Core6 Photo Gallery
www.core6.net
www.TeachTrix.net
Boston, Massachusetts

And you thought it was cold outside YOUR house last night....

Old 01-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
And you thought it was cold outside YOUR house last night....

Like most New Englanders you know last night was cold... DAMN COLD!! I woke up to -10 degrees and needless to say, my auto starter wasn't happy. Thank god my lovely girlfriend bought it for me . I also installed a pipe heater so my pipes wouldn't freeze. It's unbelievable that it was 40 degrees yesterday and -40 (windchill) today. Amazing how things can change in 12 hours around here.... and Friday is going to be even colder. God... I love this state.

In the meantime, read this little diary excerpt from the people on Mount Washington written last night. this is taken from http://www.mountwashington.org...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
03:12 AM Wed Jan 14, 2004 EST
Over the years there have been many tales of "The Presence" here on the summit of Mount Washington. Tonight, rather then snickering at these stories, I became a believer. As we were passing food around the dinner table, we heard the tower door open, and then shut. OK, so the winds which are gusting to over 100 MPH generated enough force to open the door that always latches shut. I'll buy it. What I don't buy though, is how thirty seconds later, the "wind" turned the TV on to watch the evening news. At this time we were all stuffing our faces, and it wasn't Nin because he was watching us from the heater, while wishing he was stuffing his face. The only theory is that when the temperature drops lower then forty degrees below zero Celsius or Fahrenheit, it just becomes too much for the presence to handle, so it pays us a visit. We'll accept this though, because the presence is earning its stay. Liz and I both heard someone de-icing the tower for us... yikes!

The weather outside is unreal. Working in temperatures 73 degrees below freezing is one thing, but couple that with the wind, and it has the potential to be a dangerous experience. The wind chill value is approaching 100 degrees below zero. Please don't pay us a visit over the next few days. Conditions do not get much more extreme up here, or anywhere in the world then they are right now.

What I find most amazing about this cold air, is that not only did we break a record low for the date when we hit -41 degrees... we shattered the old record of -28 which has stood since 1941!

NOW THAT'S COLD!!!

Lata,
Bri
Old 01-14-2004, 11:41 AM

superchicken is an unknown quantity at this point
up here in the sticks the forcast with wind chill is 50 below for tonight.

but -100, that's just nuts
Old 01-14-2004, 12:00 PM

Gixxer_Princess is an unknown quantity at this point
That is just insane...God I hate the cold
Old 01-14-2004, 02:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

silent1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup, I really wonder what the f*ck I was thinking when I took this job over the one in LA...
Old 01-14-2004, 04:39 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person
Those stories are true, my grandfather built a building up there after WWII and a lot of wierd $hit happens up there. 3rd worst recorded weather in the world is up there.