CVBOYZ www.cvboyz.com From Vermont

Need Sponsor For Ramp

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 12:12 PM

redrizza is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Sponsor For Ramp

Alright guys, I need a sponsor for a ramp. Need to get some money together. Sponsors logo will be printed on ramp face. If noone is interested in sponsoring my freestyle ramp than how about a backflip ramp? If someone builds one, I'll learn it and pull it off. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2003, 12:18 PM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point
The "kids" over on exriders are saying that someone will be pulling the backflip in H6. True or False to your knowledge?
Old 07-22-2003, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by CVBz
The "kids" over on exriders are saying that someone will be pulling the backflip in H6. True or False to your knowledge?
I have no knowledge of that, but I don't see why the hell it wouldn't be in H6. It's about frickin time someone does it. I would odviously like to do it first, but I don't think I will have a ramp or natural terrain built in time to learn it and do it first. Who cares, even if I don't do it first, I'd still LOVE to do it.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:23 PM

It would deff further your career in the sport. Me personally, would practice on a BMX bike into water, then a mt bike onto a dirt landing, then the quad into water, then a ramp to dirt attempt. The dirtbikes still make my jaw drop when they do it and those rides are only 220lbs! Maybe you should wait for soft snow.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:26 PM

NAH - Snow is a good idea, but to have the ramp and landing all set up and for the snow to be perfect so I can get enough traction, but have a soft landing would just be almost impossible. It could workout but I would spend too much time relying on the weather conditions.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by redrizza
NAH - Snow is a good idea, but to have the ramp and landing all set up and for the snow to be perfect so I can get enough traction, but have a soft landing would just be almost impossible. It could workout but I would spend too much time relying on the weather conditions.
Not up here!!! Fly your quad out and we'll head up to Breckenridge ski resort. I was up there the other day doing some downhilling on the cannondale. The HUGE landing ramps from the kickers are still there! It's a 25ft tall landing ramp made of snow. If we set the ramp up before it... you'd have a nice dirt/grass runway leading up to it, with a soft snow landing.

Here's the pic you were thinking of.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bighead.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	26746  
Old 07-22-2003, 12:34 PM

NICE that looks cool. Cartoon big head no hander... haha Sounds like you have a good spot to pull it off. I would deff like to land on snow if I could... Just seems like a lot less chance of injury. Can you bring that snow over here and set it up?
Old 07-22-2003, 12:40 PM

NICE that looks cool. Cartoon big head no hander... haha Sounds like you have a good spot to pull it off. I would deff like to land on snow if I could... Just seems like a lot less chance of injury. Can you bring that snow over here and set it up?
I'm gonna need a couple coolers and a large Fridge truck. I'll see what I can do! Seriously, it would be perfect for the BF. The entire mt is bare right now and open to mt bikers for downhilling. Some of the half pipe is still there too. The snow landings are really huge though. You would have all the room you'd need to get your speed up and plenty of landing space for fack-ups. The landing is so large, I would imagine an 80ft flip if you had the *****. Then as soon as you touched down, power off the snow and back onto the grass... riding away as the first to pull a BF on a quad!
Old 07-22-2003, 12:56 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been wondering when this post was going to happen...knew it wasn't far away.

How about a sand landing ramp??? Would be sorta soft? And it's easier to come by in July than snow.

But seriously, the backflip would be off the hook, but it's VERY risky. Somebody that really knows there physics will need to have a hand in it to make sure you at least don't land upside down....man, I don't think I could ever try that.

-Josh
Old 07-22-2003, 01:02 PM

I have a 1.5 season degree in straight air physics and a bump on my head.... is that good enough?

Anyways... anybody know of any companies that would be willing to donate $200 twards a ramp? If I could get say 4-5 sponsors I'd be able to make this all happen very very soon.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:13 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 1.5 season degree in straight air physics and a bump on my head.... is that good enough?
Aha...that's cool then...now I wish that was the main problem cause it woulda been settled .

I'm guessing any place that sponsors it would want a guarentee that it will be done....If that's doable then maybe a few of the shops would be interested.

7 Dealers are sponsoring the ATV Clubs "ATV Pull" coming up....I'd say the first ever quad backflip is a tiny bit bigger than that so who knows what you could get from 'em.

-Josh
Old 07-22-2003, 01:41 PM

What ever happened to a gig at Land air with their jumps. Ya know... kinda like a show or something.???
Old 07-22-2003, 02:56 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
How about landing in foam blocks.. or packing peanuts.. jump it into a pool .. buy an old above ground pool that leaks .. set it up.. fill it and try that.. water will kill a motor.. sand will break **** so would snow more than likely!! just an idea ...
Old 07-22-2003, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by 99TILLER
How about landing in foam blocks.. or packing peanuts.. jump it into a pool .. buy an old above ground pool that leaks .. set it up.. fill it and try that.. water will kill a motor.. sand will break **** so would snow more than likely!! just an idea ...
A damn expensive and time consuming one at that.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:37 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
A damn expensive and time consuming one at that.
Jesus man trying to help out.. screw u ..im taking my ideas and leavin...

Booger face .....
Old 07-23-2003, 06:49 PM

Hazen is a decent person
It's definitoey doable. The pool idea is good but I don't know if it would be deep enough. Even if it was 8 billion packing peannuts would be hard to find.
****, do the pool after the ramp and I'll try it on the R6.

-Hazen
Old 07-26-2003, 07:37 AM

vtwoodrider is an unknown quantity at this point
if you can build the ramp and make the quad float i have the water spot. you can hit it in fifth pined if you have the nut. also ryan i might be down for putting in some fundage for a ramp..but no back flips.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by vtwoodrider
if you can build the ramp and make the quad float i have the water spot. you can hit it in fifth pined if you have the nut. also ryan i might be down for putting in some fundage for a ramp..but no back flips.

HOLY SHIAT!!!!! THE KID LIVES!!!! WHERE YA BEEN?
Old 07-26-2003, 09:38 AM

vtwoodrider is an unknown quantity at this point
i graduated college and moved home to the sticks. which means no dsl..and i am not dealing with dial up. its been rough i am going through withdrawls.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by vtwoodrider
i graduated college and moved home to the sticks. which means no dsl..and i am not dealing with dial up. its been rough i am going through withdrawls.
Well we're glad to see you back on the board. I see you've been doing some racing this year. How's that going? Any plans to stunt with the boyz? I think they're meeting today around 1pm.

Quick Reply: Need Sponsor For Ramp