www.core6.net
www.TeachTrix.net
Boston, Massachusetts

What to do...????

Old 03-14-2005, 10:56 PM

Bender is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What to do...????

My DO BOTH!

Do you want to stunt or just have a nice bike to ride?

what do you need the Truck for?
work?

can you get a cheap cheap like $1500 Truck that will do the job for like 12 months, then when you have been working you will have saved enough to buy a better truck later.

Then with your left over $3500, buy an older Blade, get your stunts sorted, then buy a new bike once you have totaled that, which I gaurentee won't take long if you start stunting it....

Oh and fk insurence get a bigger padlock, Hang on you people live in the States just get a gun.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:19 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

hessogood is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrrisk91276
When I was 14, I went into the local bicycle shop to buy a mountain bike, it was like $300, I brought cash and picked out a bike, they had to call my mother at work to get her okay, they mentioned that recently they sold a bike to a kid and his parents came back with him and made him return it, they mentioned that since he was under 18 they weren't supposed to sell it to him...So now I sell cars, went to go and sell a car to a kid that was either 16 or 17, I forget, the mgr said we couldn't sell it to him since it would be an invalid contract, minors can't sign contracts, so they had to put it under his parents name, this was a while ago, perhaps things have changed or perhaps he was mistaken..hmmm...
He was mistaken, and the bicycle incident was the stores decision to avoid the hassel, not law. Making a cash purchase is not a contract. US currency is legal tender here, refusal to sell an item because of age could even be taken as far as to be discrimination. Business law 101.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:46 AM

ChrisNoF4i is a decent person

Originally Posted by mrrisk91276
When I was 14, I went into the local bicycle shop to buy a mountain bike, it was like $300, I brought cash and picked out a bike, they had to call my mother at work to get her okay, they mentioned that recently they sold a bike to a kid and his parents came back with him and made him return it, they mentioned that since he was under 18 they weren't supposed to sell it to him...So now I sell cars, went to go and sell a car to a kid that was either 16 or 17, I forget, the mgr said we couldn't sell it to him since it would be an invalid contract, minors can't sign contracts, so they had to put it under his parents name, this was a while ago, perhaps things have changed or perhaps he was mistaken..hmmm...
Originally Posted by hessogood
He was mistaken, and the bicycle incident was the stores decision to avoid the hassel, not law. Making a cash purchase is not a contract. US currency is legal tender here, refusal to sell an item because of age could even be taken as far as to be discrimination. Business law 101.
Hmmmm.... I think you're both incorrect.
A minor CAN sign contracts. But they can also void any contract for any reason up until they reach the age of majority (18 in most states). So they can buy a $300 bicycle, ride it for a few weeks and then bring it back to the bike store and say, "This bike is wiggitty-whack! Give me my money back!" And the bike store can't do **** about it because he's a minor.
On the same token, a young man named Kyle could go to a motorcycle dealer and buy a shiny motorcycle. He could take it out to a parking lot, beat the ever-loving **** out of it... scrape the tail, burn the tire off, crack the case cover, blow up the radiator, take a **** in the gas tank... and then bring it back to the dealer and say, "This bike is wiggitty-whack! Give me my money back!" As long as he returns what's left of the bike, he can void the contract.
It's a huge risk for retailers to sell big-ticket items to minors, so they can certainly adopt a policy of not doing so. This is America Jay, any privately-owned company can refuse to sell or perform service for any customer for any reason. You can walk into a store, try to buy a pack of gum and the Chinese storekeeper can say "You ugly, me no make gum sale for you. You go now!" It's not good PR, and it's not good business sense - but it's certainly within their legal rights to do so.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

i havent read any of this, but at Naults, we can get in BIG trouble and acutally lose the dealership if we sell ATV's to kids under 16...as a matter of fact we CANT even sell atv's to parents IF they make ANY mention of buying the atv for someone under 16. poeple have sued successfully over thjis matter and it is such a big deal that honda will send reps incognito to try and buy atv's for their "kids who are 14 but very big and need a 250cc machine"...the only quad for kids is the 90cc.

sucks and is bs, but that is something to thihnka bout
Old 03-15-2005, 11:39 AM

superchicken is an unknown quantity at this point

chris nof4i is right on the money. not 18, not age of majority, contract invalid

Jay, get your money back if you got an a from Northeastern in business law

just bustin man.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:57 PM

I took that course at SNHU and got an A. I remember the contract not being valid thing and yada. I still believe, with the way our legal system is that some refusals could be pushed as far as age discrimination. If I told you 15 years ago they could sue for hot coffee you'd of laughed at me. I'm also pretty possitive that a all sales are not contracts. If they were parents would have their 17 year old buy everything they need and return it when they're done with it.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:21 PM

superchicken is an unknown quantity at this point

you know i am busting on ya.

as for having their 17 year old buy all, thats why shops have those policies. On the flip side, I would have to find the RSA on the books, however there are exemptions for certain thinks like food and low dollar purchases (ie Wal-Mart).

I had it happen when i was trying to buy a car at 16, I could not even teast drive it and I needed a parent to sign the bill of sale. go figure.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:09 PM

why don't you go back to your home on ***** ISLAND!
Old 03-15-2005, 06:27 PM

mrrisk91276 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what it was, the ability to void the contract if they are > 18 , you hit the nail on the head...I think cars/motorcycles are different then say a tv since for a tv you're not signing anything but for a car/motorcycle you are signing documents...that would be my assumption...

[QUOTE=ChrisNoF4i]Hmmmm.... I think you're both incorrect.
A minor CAN sign contracts. But they can also void any contract for any reason up until they reach the age of majority (18 in most states). So they can buy a $300 bicycle, ride it for a few weeks and then bring it back to the bike store and say, "This bike is wiggitty-whack! Give me my money back!" And the bike store can't do **** about it because he's a minor.
QUOTE]

Kevin
03 R1
Eastern, MA