Breakin Time ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 10:45 AM

Ryan_omc is an unknown quantity at this point
Breakin Time ???

I have an 05' 636 with about 1 mile on it. I was in a drunken stuper and felt the need to do a burn out on it. It was for a decent amount of time just chillin in the garage and I did not redline it.

Do you think that totally screwed things up or how much is that one 10 sec burnout going to effect my breakin of the bike???

Thanks
Old 03-04-2005, 11:06 AM

Pigott666gsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Breakin Time ???

Hey,

Don't worry about it just ride it like you going to any ways......if you see what people actually put some of these bike through you would feel a lot better about it. My buddy picked up a brand new gixer 750 and went straight to laconia and went through about 4 tires. He had the HEADER glowing red in 6th gear pined. Less than 200 miles on it and the bike was one of the fastest 750 I ever ridden. THEY LOVE THE ABUSE......and its got a warrenty anyways ENJOY IT>.........
Old 03-04-2005, 11:13 AM

yeah I have asked about 8 people and they all had negative things to say, one dealer I talked to at a show said.....I should change the oil before I take it in for the first check up.....but who knows....
Old 03-04-2005, 11:48 AM

gsxrmario is an unknown quantity at this point

Doin **** like that, you dont need to be on a new bike, get an old beeter so when you are drunk, you wont do stupid ****.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:05 PM

I have 3 bikes...this is my nice chill around bike, burnouts are just natural for me, but I just have never had a new one before
Old 03-04-2005, 01:21 PM

Hey,

Also just doing a burn out won't hurt any thing unless you really beat it like 6th gear pinned for a Hour. So just ride it and make sure you heat cycle the engine at first a coupple of times and then just kill it.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:27 PM

Oh thanks man.....everyone made me think that I had did something horrible too my new baby.....thanks man, I will listen to your advice because it is the most positive I have heard thus far
Old 03-04-2005, 02:16 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan_omc
Oh thanks man.....everyone made me think that I had did something horrible too my new baby.....thanks man, I will listen to your advice because it is the most positive I have heard thus far

i abused every new bike i have been on. picked up my friend r6 and did a few burnouts. bought my f4i brand new and went over 160 the second i got on the freeway.....both bikes still run great.

have a 750, treated it like a baby at first, have blown 2 motors now.

and why are they telling you to change your oil? unless you hear a knocking, you should be ok with the oil you have. you are supposed to get it looked at after 500 miles though, just to make sure all the bolts are tight and everything is working right. never know with a new kawi...the zx10 frames were cracking like crazy when they first came out.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:20 PM

he said cause if there are little metal chips or some **** in the oil with new bikes, and if i revved it too high the dealer would know that I did and could cause problems with warranty or something, who knows with dealers, I never trust them anyways, they are just there trying to make a buck
Old 03-04-2005, 02:27 PM

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan_omc
he said cause if there are little metal chips or some **** in the oil with new bikes, and if i revved it too high the dealer would know that I did and could cause problems with warranty or something, who knows with dealers, I never trust them anyways, they are just there trying to make a buck

yeah there would only be chips of metal if you did some internal damage. just deny that you did a burnout, they cant prove it. if you wanted to play it safe, then just change the oil, but i wouldnt worry about it too much.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:32 PM

yeah screw changing the oil...they can do that **** when i take it in for the checkup....it says to stay under six g's or something....that is like 40mph on this bike.....I will be flyin like after 20 miles....oh well good info guys
Old 03-04-2005, 04:16 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry about it, ride it how you intend on riding it. I actually think you shouldn't baby it at first because you're not going to get the full movement of the engine, then when you want to beat on it it's going to be pushing it to levels it's not used to. Don't worry about it, those people are clowns.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:35 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Bought an '02 1000 new from dealership. All the employees knew me so they came outside.

They told me to take it easy. I left the lot, went down and turn around, came past with a nice high slow wheelie.

I went back a week later to say high and get some parts, they informed me that my warranty had been voided already. LOL

** edit ** i forgot the point of my story, LOL.

No, you did not hurt your bike at all.

I've beat every bike i've owned, they all lasted a long time.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:56 PM

KC Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Just break it in how your gonna ride it, ive done that with every bike ive ever owned and never had a problem
Old 03-04-2005, 11:20 PM

Catman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by skillz954
Don't worry about it, ride it how you intend on riding it. I actually think you shouldn't baby it at first because you're not going to get the full movement of the engine, then when you want to beat on it it's going to be pushing it to levels it's not used to. Don't worry about it, those people are clowns.
I believe this to be good advice you want the bike broke in at high revs at least this works for road race bikes.It will be the fastest 636 around thats no I have used that method on several bikes and it works!! bounce it off the limiter.Ride it like you stole it :YEAH
Not wise on 2-stroke bikes
Old 03-07-2005, 10:19 AM

hey,

the chips are in any and every new motor that has been machined. They just suggest to change the oil to remove these small pices. It helps but either way your ok........just drop the plug and oil it up and KILL it.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:33 AM

vervius is an unknown quantity at this point

everyone says there are 2 ways to break in bikes:
go slow *** for a long time.
or *****-slap every gear a couple times

either way the bike runs the best over a period of time after. FYI