Aussie Riders Of stunting brothers and sisters from Australia!

My Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 02:37 AM

ratter is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking My Track Day

Just got back from doing a track day at Philip island race way, and would like to start off by saying

It was a last minute decision as the clubs track days are normally booked months ahead, but in this case they were short of riders, so myself and my neighbour (R6) watched the weather forecast and decided to do it.

I have to state that I have not done a track day since 93 when I had a GSXR1100, which I crashed at the bottom of mg corner, so I was a bit nervous/excited and did not sleep a single minute on thursday night.

When we got to the track it was wet and drizzling down, but that is normal for phillip island, but we were hoping for a dry track in an hour or so.

After the riders briefing they sent out the livley (fast) group for 20 minutes, then they sent out the leisurely (slow) group which me and my neighbour decided to go in. I must say that I have not done much wet weather riding, so I was a bit on the shy side at first, but after a few laps, started to feel a bit more confident.

after a few sessions and a few downpours we were really going for it, and I must say I'm not sure if the bike breaking into wheelspin at over 200 kmh down the straight while trying to pass other bikes is exciting or scary.

After lunch the track started to get a dry line and a few more sessions it was actually dry, but still cold.
Once dry the smile started getting bigger and bigger as the chicken strips on the tyres got smaller and smaller and I got my knee on the deck at siberia quite a few times. I saw the speedo go 260+ down the front straight, but I was backing off about the 220 meter mark (should be going further than that)

I can't believe how well the bike and tyres handle, if only I could improve my riding ability to match it, maybe a another track day or two, or maybe if I had some sleep and was able to concentrate a bit better?

Mick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	single_1_smallest.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	26515  
Old 07-21-2003, 02:41 AM

Just another pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	single_2_smallest.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	26516  
Old 07-21-2003, 02:45 AM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future
nice pics
Old 07-21-2003, 02:54 AM

Thanks
They had a pro photographer there, but he was not taking shots later in the day when it dryed out
Old 07-22-2003, 01:18 AM

larriken is an unknown quantity at this point
Those shots look really sharp!
Old 07-24-2003, 12:52 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point
nice one man,

finally getting my poo together with the blade. Will have full leathers and glass crunchy bits very soon and I'll be doing as many track days as possible. Ran at the drags last night. Bike needs a tune. Could only manage an 11.3 (Still the fastest bike there... including the 20 or so Harleys doing the Harley Challenge....hehehe), but I did a 132mph run.

bit of jeking around with the tyre pressure and rear sus to stop it heading skywards and I should be doing consistent 10s..

Then again.. Drag racing bikes is kinda ghey. Maybe I'll just stick to wheelies
Old 07-24-2003, 01:29 AM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future
Originally posted by ratter
Thanks
your welcome
Old 07-25-2003, 05:18 AM
What!

Uncle. is an unknown quantity at this point
Good stuff my man

Good pics bro.You forget how good a track day is till you go back and then you are like F this rego crap I wanna a track bike