weak ass 50!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 11:54 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: weak *** 50!!!!!

not even worth a try.. you can get a uni filter on ebay for like 5 bucks..
Old 04-04-2004, 11:55 PM

wanker231 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah what nags said
Old 04-04-2004, 11:57 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I have a K&N but its a bit more..

Here's a uni

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35597
Old 04-05-2004, 03:20 AM
50 NUT

reynolds_brad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KOTO
There's actually a list of free mods you can do to boost your power a bit. I got this list from Xidium or someone:

Re: Stock Exhaust/Carb Mod???

Alright....I just did a bunch of free mods to my fiddy and you CAN feel the difference. I can beat my friends w/ stockers with ease. All of these mods cost nothing...

-Take off airbox. Take it apart and rip out the screen thing in it. Drill holes in the metal thing after the opening for the air (you will know what im talkin about when u see it) Drill holes in the plastic piece by the opening. Cut off the opening.

-Take the choke off the carb. You never use it anyways. Use a bolt a little bigger than the opening of the hole the choke came out of to seal it shut. You should probably lock-tite it in, but mine's stayin so far.

-Take off the intake manifold thing. The end going to the head has a smaller opening than the opening in the head. Take a dremel and grind the hole bigger.

-Take off the exhaust and look at the header end. If you feel in there you can tell that there is a weld that can be grinded down to be the same size as the rest of the pipe.

-Take off the end cap. Drill some holes in the cap thing on the end by the screen thing. When i did this mod i also shoved some fiberglass insulation inside the first "section" of the pipe where it wont effect the air flow. You have to put it in there with an opening to fit the end cap in. I did it to see if it would make it quieter and i dont know if it did but o well.

-Now you will be flowing more air so you will need to rejet the carb. I raised the needle by puttin it on the slot second from the bottom. I probably also need a bigger main jet, but it runs ok now. Ill try it later.

Have fun

Thats a good list. i wish i saw that list when i first got my 50.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:35 PM

yzfrone is an unknown quantity at this point

if you want a good bore kit for an awesome price, give fab5fiddy a message...he sells them for a good price and its worth everypenny....

i think that would be the only true way to get some grunt that you can feel...
Old 04-05-2004, 02:53 PM

vonde001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Talk to Fab5fiddy for an 88 kit.

or,

If your dirt poor, then get a used xr70 cylinder and get a 47mm piston + gaskets from dratv. I just did that over the weekend and I now have 72cc's. It was worth the $80. I'll post a write up later, I took a ton of pics.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:07 AM

weedracer is a decent person

Originally Posted by KOTO

Re: Stock Exhaust/Carb Mod???

Alright....I just did a bunch of free mods to my fiddy and you CAN feel the difference. I can beat my friends w/ stockers with ease. All of these mods cost nothing...

-Take off airbox. Take it apart and rip out the screen thing in it. Drill holes in the metal thing after the opening for the air (you will know what im talkin about when u see it) Drill holes in the plastic piece by the opening. Cut off the opening.

-Take the choke off the carb. You never use it anyways. Use a bolt a little bigger than the opening of the hole the choke came out of to seal it shut. You should probably lock-tite it in, but mine's stayin so far.

-Take off the intake manifold thing. The end going to the head has a smaller opening than the opening in the head. Take a dremel and grind the hole bigger.

-Take off the exhaust and look at the header end. If you feel in there you can tell that there is a weld that can be grinded down to be the same size as the rest of the pipe.

-Take off the end cap. Drill some holes in the cap thing on the end by the screen thing. When i did this mod i also shoved some fiberglass insulation inside the first "section" of the pipe where it wont effect the air flow. You have to put it in there with an opening to fit the end cap in. I did it to see if it would make it quieter and i dont know if it did but o well.

-Now you will be flowing more air so you will need to rejet the carb. I raised the needle by puttin it on the slot second from the bottom. I probably also need a bigger main jet, but it runs ok now. Ill try it later.

Have fun

I feal this only helps 3rd wide open
you wont notice any thing for low end
Old 04-06-2004, 10:28 AM

it definetley made a difference all over on mine... you're right though, probably did the most up top
Old 04-06-2004, 07:33 PM

sandmrider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danimal
Drill holes in the plastic piece by the opening. Cut off the opening.

and what does that mean? im confused

I was talkin about on the airbox, theres 2 halves and on the half where theres a tube for the air to come in through, you drill some holes in that side so it flows more air.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Regular StuntLifer

smoothkustard is an unknown quantity at this point

If your dirt poor, then get a used xr70 cylinder and get a 47mm piston + gaskets from dratv. I just did that over the weekend and I now have 72cc's. It was worth the $80. I'll post a write up later, I took a ton of pics.[/QUOTE]

this sounds very interesting. i need details. thanks in advance
Old 04-07-2004, 08:03 PM

vonde001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smoothkustard
If your dirt poor, then get a used xr70 cylinder and get a 47mm piston + gaskets from dratv. I just did that over the weekend and I now have 72cc's. It was worth the $80. I'll post a write up later, I took a ton of pics.

this sounds very interesting. i need details. thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

http://www.50mod.com/72cc.php