anyone using a rear disk on a stunt 50?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 11:56 AM
50 NUT

reynolds_brad is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone using a rear disk on a stunt 50?

So i was wheeling my dirt 50 that has a rear foes disk kit on it and i noticed that i ate right through the pads in a hour or two. The pads were working fine for dirt style riding where your not all over the rear break all the time but when i was messing around with it doing wheelies i used too much of the rear break and it didn’t last at all.

I was just wondering if anyone out there is using a disk on a regular basis for stunting. What set up if any? how long its lasting for you? etc.

So when i got some new pads i noticed that there was two types hayes (the type of components that foes comes with) offered, a hard and a soft. the guy at the shop told me that the hards will last me longer but wont grab as good, and the softs will go fast but grab better. I chose the hards. I wonder why on earth foes sells soft’s with there kits? with the softs it seemed like too much breaking power anyhow.

Also one other thing to note if your looking to get a disk kit for the rear for what ever reason make sure you get one that mounts the caliper above the hub, not below. If it’s a low mount it gets caught up in **** on trails.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:59 PM

Racing Rice is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: anyone using a rear disk on a stunt 50?

I just ordered a Storm Cycle's disk for the front. I couldnt imagine using a disk for the rear, I have my stock drums adjusted out a good bit so they dont grab as hard. Maybe Im just not doing something right.

Nice fiddy BTW!