Core6 Photo Gallery
www.core6.net
www.TeachTrix.net
Boston, Massachusetts

Argo's Blows

Old 02-19-2004, 03:15 PM

h2orat is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Argo's Blows

I have dealt with Argos for many years and have bought bikes and parts from them and have always been treated extremely good I think their prices are fair and they have great customer service
Old 02-19-2004, 05:20 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

silent1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brian_C6
salvage titles aren't worthless.... they just aren't clean.

A salvage bike that has been restored is completely legit. You can register them too. I don't see the big deal.

My $.02

Brian
I don't think registering it legitly is the issue. I think the big deal is that the value drops by more than half once a bike gets a salvage title. Doesn't mean that the bike is junk. If you want a bike for a track-ho or a stunter bike, then it shouldn't be a big deal.

A month ago, I came across a deal on an 01 Audi S4. Mint condition, low miles, and only $20K. I got a diagnostic done at Audi and it came back clean. But before I signed, I did a quick Carfax on it and it had a salvaged title. From what I understand, it got stolen in NY state and was recovered intact. I had to walk away after that... not because it isn't a good car, but because I'd get next to nothing for it when I was ready to sell it.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:16 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

good point...a salvage bike is worth about 70% of the book value, no matter how minty it is....

i know from experience, i had an '01 gixxer that was clean title, even when i registered it...got stolen and when the ins. co did a check it was salvage and i only got 70% of the book vaule even though the bike was mint...

still good deals to be had if you say the magic words::::::"Teach told me to come here!"

lata!

teach
Old 02-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point

if people weren't so **** about it, it wouldn't be a big deal. I still don't understand... if the car checks out fine, meaning you've had it inspected, looked over for broken equipment, missing equipment, bent frame, stolen, etc. and the car is in completely perfect condition, then why would you walk about from that deal? So the car will be worth probably $3,000 instead of $4,000 4 years from now when you decide to sell its.... if you ask me, it beats paying 30K over 20K for the same car. You're saving tons of money.

Just my $.02.

Brian
Old 02-20-2004, 09:47 AM

Here's the problem, Bri. What if I get into an accident and total it? Or what if it gets stolen again? Since it already has a salvage title, this gives the insurance company a ton of room to f*ck you over. Just because I have the car insured for $20K doesn't mean that they are obligated to pay that amount if and when its stolen or totaled. And I simply didn't want the hassel of trying to deal with that.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:52 AM

ftrain is a decent person

Originally Posted by silent1
Here's the problem, Bri. What if I get into an accident and total it? Or what if it gets stolen again? Since it already has a salvage title, this gives the insurance company a ton of room to f*ck you over. Just because I have the car insured for $20K doesn't mean that they are obligated to pay that amount if and when its stolen or totaled. And I simply didn't want the hassel of trying to deal with that.
And we all know how motorcycles flipping down the road are attracted to Cameron.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:35 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

true. very true. it's like save $$ now and pay later if something happens type deal. I know why people are **** about but it's a big chain of events. Not only do people shy away but insurance companies shy away too. It's a weird situation... I know.

Brian
Old 02-20-2004, 10:44 AM

How's the TL, btw? I love what they've done to it. I'm thinking I'll end up with a WRX once I get my profit sharing bonus next month.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:10 AM

skiierx is an unknown quantity at this point

How's the TL, btw? I love what they've done to it. I'm thinking I'll end up with a WRX once I get my profit sharing bonus next month.

Cam, my stepdad bought the new 04 TL! What a sweet ride that is! That thing loves to be driven and can handle anything you throw at it!

Good move on walking away from the S4, great car but you are right the insurance co. will bang you in the rear if something happens to it!

The WRX is a great car but a little small inside!

Jamie
Old 02-20-2004, 11:13 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

I won't even trade a salvage car here. They are like a AIDS granade @ the auction - everyone runs.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Cam, the TL is awesome. Even the old style handles insane. The Type S has different suspension, rims, ride height, cabin room area, motor, etc..... it's basically a whole different car.

I spent about 6 hours last night putting my system in it last night so now it bumps nice. The new one is really really nice but it's small..... like too small for me. I was almost ready to buy one until I went and physically looked at it. I saw the new TL next to the old Type S and I seriously liked the old version better. The interior is nicer, bigger, and the car was almost $13,000 more. I couldn't see paying all that much for nothing more than new styling. The new TL has 270hp but the Type S has 265hp. They basically took the old Type S and made it standard. They aren't offering a Type S in the new style either. The regular old TL-P sucks.

Brian

PS. Also, in the showroom they had the new TL sitting next to the new TSX and it was the same car. I'm serious.... SAME CAR!!

Last edited by Brian_C6; 02-20-2004 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:26 AM

Oh, so you got the older version? Cool... rock on. :YEAH

Jamie, the WRX looks smaller than it really is. For 2 passengers, there's more than enough room. After that, it's not bad for short trips, as long as back seat passengers are short. The only thing that sucks is that I'd have to get a rack for the snowboard since the rear seats don't fold down (just the middle hump) and it won't fit in the back seat.

Not only that, but it can be made into a wicked track car for short money. Plus it's got AWD so I can drive all year long.

Last edited by silent1; 02-20-2004 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

yeah, with navigation. Car has everything. love it
Old 02-20-2004, 11:43 AM

skiierx is an unknown quantity at this point

Jamie, the WRX looks smaller than it really is. For 2 passengers, there's more than enough room. After that, it's not bad for short trips, as long as back seat passengers are short. The only thing that sucks is that I'd have to get a rack for the snowboard since the rear seats don't fold down (just the middle hump) and it won't fit in the back seat.

Not only that, but it can be made into a wicked track car for short money. Plus it's got AWD so I can drive all year long.

Cam, I love the wrx and I test drove and almost bought one before I got the Saab. That car is very nice but it was smaller than what I wanted. I hear ya though, it is perfect for ya. You will love it!

Bri, I love the old type-S and yes it is very similar to the new one power wise. I think you made a great decision on your ride! My stepdad grabbed his for a little over 29K and they gave him 12k for his 00 accord. He made out and the DVDA system in there rocks! As for handling they are both very close.

Jamie
Old 02-20-2004, 07:12 PM

nastytls is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1000ceecee
I won't even trade a salvage car here. They are like a AIDS granade @ the auction - everyone runs.

My point exactly.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:23 AM

ryanaka99cents is an unknown quantity at this point

No one else here mentioned this so I'm gonna.

Why worry about resale value or trade in value by buying a salvaged bike you're more than likely gonna stunt and beat the ever living hell out of anyway. CHRIST PEOPLE I'm lmfao at this. I'm sorry but if I hit up Teach to help me out with getting another bike from Argo's I'm not going to be worried about how much I can sell it for once I'm done with it.

Keep promoting them Teach, Happy Birthday Brian, and I can't wait to meet you guys this summer at OPS :YEAH keep it real.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:03 PM

verticaldave is an unknown quantity at this point

what do you have for ducati parts i might need some
Old 02-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

lemme know what you need...if it is bodywork, i doubt anything will be mint...

i forgot that you are a junkbox lover and ride a duck, are you going to buy a harley now that you are all old and married!!!! lol

later,
teach
Old 02-24-2004, 06:39 PM

koffee is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I sold it all. the plastics were mint too!!!!

Quick Reply: Argo's Blows