someone ran on me today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 08:43 PM

goat is an unknown quantity at this point
someone ran on me today!!!

today at about 1pm i saw a 01-03 gsxr 6 or 750 with many different colored plastics. his license plate was bent up as i rolled through a wendys parking lot. he darted out of wendys and onto the bike i heard him start it as he got on... im sure the ignition was punched as he never turned a key. it was on mannheim road between belmont and north ave. here in cook county illinois he ran north at first did a u-turn at grand went south to north ave. by this time at least 6 squads are boxing him in. he got south to north ave and was boxed in he did another u-turn north right at me. i asked for permission to ram him. MY SGT GRANTED IT!!!!.....as he was closing in on me about 100 yards...one of my suits gets on the air and cancels the chase. i hope alot of you on here realize the only reason you get away is because our superiors are scared of law suits if you die or if you crash and hurt an innocent person. today the guy almost crashed about a dozen times. if anyone on here knows who this was, i hope you let him know that the only reason he is not dead or at least really fu*ked up is because one of my superiors is a pus*y. granted if im running radar and you pass by flying, i have no chance....im not even gonna try. however like todays situation and many others ive been in, i could have stopped you if it werent for the fact that you could die. im not trying to be mr tough guy or talk trash.....just realize alot of you may be bragging on something that ended for a reason other than your riding skills. ill be happy to give you more details on the chase/ reason i got out on him in the first place if you want......im sure you will bash me for this post. im sure we will see the oh so original FTP at least a hunderd times. but when it all comes down to it, if it werent for a fear of liberal lawyers, i could have owned this guy and many of you that are just like him. im about the coolest cop you will ever meet. i understand what its like to have fun and that occasionally means stepping outside some minor lines of the law. that guy today could have hurt or killed alot of people.....again not trying to argue or bash anyone....just showing you the other side of the fence.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:00 PM

r1jason is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: someone ran on me today!!!

i bet it was a stolen bike
Old 03-04-2005, 09:04 PM

MIKE_SR is an unknown quantity at this point

it was probably something stupid....... like he didn't have a motorcycle license
Old 03-04-2005, 09:14 PM

KingWheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hell yeah, another cop on the forum. Was thinking I was the only one....
Old 03-04-2005, 09:20 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

I'm glad you don't have a problem killing someone over something you're not sure about, way to keep my idea of the law where it should be. And pus*y? perhaps he didn't want to tell a kids parents that their son was killed because the cop couldn't tail him long enough to get a positive ID, ditch the bike, or any reasonable form of civil service. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:28 PM

KingWheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^^good point......
Old 03-04-2005, 09:29 PM

MIKE_SR is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanna be a cop...
Old 03-04-2005, 09:31 PM

clearly you didnt read the post completely or unbiased mr. apex.....ramming him was not for my self gratification. yes he would have gotten hurt....in an attempt to stop him from getting into an accident with someone else.....i dont wish this upon you by any means. but imagine this guy, as he blew a dozen or so red lights as he did today, t bones and hurts or kills your mom, child, wife...what have you. i bet you would be the same ***** asking me, why didnt you stop him?.......you cant have it both ways...he chose to run. id hurt him or even kill him anyday to prevent him from hurting someone innocent. so tell me again, how is your confidence in the law?....tail him long enough?....yeah right, what kind of bike do you have......theres no squad in the world that could tail mine long enough.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:31 PM

Daenan is an unknown quantity at this point

The only reason a lot of people that drive like ******** and **** me off aren't dead is because I have a conscience and morals. Cops don't.... they think that because someone has broken the law (or as this guy would say)"put innocent lives in danger", then the oppressor deserve to die...

Honestly, you think that because someone has disobeyed the law and subsequently the authority that you pride yourself in, that you have the right to use a force that will surely end a life. A smart person would suggest that if you feel like the situation is too dangerous, STOP F*CKING CHASING HIM!!! Yet, when this decision was realized... apparently the guy who announced it is a "*****". Yes Mr. Cop... you have all of the power in the world... and you could have ran into this guy and taken a son, father, or husband out of this world. Someone that will hopefully grow up one day and realize their stupidity. But darnit... your superior is a ***** and you'll have to wait another day for your head on cruiser with bike collision. Sick ****.

Granted this guy on the bike was probably a low life... but who are you to decide that? I don't pay you to think... you have a book and a law by which you obide and your opinion on "us" is worthless. You tell us you're a cool cop... was this post just a warning about running?? or a threat that next time you'll turn an "evading ticket" into a life sentence??? I don't run from the police, I don't condone it, but the crap that comes from cops is just ridiculous.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Lacks self-control

C6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud of

I love how this thread is 5 above the thread Rock stolen shat ...... just thought it was funny, on with your bickering, although I am impressed with goat's well thought out response, I Hate it when it just turns into a big flame war EVERYtime, (once in awhile is good for you)

Oh yea
FTP
Old 03-04-2005, 09:41 PM

then at what point do i chase him......if you kill someone and run do i have to stop because you ran?......what crime authorizes me to chase....you assume that it was something minor he ran for.....maybe he had a gun....maybe he had drugs........maybe he had a warrant for rapping children.....maybe hes one of the guys that killed the federal judge here in chicago......it so easy for people to judge us. its not about authority, its my job.....i dont get paid to let people go. im also an army vet, i have killed people before. it was not something i enjoyed or look forward to doing again. its fine for you because you dont have to deal with it. until someone you love is the victim, then agian youll tell me im not doing my job the right way.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Likes to poop

Mr. Negative is an unknown quantity at this point

Even if the bike was stolen, is it really worth endangering others lifes by following him in persuit? In my eye it is'nt worth killing someone so this guy gets a court date. I think you have some grudge agianst bike thieves, is it possible your bike got taken and this is your way of redeeming what you lost? And killing the guy would be an easy out he should sit in jail for what he did or did'nt do. Just because it looked like a stolen bike does'nt mean it was, many stunt bikes look that way. Sound like he was guilty waiting to be proven innocent.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:54 PM

Yeah there are lots of what ifs. What if the guy I see walking down the street rapes girls for fun. I can't just shoot him because I "think" or even if I "know" he does. We do have something called a judicial system in which state and federal courts carry out hearings that determine the innocence of a suspected criminal.

And if this guy was endangering anyone, it was himself. And if he was carrying "drugs" or a gun (which isn't necessarily wrong) then his time would come again. I don't see why it is necessary to put MORE lives at risk by engaging in a chase that you won't win without serious injury or death.

I've seen someone break the law and take my best friend's life. There was no justice. She didn't even see a courtroom. Why didn't you take her out before she could cut off a bike? Because you can't know... i bet 25% of drivers out there are more dangerous sober than this guy running from the cops on a "stolen" bike. Shoot one of every 4 cars you pass while chasing this guy then. You'll be a crime stoppin foo!
Old 03-04-2005, 10:04 PM

daenan......im sorry but i dont find your arguements logical......am i the only one? others please say something if its just me......how can the judicial system work if they run?.......according to you i have to let them go....how does the judge you referred to get to them?...ill tell you...when i catch them running.....youre not a cop you shouldnt be shooting anyone on the street. and yes having a gun on you in illinois is wrong.....and i didnt try to run ram as he was just walking down the street because he might have something illegal, he was passing me at about 95mph........and he endangered at least 100 people while he was running....mannheim road is a state funded highway...it has 3 lanes in each direction....at that time of day there were many, many cars.........by the way he ran as soon as he saw me driving in the parking lot, i was going to look at the bikes just because they were the first ones id scene this year out....i didnt even have my lights on........i dont have all the answers, never claimed to....but your arguements are silly. i bet you run dont you.................oh yeah never had my bike stolen.....i could care less if this bike was stolen.....i dont work in mayberry....i patrol cook county illinois...which includes chicago.....we have shootings, drugs, guns, prostitutes, gangs, and yes even stolen vehicles on a daily basis.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:16 PM

I do apologize for my naive arguments. You are right, you should have ran into this dirtbag because he was running from the police... and he probably was a wife beating, daughter raping, drug selling, prostitute, with drugs and a gun. I'm sorry that you didn't because you would have slept a whole lot better tonight knowing that you played god today.

Arresting someone is different than killing them. And what I was trying to point out is that you aren't a judge, you can't make the decision you wanted to. (sorry... i'm done now)

Yes I've ran. I made it too. And I pulled over every time since then.

And I'm done with this. I don't agree with your first post... you obviously can't see where I am coming from. Toodles.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:18 PM

youve proved my point yet again.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by goat
but when it all comes down to it, if it werent for a fear of liberal lawyers, i could have owned this guy and many of you that are just like him.

You mean that point???

Yes you can "own" me if you run me over in your police cruiser.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:28 PM

Catman will become famous soon enough

I do see both sides of this issue....I do deal with police often in my tactical training. I do not run anymore ,But i have to say this if someone runs in a car you put down strips or shoot out tires. Not take head shots at the driver Seems like raming a bike would be like 2 to the chest one to the head.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KC Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

You take the risk of injuring yourself or others when you run, cops also take that same risk by chasin you, I have seen just as many times a cop hittin **** in a chase as a suspect does. If you can live with the possibilty you will kill yourself or others by all means run, and if you are a cop chase them and see who has the luckier day
Old 03-04-2005, 10:57 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

INSAIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Goat....you sir.....are a complete ****ing ***. I have seceral friends whoare Police officers in all different fields. Not once have I ever heard them utter such Bullshiat, simular to the the crap that jus slid out of your mouth.

You're nothing short of a vigilante. If you saw him running to his bike. You musta had some time to react, Block him in. You tell me he didn't have time to put on his helmet?

You have radios, and I asume you have air support! More ways of skinning a cat.

innocent b4 proven guilty?

You're a civil Servant....I appreciate that you have a tough and demanding job sometimes. I decided Not to pursue a career after passing my testing.

But bringing up your Vet background....killing this and killing that.

you're a robot that that needs reformatting........BTW the force has health benifets. I suggest you go get MUCH NEEDED COUNCILLING

Quick Reply: someone ran on me today!!!