Best 600 class bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 05:16 PM

blackgt76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Best 600 class bike

I'm looking to get a new bike in the next 2 weeks, of course the choices are the F4I, gixer 600, R6 or the 636 kawi. They are price within $200 of each other. Any input of why i should get one over another would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:26 AM

Black_ops_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I went through the same thing you are now. It all came down to riding position to me and the Kawasaki is more comfortable. Other than that, all the bikes are on the same level. Just get what you wany man, don't let us make your choice....
Old 03-23-2003, 10:34 AM

The new 636's are more agressive then anything else right now in my opinoin (riding position), I just wanted as far as resale, reliability etc. Iknow honda is #1 in reliability, Suzuki is #1 in power, yamaha has aweome looks but their drivetrain kind of lacks. I will make the choice on my own but i just want to hear some pro's and con's. Also the price is a factor, found a left over F4I and GSXR 600 both for 7k out the door. 03 stuff is about 600-700 more.
Old 03-23-2003, 11:49 AM

If thats the case, I would suggest the F4i......
Old 03-23-2003, 11:59 AM

For some reason i thought the F4I is the slowest of the rest, is that true.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:07 PM

If you look up the specs of the F4i, CBR and the 636, they are so close it comes down to style and feel. I found the ZX6R was the best for me, I'm a larger rider and the 2001 6R Felt better. Sounds to me you might want to do a lil more research on the bikes. Find some riders that own the bikes and ask them. I get all the specs from the product main sites. Also, if you are going to customize the bike, the F4i has tons of more parts than the Kawasaki.....
Old 03-23-2003, 12:10 PM

Thanks for all the help, if anyone has any other input it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-23-2003, 05:39 PM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
honda has the best financing and lowest rates,id get the chepa one if your on a budget,all bikes seem to resale about the same except kawasaki,they seem lower,but the 636 aint been out yet,so it may just because if the 36 more cc,might impress some people
Old 03-23-2003, 05:48 PM

Not that i'm on a budget, i just want the best all around bang for the buck. Looked at a motorcyclist magazine and they had the F4I in the same class as a catana, i was like WTF.

Will the f4 keep up with the gixer or the r6?
Old 03-23-2003, 06:05 PM

f4i aint a bad bike,friend of mine has one i think there nice,600 are abou t the same,none of them are slow,but what you want a bike to stunt or rdie fast?cause once you gear it you have no top end anyway
Old 03-23-2003, 06:09 PM

Well u know how it goes, i will ride it and take care of it for 2 days and then i will abuse the f--k out of it. Honda's are pretty reliable and have good riding position since i will be taking it on a 1.30 hour trips sometimes. I guess right now it's a toss uo between the F4 and gixer. What is a good price to pay for a leftover?
Old 03-23-2003, 06:22 PM

i have no clue
Old 03-23-2003, 11:19 PM

Naynay is an unknown quantity at this point
HAve you sat on or even looked at an F4i up close?? they look like fisher price toys to me...too much plastic

R6's, they feel like your sitting on one of those gay slim-*** 21 speed road bicycles

the 636, it's aiight, but it's still a kawasaki, and all the people out buying 03 bikes right now are getting that bike.

I bought the 03 gixxer last year b4 all the new models came out, and quite frankly, i'm glad i did cause ive been riding that much longer now, and i'm not impressed with any of the new ****..

2004 is supposed to bring an all new gixxer 600 from the ground up though...so you may wanna get something cheap and hold off for a year or so b4 you get stuck with anything.

Rodney
Old 03-24-2003, 07:33 AM

MethodEFX is an unknown quantity at this point
I would stay away from the "B" class F4I. Take a look at the gixxer again. It has a steering damper already on it and more HP. My brother-in-law just got a left over 02' gixxer600 and its da sht. We have ridden for hours at a time and he said he has not been uncomphy at all. Get a real "R" class bike "the GSXR600" and live the good life.
Peace Out
Old 03-24-2003, 09:31 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Clay is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up F4I

I ride the f4i i only complaint i have is the seat is hard at first but after you get used to it. its no big deal. i have been on rides over 2hrs with no problems. also the bike with get up on one no problem so it is your call on the bike you want and also i like the seat on the GSXR it is a gel seat on the 750 at least.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:59 AM

I was not saying that the f4i is uncomphy I was just saying that the gixxer is not uncomphy. There is nothing wrong with the f4i but it is compared to the "B" class bikes now, not eaven up with the true "R" bikes and I think there is a reason for this. If you want a true "R" bike and you are picking between the f4i and the gsxr600 the choice is simple. GSXR600 you won't be dissapointed.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:25 AM

there not much difference i a f4i and a gsxr 600,i have a 2001 gsxr 600 and a friend of mine has a 2001 f4i,there both nice bikes,but honda has better customer service and excellent financing,suzuki dont have ****,you end up with 15% and up financing,thing honda has good is they got something like 1 or 2% financing rate going on now,cant beat that,im a suzuki person and have had a 2 gsxr 600,2 750,and a hayabusa so i as you can see i like suzuki but in reality honda bikes are a better deal
Old 03-24-2003, 10:57 AM

I wouldn't suggest going through suzuki for the loan. Go with a local bank and get your good rates that way. I mean low rates shouldn't make you mind up, the better bike should. We all know the f4i is a nice bike but lets face it the f4i is not a true "R" bike now and I don't think it ever was. Buy what you want and get it anyway you can. Shop around for that loan, there are good rates to be found everywhere.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:19 AM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by blackgt76
...Will the f4 keep up with the gixer or the r6?
Yes, but the gixxer has more HP at the rear wheel. But its all about the rider on each bike.

My vote:

F4i is the best 600 stunt bike, crashes well and holds up, reliable, good power, and if you get new sprockets you can really do some **** on that bike.

Second Choice: gixxer 600 still a strong bike for stunnin, holds up almost as well as the honda, but the reliability isn't quite up to par with the Honda. Very stable and smooth for freeway wheelies, get to the sweet spot and leave it there.

Third Choice: Kawi 636 or 600RR(if you can find one).....strong frame, looks like an R6 but better crashes quality. Hey, stunnas crash, its part of learning. Realiability unknown cause its a first year bike. Good power and with re-gearing you can do any stunt on this bike.

I hate putting my bike last but Forth Choice: R6 it just desinigrates when you crash. And its costs a lot to get back to riding after the crash. Looks are great, lots of stunnas run these but its not the best for stability while wheelie-ing. Tranny's usually have 2nd gear problems...slipage, 2nd gear going out, or you just fry the tranny altogether. I had a '99 bought new and before the year warranty was up I the tranny blew up, Yamaha cover a full replacement for free, minus a new clutch. With a crash bar this bike can be a better crasher.

Hope this helps.....

Goose
Old 03-24-2003, 01:31 PM

-Eric- is an unknown quantity at this point
all of goose's points were excellent, i ride w/ a lot of people w/ gixxers they usually complain about availability of parts. i have NEVER had trouble finding parts for my bike, weather it be off of e-bay the delership or otherwise. thats another long term thing to consider. and are the subframes still welded on the new r6's?

Quick Reply: Best 600 class bike