weak ass 50!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 02:29 PM

wanker231 is an unknown quantity at this point
weak *** 50!!!!!

i have a 2000 xr50 and its lack so much power my friend smoke me with his stock crf anyone got some tips on boosting the power on my bike without droping a sh(t load of money??????
Old 03-14-2004, 02:57 PM

Xidium is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: weak *** 50!!!!!

Diff air filter, re-jet for your area, re-gear, take out/cut off end cap,
Old 03-14-2004, 03:11 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Silver Surfer is an unknown quantity at this point

There is nothing you can do really except a Big Bore....the are dirt cheap.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:19 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

potential is a decent person

Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
There is nothing you can do really except a Big Bore....the are dirt cheap.
ditto! silver's got it right, get a 75 or 88 kit and run the rest stock.
B
Old 03-15-2004, 05:13 PM

yeah ive been looking at a 88cc bore kit i guess i just jack some money and go pick one up :YEAH by the way u got any links where i could pic one up for cheaper than the retail price? also which company should i buy it from?
Old 03-15-2004, 06:47 PM

KOTO is an unknown quantity at this point

There's actually a list of free mods you can do to boost your power a bit. I got this list from Xidium or someone:

Re: Stock Exhaust/Carb Mod???

Alright....I just did a bunch of free mods to my fiddy and you CAN feel the difference. I can beat my friends w/ stockers with ease. All of these mods cost nothing...

-Take off airbox. Take it apart and rip out the screen thing in it. Drill holes in the metal thing after the opening for the air (you will know what im talkin about when u see it) Drill holes in the plastic piece by the opening. Cut off the opening.

-Take the choke off the carb. You never use it anyways. Use a bolt a little bigger than the opening of the hole the choke came out of to seal it shut. You should probably lock-tite it in, but mine's stayin so far.

-Take off the intake manifold thing. The end going to the head has a smaller opening than the opening in the head. Take a dremel and grind the hole bigger.

-Take off the exhaust and look at the header end. If you feel in there you can tell that there is a weld that can be grinded down to be the same size as the rest of the pipe.

-Take off the end cap. Drill some holes in the cap thing on the end by the screen thing. When i did this mod i also shoved some fiberglass insulation inside the first "section" of the pipe where it wont effect the air flow. You have to put it in there with an opening to fit the end cap in. I did it to see if it would make it quieter and i dont know if it did but o well.

-Now you will be flowing more air so you will need to rejet the carb. I raised the needle by puttin it on the slot second from the bottom. I probably also need a bigger main jet, but it runs ok now. Ill try it later.

Have fun
Old 03-15-2004, 09:16 PM

sandmrider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KOTO
There's actually a list of free mods you can do to boost your power a bit. I got this list from Xidium or someone:
That was me who made that list hehe :YEAH
Old 03-15-2004, 09:39 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I've got all that **** done to mine its a lot faster than stock
Old 03-15-2004, 09:58 PM

Xidium is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea that wasnt me. But if you want to take off your end cap and keep it quite you could take a metal plate and drill teh mount holes were the endcap goes then drill different size and numbers of holes in the center were teh hole is to get a desired noise and power output. Im guessing a larger amount of smaller ones would make it quite.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:29 PM

Danimal is a decent person

ok what jet did u use nags?
Old 04-04-2004, 11:31 PM

Drill holes in the plastic piece by the opening. Cut off the opening.

and what does that mean? im confused
Old 04-04-2004, 11:35 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Danimal
ok what jet did u use nags?

its stock
Old 04-04-2004, 11:37 PM

right on, thanks for the quick reply, and u did do all that stuff? How long did it take? bout half hour to 45 min? Did u also raise the needle in the smae spot he did?
Old 04-04-2004, 11:38 PM

maybe 30 mins.. just gotta pull the exhaust and the intake... smooth that sh*t down and cut the spark arrestor off.. also raised the needle a little.. that was it
Old 04-04-2004, 11:40 PM

thanks
Old 04-04-2004, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Danimal
"Drill holes in the plastic piece by the opening. Cut off the opening."

and what does that mean? im confused

o yea, u know what he means here?
Old 04-04-2004, 11:44 PM

take your air filter and open it up behind the foam filter there is a wire mesh with a little oval black metal plate u can either drill holes in the plate or just cut it out. it will allow more air to flow because there wont be a plate blocking the air from flowing in to the carb.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:48 PM

right on,,, thanks man.. did it really help or im i just gonna do this for nothing?
Old 04-04-2004, 11:50 PM

or just get an aftermarket filter.. makes a HUGE difference
Old 04-04-2004, 11:50 PM

im not sure i bought a after market filter,but i did modify my stock one for the hell of it. im sure it would make some difference but im not sure. its worth a try

Quick Reply: weak ass 50!!!!!