Core6 Photo Gallery
www.core6.net
www.TeachTrix.net
Boston, Massachusetts
View Poll Results: Do you agree with the recent crackdown on show like Howard Stern
Yes, it is about time we stop subjecting younger kids to this
23.81%
No, Radio Airways should be "anything goes"
76.19%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Do you agree with the crackdown on shows like Howard Stern?

Old 03-08-2004, 05:16 PM

ftrain is a decent person
Re: Do you agree with the crackdown on shows like Howard Stern?

The FCC is much more then a place that enforces laws. That is maybe 5% of what they do each year. What I am taking a strong objective about is how you are tying the Howard Stern show to the FCC. Then tying the FCC to the Bush Admin. This has nothing todo with Bush and nothing todo with the FCC. This is about the Howard Stern Show and Clear Channel. I am not sure if any of you are aware but the REAL reason for Clean Channel dropping the Stern is that the show has been droping in rating over the last few years. As Americans become more educated they tend to listen to that type of crap less.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike, the Howard Stern show is owned and operated by Infinity Broadcasting. Infinity is owned by Viacom, not Clear Channel Entertainment. The Howard Stern show is syndicated through Clear Channel and C.C. owns stations in 6 US markets. Howard has no ties with Clear Channel other than through syndication.

Now, Clear Channel has basically decided to terminate Infinity's broadcast (The H.S. Show). What Clear Channel has done is basically "wimped out" due to the sudden new interest in FCC regulations.... all this stems from the Superbowl Half Time incident. And now that the FCC has institutionalize a "zero tolerance" rule, Clear Channel is basically playing it safe. That is FINE. But, what you don't realize is that at ANY TIME if the FCC decides Clear Channel (or any other Co.) is broadcasting indecent material, not only can they fine the respected company but also control / terminate the possibility of purchasing additional radio stations. Yeah that right, the FCC regulates and approves radio station purchases / ownership too. Now, if a company disagrees with an FCC fine and decides to appeal it, it goes to court. In court "we the people" decide but in the meantime, the FCC will make it near impossible for your company to further operate. Taking the FCC to court is like shooting your own foot off. Imagine getting a ticket and not being able to fight it.... and if you decide to fight it, the cops will wait for you at the end of your street everyday.

I think the real issue here is "we the people" have no control over what the FCC considers decent. We have no control over the FCC as an organization. We do not appoint or elect the head of the FCC... Yet the FCC's job is to represent the US Citizen and what the US Citizen deems standard for decent / indecent. Do you get what I'm saying here?

And yes, you mentioned the Police, Mike..... This is very much like the Police. The FCC is the Police of Public Broadcast. The problem is "we the people" elect people who make Laws in this country. Every Law is voted on "by the people". Each Law is passed through Congress (which we elect) and we decide as a WHOLE Community what is right & wrong. We decide what SHOULD and SHOULDN'T be a considered a LAW. The Police just enforce it. Imagine if the Police made the Laws & enforced them without consulting the people... that is what we're talking about here. The FCC decides and enforces with no regulations.

Brian

PS. For the record, Howard never once violated FCC rules and regulations. If so, give me an example.

Last edited by Brian_C6; 03-08-2004 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:46 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

silent1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The incident that ignited this forest fire of retardedness was a comment made by one of the callers. He made very nasty remarks about black people, and dropped a few n-bombs. I don't find it offensive at all... I actually think it's funny that people are that ignorant in this day and age.

Nonetheless, right after the Super Bowl, everyone started picking apart his show, and someone heard the comment and complained. As Brian said, Howard didn't say it, and actually warns people constantly not to say any of those 7 bad words (including some of the people on the show). The material hasn't really changed in years (I've been listening since 1998), and it's all been blown outta proportion because Janet had a titty pop out.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Funny because I didn't think it was the N-word.... I thought it was when someone asked Rick Solomon if Paris Hilton was into ****. I dunno.

Brian

PS. Wouldn't surprise me if the Hilton Family pulled some strings.... they're pissed at Howard and Rick to begin with.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:06 PM

GixxerRydin2K2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brian_C6
Funny because I didn't think it was the N-word.... I thought it was when someone asked Rick Solomon if Paris Hilton was into ****. I dunno.

Brian
That was a great interview!!

today they had on the guy who runs the kkk, and he was dropping the N-word all over the place, so i dont think theres a problem with that. You can tell by the way howard and others speak when giving interviews to guys like this, they're very cautious with what they say and never use the N-word with an R at the end.

john
Old 03-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Originally Posted by GixxerRydin2K2
That was a great interview!!

today they had on the guy who runs the kkk, and he was dropping the N-word all over the place, so i dont think theres a problem with that. You can tell by the way howard and others speak when giving interviews to guys like this, they're very cautious with what they say and never use the N-word with an R at the end.

john
Yes, saying the N-word is very politically incorrect and offensive (to certain people).... but it isn't illegal to say. 1st Amendment. Someone saying the N-word posses no volation against any FCC regulation. I would think it was the **** Sex part of the conversation that was deemed offensive. Although, Howard talks about **** sex daily. LMAO!!!

Brian
Old 03-09-2004, 08:38 AM

silent1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The sad part is that show Loveline is being aired over the radio in LA and other places, and 12 year old kids can find out about **** on that show just like they can on Howard's show.

I hate double standards.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:39 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brian_C6

How about being a f u c k i n g parent and telling your kids to stop listening to it. Or change the damn dial if you don't like it.

Brian

AB-SO-FAKIN Loootley!!!!! That is the quote of the Day. BRavo. :YEAH
Old 03-11-2004, 07:34 AM

LewisKA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ftrain
:YEAH I think it is about time we start getting these **** shows off our public airways so younger kids are not subjected to it.
If you don't want your kids listening to it then pay attention to what they do like a responsible parent. Besides its not like they are just going to turn on the radio and it be on. It's not even on the regular local channels, you have to look for it. It's also not on at times where kids would be likely to hear it.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:38 AM

bigred875 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think the gov't should step in...I think they should censor themselves. But they won't so here we are.......

....and I do vote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:40 AM

"How about being a f u c k i n g parent and telling your kids to stop listening to it. Or change the damn dial if you don't like it. "

I agree 100% But the parents aren't ther 24x7...like in the Walkman waiting for the school bus. It takes a community to raise children. It kinda like blaming the president for everything little thing that goes wrong in the country.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Had a discussion about this thread with my girlfriend the other day. It's sorta like when you were a kid and you found an adult magazine. Or when you did something you KNOW you weren't suppose to do. By doing these things, you learn..... You almost learn the difference between what is Right and what is Wrong by experience. Humans learn best through experience.... and finding an adult magazine is anything but hurtful but it's still an experience you remember and you realize, Hey, I'm not suppose to be doing this. And you know you're not suppose to ride your pedal bike way down the street (so far that Mom can't see you). It's these small feelings of independence and small introductions of becoming an adult. It helps you grow, to know, to learn. It's really difficult to explain but think of this.... You remember when they were thinking about outlawing those child walkers because some kids were falling down stairs, etc? Or how about child safety features on the dumbest things? As a society we are protecting ourselves (and our youth) from these small things that matter. It's like we're sheltering ourselves from danger. We become so comfortable that we lose sight of the extremes, ya know? Like, a child grows up and never learns that there is some **** out there that could harm him. Here he is growing up with this feeling of invincibility and he gets behind the wheel of a car at 16. The thought of him actually hurting himself or putting himself in danger won't cross his mind. Why you ask? Because he's never needed to worry about it before.... the government has and "protected" him. It's a pure case of parental laziness and being raised a sheltered, inexperienced childhood. I dunno... I just feel like we're constantly finding ways to protect, shelter, and avoid the bad things. We're becoming lazier and lazier as a society and when the **** hits the fan, we blame corporate America for what we're "exposed" to everyday. No one (no parent) wants to take the blame for being lazy and not putting time in to teach the damn youth.... DON'T AVOID IT.... TEACH IT!!

Listen, you don't want your kids listening to Stern, then teach them NOT TO LISTEN. Don't let some god awful "Big Brother" organization do the dirty work for you. Someday you won't have these choices because everything will be decided by the government.... and not by you..... then we'll be wondering what happened to "Freedom".

Long rant... LOL!

Brian

Last edited by Brian_C6; 03-11-2004 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:25 AM

Excellent point Brian!!! Very true. But I think Howard could tone it down a little(censor himself). I'm not talking about the **** talk and when a caller drops the n bomb. I'm talking about the really gross stuff...I think he can do better then that and is just being lazy. Going to the shock value instead of entertainment. But regardless he has done nothing to warrant being kicked off the air.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Originally Posted by bigred875
Excellent point Brian!!! Very true. But I think Howard could tone it down a little(censor himself). I'm not talking about the **** talk and when a caller drops the n bomb. I'm talking about the really gross stuff...I think he can do better then that and is just being lazy. Going to the shock value instead of entertainment. But regardless he has done nothing to warrant being kicked off the air.
Just out of curiosity.... is there anyway you could give me an example of over the top stuff you're talking about? Because I personally think broadcasting the N-word, **** Sex, Masturbation, etc. is about as extreme as he gets.

Give me an example. And also, do you listen to Howard?

Brian
Old 03-11-2004, 10:42 AM

Sure I'll try... IMO like when he had a guy on there trying to fart 1000 times in an hour and a girl queffing(sp?) 1000 times in an hour. Things like that and some of the things he makes Jeff the Drunk do and the mentally handicaped people he has on there. I just feel that sometimes he goes a little too far....not all the time and not often, but once in a while he goes just a little over board. Like I said before though, he shouldn't be booted for any of this...

Yes I do listen to him I think his show is great...funny as hell...well I did up until last week. I can only hear that president Bush has a personally vendetta against him so much....talk about an ego.

He is a very smart, talented guy and does his job very well.....but when he talks about politics he is an idiot. And he admits this....but that is all that is on the show these days. I flip back and forth between AAF and Stern in the mornings on my way to work. Lately it has been locked on AAF.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

yeah. same here. I've actually stopped listening this week. He can be an idiot and I can't stand when he talks politics over and over and over again. I think it's funny he talks about how modest he is yet 90% of the time he talks like he runs the country. It's funny but I like hot chicks and lesbian experience. It was something I didn't hear when I was kid so I enjoy it now. LMAO!!!

Brian
Old 03-11-2004, 11:15 AM

ChrisNoF4i is a decent person

Manville sounds like a cool place to live.

Where you from?
I'm from Manville Bee-yatch!!

Last edited by ChrisNoF4i; 03-11-2004 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Drugs
Old 03-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

I know a place called Mantown. Here is the website....

www.geocities.com/stormrider732

Some of you might know a few of those ladies. One of them is a waitress at the 99's in Billerica.

Brian
Old 03-11-2004, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisF4i
Manville sounds like a cool place to live.
obviously you've neva been there... it ain't even it's own town. For some reason they split Lincoln RI into 5 different ...towns or something..pretty weird.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:43 AM

ChrisNoF4i is a decent person

I was in Manville one time. At some gun range. Guns in MANville! Yeeee-haw!

Quick Reply: Do you agree with the crackdown on shows like Howard Stern?