Core6 Photo Gallery
www.core6.net
www.TeachTrix.net
Boston, Massachusetts

Ghetto Brawls

Old 05-15-2003, 02:19 PM

ftrain is a decent person
I need all of my channels also. I will take a look at what you have and go from there. The fastest way is to take a trip to Lawrence and buy an analog descrambler. I am sure we can get something working for you though. When it comes to electrical I usually can fix things most things that break. Unless you’re my friend who dropped off a cable box which the PCB was cracked in half.

The sat boxes are the best. All you need is a programmer and you are all set. In Canada it is legal and you can buy them over the Internet from them. There is a law in the US which does not allow you to use boxes to receive free cable but there is not law in Canada. So everyone up there has free satellite cable. My friend has been getting free cable for years. All he does is reprogram his card when his “fake money” runs out. Of course you better not plug in the phone cable because you will be caught.

The Cable Company can catch you if you do not block the upstream freq. That is what the filter that Brian showed does. It allows you to receive cable but blocks your box from transmitting back to the headend. It is this transmission that tells the company what you are watching. The only part I am not sure of is why would a cable box unscramble a channel without a conformation that your account is valid from the cable company??? If you block this upstream traffic then you will not be able to confirm your account.

I want no no channels!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 03:04 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Explain this one.....

So I order Digital Cable and some boob comes to my house (from Comcast / ATT. I guess he is suppose to remove all the analog boxes and install the new Motorola Digital ones when you purchase the digital cable upgrade. So he calls the Cable Company and tells them "all set" and leaves. He marked down that all analog boxes were returned and left..... I guess the guy was in such a rush to leave my house (he had a plane to catch) that he forgot one analog box downstairs. No big deal because I turn that TV on later that night and BAMM!!.... all the stations!!! So being the good samaritan that I am I didn't bother calling the cable company or saying a word to anyone in the house and enjoyed the free channels for about 6 months. Then 1 day I turned on my TV and the channels were gone...... like all of them. The channel wouldn't change. Like channel 5 was on every single channel. WTF

My question is, how come all the sudden I received the channels? And why all the sudden does it not work?

Lata,
Bri
Old 05-15-2003, 03:18 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ChrisNoF4i is a decent person
If I were you guys (and thank God I'm not), I would watch what I say on these boards. I heard that the cable company has people browsing these boards to crack down on cable-theft.
I just don't want to see any of you guys get fined and/or imprisoned.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:58 AM

That is strange about getting all the channals and now it is stuck on Ch 5???
I get you free **** do I get your bike???
Old 05-16-2003, 10:37 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
I had my DSS set up in the fall - come spring i coudln't get any signal or chanels. Till i went out one day, even put a new dish on. then looked @ the direct path of the dish. right into the tree's w/ mad leafs on em. Doh'.

they have those cards you can put in ur DSS system - but they go bad after just a few weeks now and cost mad loot. My luck is that i'd get caught & get fined like 25,000.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:55 AM

The cards vary in the length from a week to a month. My friend just got a new source and has not had to reprogram his in over a month. It all depends on whose card you are burning. You can buy the burner yourself and just burn it or there are some monthly plans I know of and for $20 a month you can get your card reprogrammed as much as you want.

On the dish install topic. I dated a girl who would always asked me to do tons of work around her parent’s house. I spent one weekend building a shed for them and was so tired. The asked me to install a dish later that night. I was so mad and was ready to break up with her that I must have drilled 30 holes into the roof when installed the dish. I made sure the majority of the holes were just above her bed.