Boston, Massachusetts

Anyone hear this?

Old 05-17-2003, 08:01 PM

sean-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone hear this?

I seen this on the channel 5 website.

Motorcyclists Could Lose Helmets Under New Law
Bill Would Make Wearing Helmets Optional For Motorcyclists Over 21

BOSTON -- Motorcyclists over 21 would have the option to ride without helmets under a bill that won the approval of a key legislative panel Thursday.

The bill would make wearing a helmet optional for motorcyclists over 21, but require them for younger drivers and passengers. Currently, all adult motorcyclists are required to wear helmets.

The bill was approved by the Public Safety Committee by an 8-2 vote. The recommendation now heads to the Senate Ways and Means Committee.

The bill needs the approval of the House and Senate and Gov. Mitt Romney's before becoming law.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:26 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future
I haven't heard anything about it. But I wouldn't be surprised. A lot of states are lifting the ban. Florida did it a couple years ago. In Maine if you are over 14 you don't have to wear a helmet.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:29 AM

SICK02R6 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that's cool to have the option. I know I'd surely be dain bramaged if I didn't have mine on during my loop though. So I have a feeling I'd still wear it most of the time.

I still say it's awesome MA is catching up to most of the other states with this finally.
JMO
k-man
Old 05-18-2003, 09:36 AM

GixxerRydin2K2 is an unknown quantity at this point
good idea, kinda funny however when they're writing $50 tickets for people not wearing seatbelts
Old 05-18-2003, 08:58 PM

h2orat is an unknown quantity at this point
helmet is a must

anyone who rides with out one is a fool this is the golden rule and should not be broken
Old 05-19-2003, 08:12 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jimmyjammer is an unknown quantity at this point
I aint seen nuttin bout it

I say let those who ride decide
Old 05-19-2003, 09:16 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, seriously though John..... that goes to show you how twisted our state is. $50 law for no seatbelt but then lift the helmet law. Go figure.

As everyone knows.... or should know, I'm PRO-helmet. I do however agree with the idea of a choice. After all, we do live in America and if we choice to be an idiot.... then we have the right to be an idiot. The seatbelt law just outright ****'s me off, BTW.

Lata,
Bri
Old 05-19-2003, 01:56 PM

hooligan is an unknown quantity at this point
well said bri.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:17 PM

hessogood is an unknown quantity at this point
Let those that ride decide. I used to putt around town with no helmet and now I won't move my bike in my driveway without one. If this goes through it'll be just like NH, no big difference for most of us since, just about everyone I know from the board always wears a helmet. Let darwinism take care of the rest, you won't see me stopping to put pressure on any head wounds for some jackass that doesn't want to mess up his hair, but want's to do wheelies with his girl on back on the highway.

Note: major referance to yesterdays ride, could tell all the kids that just got a bike and just learned to ride, they were the ones with no helmets and tank tops on doing 15 MPH through the corners at the kancas'
Old 05-19-2003, 02:33 PM

ChrisNoF4i is a decent person
Being a new resident in the Live Free and/or Die state, I do find it shocking how many people I see riding around sans helmet. Not just on backroads, but zipping along the highway at speeds approaching 3 digits. It baffles me to see this.
Now I am no lid-stickler, and I do putt around (say, at the beach) without a helmet when it's fawkin' hott out. But these people that refuse to wear helmets no matter where they are or what they are doing simply amaze me. I oppose all laws that restrict people's freedom of choice, but I will not rebel against politics by having my head squished like a melon.

NOTE: "pretty boys" and "pretty girls" riding motorcycles on the Kanc make me giggle underneath my helmet.

Last edited by ChrisNoF4i; 05-19-2003 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:39 PM

jimmyjammer is an unknown quantity at this point
LIVE FREE OR DIE

NH's Moto.

I am PRO-Helmet. But that ocassional non-helmet ride to the store just has that free feeling to it. It's cool once in a while but if your going out to rip it up then by all means protect the squash. Plus it's much more comfortable of a ride on the highway and at speeds with a Helmet on.

Now these "I'm to cool for a Helmet" types.............Yeah Whateva!!!!!

Closed casket funerals cost less!!!!

KB
Old 05-19-2003, 04:44 PM

pack of q tips is an unknown quantity at this point
yea the seat belt law sucks
and since i only have like one summer of riding i think i'll keep my helmet on