PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: raptor 660 fs ft

why not girls?
Old 01-21-2006, 09:20 AM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PavementEater
why not girls?

Cause it's not the best stunt quad... that's why not.

But I would seriously consider buying a new Raptor 700 if I still lived in the Rocky mtns. Mainly because of the EFI that comes with the new model, but because the power to weight ratio on that new Raptor is sick! It's claimed to be the lightest sport quad yet!

However, I've heard too many complaints from fellow stunters about the raptor cutting out when the front end is in the air.

Good luck with your sale. It's a sick looking quad!
Old 01-21-2006, 09:39 AM

titan_vt is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks man,
yah i actually think that the 700 has the same dry weight as the 660. yup just checked 2lbs difference (according to yamaha) but efi does increase hp but i believe it also decreases torque (which can probably be made up within the 26cc difference MAYBE. havent ridden one but i am sure theyre badass.
if youve seen the articals about the sportsman efi and the sportsman carbed i think you will find the same results ( if you drag the two efi is slightly slower,depening on wheater contitions and altitude). that 700 is also about the same price as the yfz450 which is also a sweet bike and i think is the lightest production quad.
ohh, the biggest reason they say 700 is a better stunt quad is the suspension upgrades they gave it the same swing arm as the yfz (cast), better shocks, and one sweet set of bent tubular A-arms.
i guess ive done some research, i talk to my uncle a lot (owns senesac yamaha saint albans vt) too bad i dont want another one.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:20 AM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by titan_vt
i talk to my uncle a lot (owns senesac yamaha saint albans vt) too bad i dont want another one.

Is Jon your uncle? I've ridden motocross with some of the guys from Senesac on a track in Milton before. That shop is the place I always got my bikes inspected at because you walk in with all your info and walk out with a sticker to slap on the fork. Land Air likes you to bring the bike into their shop... they go over it with a fine tooth comb and anything wrong, they try to squeeze you out of you $$$ to make it right. Senesac never even took a look at my bikes to see if they had good rubber, chain guard, good brakes, ect. They would always just fill out the tag for me and let me go put it on the bike! Very, very nice guys at that shop!
Old 01-21-2006, 10:33 AM

titan_vt is an unknown quantity at this point

Mark owns it, his sons dont ride much but his brother and sons do, guy and i am not sure his sons names but guy can definitely ride...i think his boys work down at the 4X4 center and i have a shop right near there and permission to ride over by there
jay
Old 01-21-2006, 09:16 PM

Inasne-Dane is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: raptor 660 fs ft

I'm already there m8 :YEAH
Old 01-21-2006, 10:54 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by titan_vt
Mark owns it, his sons dont ride much but his brother and sons do, guy and i am not sure his sons names but guy can definitely ride...i think his boys work down at the 4X4 center and i have a shop right near there and permission to ride over by there
jay
I went over to Guy's house way back in the day when he lived in Sheldon right off of the rail trail. They had some crazy track in the hills behind their house...kinda crazy.