Core6 Photo Gallery
www.core6.net
www.TeachTrix.net
Boston, Massachusetts

Greenspan: Employment Will Begin to Grow

Old 03-11-2004, 11:36 AM

bigred875 is an unknown quantity at this point
Greenspan: Employment Will Begin to Grow

So does this mean Bush was right??? Can't be....must be conservative propaganda....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...i_ge/greenspan

Tell ya what Kerry has already peaked....esp. after his "open mic" incident. He is really gonna have to step it up.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:56 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

silent1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Greenspan: Employment Will Begin to Grow

Originally Posted by bigred875
So does this mean Bush was right??? Can't be....must be conservative propaganda....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...i_ge/greenspan

Tell ya what Kerry has already peaked....esp. after his "open mic" incident. He is really gonna have to step it up.
Sorry, Bush is still an idiot. I love when people talk about how the unemployment rate is going down. Newsflash: the unemployment rate went down because people got tired of looking for work. Say you have a total work force population of 100,000, and 6,000 of those are outta work. Unemployment rate is 6%. But now assume that 1000 of that 6000 people stop looking. Unemployment rate now drops to 5%. However, no new jobs were created.

While I'm at it, the unemployment rate will fall quickly as the baby boomers retire. Then we're screwed 'cuz we'll have all these old people retired on Social Security, and not enough people working to support it.

My brain is too big for my head.

BTW - where is manville?
Old 03-11-2004, 12:07 PM

Manville is in RI...next too Woonsocket RI and Cumberland.

I think you missed the point of that article..but anyways..

..and if you are out of a job and stop looking you an an idiot. People that do that are the ones who claim to be "under" employeed. In either case...that is your problem not the country's. If I lost my job I would have SOME sort of a job with in a week or 2..and it I couldn't find one the pays me what I make know I certainly wouldn't stomp my feet and cry that I can't find a job. I would get 2 or 3 jobs "lesser" jobs to make up the difference until I find the job I want.

...but that is another topic all together....work ethic in america is in the toilet.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:14 PM

People stop looking for work for a number of reasons.... going back to school is a big reason. I read the article, and I agree that the economy is starting to recover. It was expected... recessions ebb and flow, and they don't last forever. What helps it last as long is the lack of consumer confidence. If the public isn't convinced, no one is gonna buy anything, which basically drags the economy back down again.

You coming down here for the St Patty's Day parade on Saturday? It's gonna be off the meter! Drinking starts at 8am and lasts til you pass out. :YEAH
Old 03-11-2004, 12:21 PM

this SAT.?? or next? Either sounds cool...where?
Old 03-11-2004, 02:09 PM

superchicken is an unknown quantity at this point

am I on the worng message board? I come here to avaoid the real world.....
Old 03-11-2004, 02:17 PM

ftrain is a decent person

PRO BUSH PRO BUSH
Silent1 you are silly. Bush had to fix the Clinton hicup first and then he will be able to work on his own plan. You keep forgetting the Bush was given this economy and did not create it.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:51 PM

Mike, what are you doing this weekend? I'll come over and help you pull Bush's ***** outta your mouth.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:06 PM

ChrisNoF4i is a decent person

Originally Posted by superchicken
am I on the wrong message board? I come here to avoid the real world....
Oh, you must be lost. The Reckless Methods forum is over here.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:19 PM

GixxerRydin2K2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bush inherrited this economy the same way Clinton did from H.W. Bush.

With todays globalized markets and the spread of capitalism throughout the world, the effect the president has on the economy is far less than what it was years ago. (let alone the fed. chairman has more power than the president)

The reason we are in a slump right now is due to things that happened overseas, not because of what clinton or bush did.

If you want to trace everything back to where the problem started, you go back to 1997 in south east asia, more specifically malaysia (singapore). They had a booming economy where everyone and anyone was making big dough, high rises were going up everywhere. But, do to the over-evaluation of the "baht" (their money) the value of there dollar crashed essentially shutting everything down and sending shockwaves through all of asia. next it was south korea that tanked, which we had to bail them out. Then in 1998 Russia eventually defaulted on its loans due to its currency being over speculated (corruption helped this). This all spead from asia into europe and what i think more importantly south america. Where Argintina first tanked and then finally Brazil.

After 3 or 4 years of this the wheels were set in motion for this economic slump to happen in the US. Banks, mutual funds and privite investors lost billions of dollars because of this (fleet boston lost something like $60 million alone in brazil).

So, with all this ****, plus 9/11 and the war you really cant blame one person for why the economy is taking a long time to recover, its just how the system works and is part of this wonderful thing we love and cherish, capitalism.

sorry for the rant,
John
Old 03-12-2004, 10:40 AM

The deficit is a result of what is going on over seas.

The economy is another story Clinton did nothing but bring the economy down throughout his 8 years. Bush Sr. was only there 4 years Clinton was there 8.

Look at the dot.coms then Erons and all other these other groups. The Dems want to blame W for this but their hay day was during the Clinton administration. Just another mess that W has to pick up after Clinton.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:38 PM

ChrisNoF4i is a decent person

In other political news:

I just got an email from Congressman Jeb Bradley.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:30 PM

ftrain is a decent person

Pro Bush! Cameron should fall out his window and land in the water and Brian should go back to mexico.

Chris can you get back to work and see what I need to do for my house to be considered a farm? You thinkthe pot-belly pig will do the trick or am I going to need a lamma? I need tax write-offs and government funding. We are going to be the next Tyco presidents!!!
Old 04-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone catch the Kennedy conference speech last night?
Old 04-06-2004, 03:43 PM

no...musta been stunning though. Did you?
Old 04-06-2004, 04:15 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

GixxerRydin2K2 has a lot of good points here. Not to keep going, but the economy has a lot more things involved than just the unemployment rate. This is a great economy for buyers (interest rates) and consumers alike. As for the president having anything to do with the economy in the first 2-3 years of his term, that is impossible. The economic impact of a president takes years to be known. Reaganomic (anyone old enough for that) had a lot to do with Bush senior and even more to do with the early stages of Clinton first term. While we're talking about bail outs, don't forget NAFTA.
Well, it's a blistering 48 degrees out, I'm grabbing the sunblock n shorts and I'm going riding. Atleast thats something that I can control..........well sometimes.