Dirtbike Whoes...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 12:49 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light
Dirtbike Whoes...

Ok... I had put a new top end in my dirtbike (new gaskets, pistons, rings) about a week later im teaching this kid how to ride... i tell him not to shift gears, keep it in 1st, get use to riding; what does Billy Bad *** thats never riden do? Full throttle in first.... vibrating noise revlimiter style. I wave/nearly punch the kid down... and when he presses the kill switch I hear this wierd deep noise. I hop on and it makes this CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK as soon as it starts up... so loud I paniced and turned it off. Well... a bit before it had made the same style noise after I had wrecked.... I realised the clutch perch adjuster had gotten really loose so i tightened it up and all was good. Well now its tightend as usual... but still the same noise. So I figured my clutch had finally had its feel (it's always been sortof fruity) and some people said maybe a new clutch basket?, but then some other people are telling me he might of really ****ed up my topend. But it still has compression and as of a few weeks ago (i only started it twice after hearing that horrid noise) starts. I just don't really wanna start it again, cause it sounded horrid. Can anyone tell me what they think might be wrong?
Old 10-31-2003, 06:25 AM
go **** yourself

brian127 is an unknown quantity at this point
did u replace the wrist pin and wrist pin bearing. it wouldnt be your clutch more than likely if you hear a horrid noise as soon as you start it, more than likely. the safe thing to do would be to pull the cylendar off an dcheck stuff out. do u know how to check the lower end bearing if not pull up and down on the rod if there is any play u threw a bearing,
Old 11-22-2003, 04:46 PM

powershifta is an unknown quantity at this point
my friend threw a rod by doing that
Old 11-24-2003, 08:54 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
I'd pull the top end off and do some inspecting. Also, did you look at the oil? Look for chunks of metal
Old 11-25-2003, 06:33 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light
Yea... still all this time later havnt had time to do much more. There were chunks of metal around the crank, and the piston had deep scratches, although the cylinder wall was fine. So I'm guessing something down in the crank area is grinding, or... the piston didnt get worn in good and ****ed up?