Buy/sell? Why cant Stuntlife have one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 11:53 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Buy/sell? Why cant Stuntlife have one?

I was wondering what the reason was for getting rid of the buy/sell section? I am also wondering why SL still has a buy/sell section for the 50 section but not for big bikes? Just doesnt make sense to me, and I tried to use the stunt trader BS and it doesnt even work! Wont let me post stuff
Old 12-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Buy/sell? Why cant Stuntlife have one?

Politics! Its a bunch of crap!
Old 12-08-2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
Politics! Its a bunch of crap!
I though so, but it still doesnt make sense because we are still aloud to post 50 stuff for sale So they dont want us to sell our big bike parts to eachother but its fine to sell 50 parts
Old 12-08-2006, 12:06 PM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried sellin and buyin stuff on sl and every time they erase my thread. guess if there not makin money they squash it. Your right stunt trader is a joke. Old *** stuff on ther from years ago
Old 12-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

I wonder if it has something to do with the pricing range? I dont know why they just dont make a section for misc. buy/sell/trade........I mean seriously though, who is it hurting?
Old 12-08-2006, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
I wonder if it has something to do with the pricing range? I dont know why they just dont make a section for misc. buy/sell/trade........I mean seriously though, who is it hurting?
I would even pay to use that section, they can make it so only site supporters can post in there, or even collect like a dollar or something from every sale. I pay like $10 a year for some other site to get into certain sections that are only for site supporters...

I think they sold out, theres an add for visor stickers at the top of the biggest stunt site in the world Thats lame!
Old 12-08-2006, 12:32 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

www.StuntTrader.com is 100% free
Old 12-08-2006, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by nags
www.StuntTrader.com is 100% free
Sounds great but it will not let me post anything! I signed up and at first it wouldnt let me past the 2nd drop dowm menu, and now I cant even do anything...

JohnnyP, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:43 PM

Just tried again and its now working, I'll try it out but I still think the SL for sale section was better...
Old 12-08-2006, 12:44 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I liked it better as well but I've got no say in that.....
Old 12-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

shuggs got alot of heat from bad transactions and has been supoened to court a few times because of it. cathi ssaid the full reason a few months ago...
Old 12-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Just sounds like bad business to me
Old 12-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Say

Stuntrider308 " Buys no # Frame from (Stuntbiker) And Gets pulled over on F4i no #vin bike"

Police impound bike and run acid test to reveal #'s and charges kid with theft

stuntrider308 says i bought it from so n so on stuntlife forum website

Site owner must provide proof that transaction and all that other junk was discussed etc to back stuntrider308 etc.. stunttrader is a orgin of its own in disclaimer and protection against any crap

http://www.stunttrader.com/forums/fa...faq#faq_forums
Old 12-08-2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
shuggs got alot of heat from bad transactions and has been supoened to court a few times because of it. cathi ssaid the full reason a few months ago...
couldnt a simple disclaimer rule out any of those problems?

All I know is the old buy/sell was usefull and people were using it, anything new is garbage and no ones using them..
Old 12-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Scrapes Elbow

yeah the old buy and sell was awesome but disclaimers on the internet are as worthless as parking lot stunt permission slips. unless u got a really expensive lawyer ya know.

i dunno the whole legal list about it but its more apropiat (sp) to have a dedicated resource then involving the largest stunt forum... in the companys intrest

Last edited by Wheeliest; 12-08-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:44 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

i think its all just a huge conspiracy created by the same people that faked the moon landing
Old 12-08-2006, 02:22 PM

noxen is an unknown quantity at this point

that site is so awkward and hard to use its not even worth it

half the ad's seem "dead" anyways
Old 12-08-2006, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by noxen
that site is so awkward and hard to use its not even worth it

half the ad's seem "dead" anyways
I have ads on there that are valid
Old 12-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
i think its all just a huge conspiracy created by the same people that faked the moon landing
+1
Old 12-08-2006, 05:57 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Cathi will become famous soon enoughCathi will become famous soon enough

actually there were a few glitches that needed to be worked out since it was a program that had to be designed properly to fit certain criteria for these sales .. PLUS there are some awesome added features on there where you can be involved in some product decision making such as the reviews.
I tried to explain in previous threads that the legal part of it is not worth having it in the forums... people were screwing people and we are talking felony charges, so to save on lawyers and court costs its better we go through StuntTrader ... Sorry guys .. but if you have lawsuits that cost you time and money and have to travel to court, its not worth it.
If StuntTrader works for you, great. If not, there are plenty of other sites out there.
We need a paper trail on every aspect of the sales because then we get the calls and dont have a clue who anyone is on here as on a personal basis.
There could be a fund everyone can contribute to to pay to have selling forums on here to use it so that any liability is covered on the sites part.. but i dont think that's right for anyone to be forced to do crap like that...
I have alot of you say that it was awesome back in the day when there were forums for specifically that, but now its different because of how big the site has grown its just too much time and work to keep up with everyone. I hope you can understand that aspect of it.
Sorry again for the glitches, we have them worked out. If you have any questions pertaining to this topic or stunttrader, just PM me and I will fill you in on what's up...