Wireless radar detectors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 09:49 PM

KOTO is an unknown quantity at this point
Wireless radar detectors?

Do they work? I'm thinkin of getin one for peace of mind. Nothin ruins a relaxing ride like a lurking around the corner. It'd also be pretty pimp to have a radar detector that I can slip into my pocket if I do indeed get stopped. I have been told it's OK to walk the machine so I can just jump off and they can't do ****. If I run they wait in my driveway until I come home. I was shoppin around and this looks pretty cool:

http://www.radarbusters.com/products...ors/946-mc.asp

I wanna know if they actually work though? How reliable are radar detectors in general?

Oh, wound these things even go off if a cop is just drivin by or does he have to be waiting for speeders or sommin?
Old 04-04-2004, 10:22 PM

Xidium is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wireless radar detectors?

I belive they pick up radio signals, which can be disrupted by a cell phone. But they can pick them up from a mile away.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:25 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

potential is a decent person

kinda the wrong forum, i wouldn't ever really think of using a radar detector on a fiddy, since if a cop catches you using one, (in certain districts) they have the right to confiscate your expensive radar detector, or if you crash you could break it. i have a valentine one (www.valentineone.com i think), it's the best one on the market i think, but they retail for about $400. it's undetectable to detector detectors, tells you what type of beam, and tells you where the signal is coming from w/ arrows. radar detectors only work when a cop has his gun turned on, which is usually only when he's trying to catch speeders, but it's highly reliable to use once you get used to it.
B
Old 04-04-2004, 11:06 PM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point

pffft dont get a radar detector get a police scanner and have the camera man hold it when everyone rides ..its the bomb !
Old 04-04-2004, 11:20 PM

wanker231 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i want a scanner so i can hear if they have a report of me and my friends riding plus u can hear what the popos are doing
Old 04-04-2004, 11:24 PM

ninja_steve is an unknown quantity at this point

most radar detectors other than the bel 9000+ series or the V1 will alert you of an leo, but not until its too late. these radar detectors have a single scanner where as the bel's and v1's have two giving greater range and accuracy. dont waste your money on something cheap...thatll be all that you will get.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Regular StuntLifer

JOKER_OF_FFX is an unknown quantity at this point

My roommate ran a fiberoptic wireless radar detector on his r1 to this warning device in his helmet and it help us several times, but i have to agree with the scanner, well for 1 i have one and you can hear when b!tchy *** people call you in.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:18 AM
Regular StuntLifer

FIVEO is a decent person

Man FTP!!!!!!!!!!! no for real scanners are a waste for the general public due to you don't know our codes or signals that designate calls...the only thing you might hear is your location. radar detectors are a joke!!!! if it goes off your already shot and anyway most use laser detectors anyway.....just remember this if you get pulled over don't run-- be polite [ i know this one may hurt ] and say you'll rap it up and head home if they have a problem with you ridding
Old 04-05-2004, 03:17 AM
50 NUT

reynolds_brad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mekrew
pffft dont get a radar detector get a police scanner and have the camera man hold it when everyone rides ..its the bomb !
Thats the best way to go. Hell if they dont see you doing anything its hard for them to do $H|t
Old 04-05-2004, 04:17 AM
Regular StuntLifer

JOKER_OF_FFX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FIVEO
Man FTP!!!!!!!!!!! no for real scanners are a waste for the general public due to you don't know our codes or signals that designate calls...the only thing you might hear is your location. radar detectors are a joke!!!! if it goes off your already shot and anyway most use laser detectors anyway.....just remember this if you get pulled over don't run-- be polite [ i know this one may hurt ] and say you'll rap it up and head home if they have a problem with you ridding
Actually all the stuff I heard on my scanner is pretty easy to figure out. Dispatch will say "We have a complaint of someone at this place racing down this road" That is exactly how picked stuff up on my scanner. I heard cop tell another cop look out for this car,it was doing 70mph past, but i couldn't turn around to get him. As far as code and frequency goes, the guy at my local Radio Shack gave me a sheet of paper with all the freqs
Old 04-05-2004, 07:09 AM

KOTO is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm. Alright I guess it's kinda a waste of money. I'm just looking for an early detection device. Cops don't usually get complaints, but when I'm ridin down the road and they are on patrol you can bet your *** they're gonna give chase (nothin better to do round here). Like I said before they wait at my house for hours until I come home. I need a town wihh some crime so they can keep busy a bit.