets say the speed limit is 50 on a road and your at a light the light turns green you get to 50 in 2 secs with out lifting your front tire off the ground your ok. if you lift the front tire off the ground they can get you for reckless... if a cop would give me a ticket for getting to the speed limit quickley i woud fight it and request a jury trial.. i bet my bike on it that they would drop it and not spend the money on a jury. Untill someone shows me a law that you have to reach a certen speed in a certin time i am going to keep reaching the speed limit in 1 or 2 secs... "

That is incorrect in most states you can receive an "exhibition of speed" ticket. It doesn't matter if you stay under the limit, but if you accelerate faster then what is deemed to be safe you could be pulled over and ticketed for it.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:41 AM

Scott982 is a decent person

Originally Posted by orezzolije
Hey just a little trick I heard whether or not it works but when you mail in your ticket payment send like 2 or 5 extra bucks too much on the check and they will keep trying to send you your money back, but just throw it away and they won't close your case and can't inform your insurance company so they won't jack up your rates.
It's worth a shot.
This actually does work or it did for me in Texas, I got a ticket for 110 in a 65 in my trans am and just sent them an extra $5 and never cashed the refund check..It has been 5 years and that ticket has never showed up on my insurance.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:47 AM

jamheg1101 is an unknown quantity at this point

most departments have picked up on that trick about sending some extra money a while ago. it may work for some but do not rely on that. I guess hope for the best
Old 04-25-2006, 09:58 AM

ccrider43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamheg1101
ccrider43 "you could have fought the ticket and won.. there is no law saying how fast you have to go to reach the speed limit long as you dont lift your front wheel off the ground.
lets say the speed limit is 50 on a road and your at a light the light turns green you get to 50 in 2 secs with out lifting your front tire off the ground your ok. if you lift the front tire off the ground they can get you for reckless... if a cop would give me a ticket for getting to the speed limit quickley i woud fight it and request a jury trial.. i bet my bike on it that they would drop it and not spend the money on a jury. Untill someone shows me a law that you have to reach a certen speed in a certin time i am going to keep reaching the speed limit in 1 or 2 secs... "

That is incorrect in most states you can receive an "exhibition of speed" ticket. It doesn't matter if you stay under the limit, but if you accelerate faster then what is deemed to be safe you could be pulled over and ticketed for it.
I still would fight it... what exhibition of seed to one person vs another person will vary... in my opinon that would be a hard one to make stick under a jury, but thats only my guess, i still would bet my bike it would get droped...
Old 04-25-2006, 10:06 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

...and cops wonder why people run. If they would relax a little on the stupid BS tickets that just tie up time and money people would be more apt to pull over.

FTP for life
Old 04-25-2006, 10:39 AM
I37
Just shred mountains now

I37 is a splendid one to beholdI37 is a splendid one to beholdI37 is a splendid one to beholdI37 is a splendid one to beholdI37 is a splendid one to beholdI37 is a splendid one to beholdI37 is a splendid one to behold

I took off fast from a light, popo on police bike behind me in a distance, it was about 1030 @ night, I knew he was gonna be an ***, and well I don't have to say much more (threw the deuce), but yeah i took off fast from a light.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:38 AM

yfz450_21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by orezzolije
It's worth a shot.

I know people who have tried this and the ticket still went through!
Old 04-27-2006, 11:38 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

whenever I take off too fast the front end comes up
My friend has a ticket that reads "leaving stop light on rear wheel"
Old 04-28-2006, 10:07 AM

ab420 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's worth a shot.
That used to work, but now insurance companies have caught on and they specifically look for it, and its actually considered a type of fraud now. (shitty, I used to use that method...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
CustomFighters.com-Everything About Sport Bikes: forums, picture gallery, arcade, technical specs, and more!
Stunt Picture Contest-Win a Freestyle Ingenuity Crash Cage!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:55 PM

750 stunna has a spectacular aura about750 stunna has a spectacular aura about

sounds like ftp.

Quick Reply: I got a ticket for taking off to fast