Vertical Outlaws Photo Gallery
www.verticaloutlaws.com
Southern ME

Another 900RR Question (Fuel Tank Hoses)?

Old 03-26-2004, 08:46 AM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Another 900RR Question (Fuel Tank Hoses)?

What's up guys! I figured you guys may know the answer to this question.....

After putting the 900 back together it will not start. It sounds like it is not getting gas. I was wondering if I hooked the fuel/vacumm hoses up incorrectly.?. The items in picture #1 are COMPLETELY out of the bike/not connected. They were not hooked up when I tore down the bike, so I figured it would be ok to leave them out. Are these hoses important or needed for the bike to run?

The small thin hose labeled by #2 is connected directly to thin tab underneath the tank next to the large one that is used for the overflow. I have the thin hose connected to the carburetors currently. From the picture at RonAyers it looks like it should be connected to the small tab on the petcock for air pressure of some sort instead of how I have it.?.

Also, where is the fuel pump located on the 97' 900....is there one?

Anybody know for sure where these hoses connects to please reply. Thanks! I will post up some pics of how I have it connected currently in a bit.

Old 03-26-2004, 08:52 AM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person
Re: Another 900RR Question (Fuel Tank Hoses)?

Originally Posted by RedlineJimmy
What's up guys! I figured you guys may know the answer to this question.....

After putting the 900 back together it will not start. It sounds like it is not getting gas. I was wondering if I hooked the fuel/vacumm hoses up incorrectly.?. The items in picture #1 are COMPLETELY out of the bike/not connected. They were not hooked up when I tore down the bike, so I figured it would be ok to leave them out. Are these hoses important or needed for the bike to run?

The small thin hose labeled by #2 is connected directly to thin tab underneath the tank next to the large one that is used for the overflow. I have the thin hose connected to the carburetors currently. From the picture at RonAyers it looks like it should be connected to the small tab on the petcock for air pressure of some sort instead of how I have it.?.

Also, where is the fuel pump located on the 97' 900....is there one?

Anybody know for sure where these hoses connects to please reply. Thanks! I will post up some pics of how I have it connected currently in a bit.

I know Joe had a prob with his lines during starboyz stuntfest last yr...... Ill shoot him an email and see if he cant answer your question... But by the looks of it yeah you ned the other lines there for the bike to run properly.. And there is no fuel pump on the 900 RR's that yr I think its just a vacuum assisted petcock.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:36 PM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Another 900RR Question (Fuel Tank Hoses)?

Sorry it took so long to reply.....busy day!

You do not need anything in pic #1.

There is no fuel pump, it is a vacuum activated petcock. The vacuum line comes out of the intake under the carbs were you would normally hook up a carb sinc tool. Factory uses the second one in from the right if you are sitting on the bike. That goes to the to the smaller fitting on the petcock, that is what opens the petcock and lets fuel flow from the tank. After that all you need is the large fuel line that comes out of the carbs and connect it to the petcock.

All of the other lines are just breathers. Hope that wasn't too confusing! Later, Joe