929 problems....

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 07:13 PM

dorq is an unknown quantity at this point
929 problems....

Having serious issues with the exhaust valve servo in my 01 929. Hoping someone with similar problems in the past could maybe help......a while back my fi light would come on randomly, and the bike would start running like ****...well i turn the key off while riding, turn it on and its fine til later...it started doing it more and more and more until finally it stayed on and i could hear the servo freaking out. Well ive been meaning to remove the valve from the exhaust anyhow so i took the valve out and unhooked the servo, this made it run worse obviously.

Well after, i found a new servo and hooked it up. Same problem. Then this new servo started making crazy noises. Well i took both servo's appart only to find that all of the gears in both were stripped out completely. I dont have a book to see what codes im flashing so i dont know about that either..

Any thoughts?

Also NOW things have gotten even worse. Now everytime a put a load on the engine...or crack it open aywhere past 5k rpm its like the ignition cuts out completely, bike dives down and the tach drops to zero(which is why i think its ignition) and it does this off and on until i let off of the throttle...almost seems like a wiring problem but i cant find anything..

Sorry about the whole book i wrote here but any help would be freakin awesome....thanks.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:05 AM

Miltown is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 929 problems....

if you take the flaps out you need to let the motor plugged in so you dont flash any lights, make sure you map sensor is hooked especially the vacume hose for it. its the black sensor connected to the airbox, check the codes too.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:24 PM

yeah it is hooked up so i dont know waht the deal is there..tahnks..anywho i found out what it is..****ing rediculous.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:29 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

well..what is it? i'm havin issues with mine too, below 3k it has no *****, then after it moves pretty good, and 2nd gear i have to clutch it so hard to make it come up, and then struggle to keep it up... i think there might be a little exhaust leak by the header,,..or possible the brakes rubbing.. any ideas?
Old 06-08-2005, 09:16 PM

my problem was first that my new exhaust valve servo was shot when i bought it..and then somehow the solder on the wires for my kill switch broke and make a bad connection that eventually stopped working alltogether...no power below 3k? any engine lights? have you made sure that the servo for your exhaust/intake valve is working properly? sounds kinda funny...if youre brakes are rubbing real bad the thing will be a ***** to roll
Old 06-09-2005, 08:22 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

yeah it is a ***** to roll, and i haven't checked the servo, there is no engine lights comin on, i dunno it just seems pretty fvcked up and i haven't had time to really check it out, maybe tonite i will.. oh by the way, do you know of anyone who has a scotts bracket for a steering dampner? i have the damper itself, just need the bracket
Old 06-10-2005, 04:23 PM

dont know anyone with the bracket, lol i have a scotts on mine but it needs rebuilt...real sloppy..id actually trade it all straight across for a toby or something.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:07 PM
B.T.M.

hey i was lookin at your pics, is your name brian? think i seen u a long time ago at 238.. dean the 6'9 dude is one of my buddies, and i think u 2 know eachother
Old 06-11-2005, 02:54 PM

yeah im bryan, yeah i know or knew dean...and yeah you probably saw me at 238..musta been a long time ago on my f3 though.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:39 PM
B.T.M.

hell yea, was the beat to **** f3, but u could still rock some nasty hc's on it... we deff need to ride
Old 06-12-2005, 10:25 PM

yeh i could bust some **** on that bike..unfortunately due to a serious lack of funds and practice i cant do **** on this 929 like i could my f3..i want another f3 f4 or f4i or some **** hah.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:27 AM
B.T.M.

i have a auction license, i can find u somethin for pretty cheap if u have any funds... especially f3's
Old 06-13-2005, 05:21 PM

yeah my buddy does also, already got my eye on a couple bikes but unfortunately not only am i a broke****, but im going out of town for like 3 weeks so thats gonna make the situation worse.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:11 PM
B.T.M.

oh well man, ****'ll work out when it should. where you goin out of town and when?
Old 06-13-2005, 09:55 PM

july 15 we're goin all over the place...indianna, detroit, north carolina, maybe virginia beach, arkansas and then back home..visiting a bunch of family and ****.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:27 PM
B.T.M.

damn, that's a trip..well one of my buddies is doin a show here on the 6th of july or somethin, in flagstaff, it's teamclc on here.. so we're goin to that if u're down
Old 06-14-2005, 05:09 PM

no can do, i work mon-fri early as **** and i cant really miss anymore days cause im gonna be gone so long already.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
B.T.M.

well ****... i dunno man, we'll eventually end up ridin
Old 02-25-2006, 11:27 PM

Friction-Point is an unknown quantity at this point
Rip

RIP Dorq.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:13 AM
exx

exx is an unknown quantity at this point

RIP dorq.

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints. (Psalms 116, Verse 15).

Quick Reply: 929 problems....