How do you know if you tore your MCL or ACL?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 05:25 PM

rocket1243 is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you know if you tore your MCL or ACL?

Well the fiddy bit me hard. I've had her for 3 weeks now and was just starting to rock some 2nd gear wheelies, anyway I had it up and going when I rocked past the BP and started to slide off the back. I decided that it was to far gone and bailed, well my boot got caught between the bars and the tank shroud when I hit the ground the bike spun like a top on the rear fender and twisted my leg and I felt and heard a distinct crack from my knee. The inside of my knee is hurting pretty bad. I can walk straight without much pain but if I try to pivot on my knee it kills. Also if I try to extend my leg all the way it hurts bad. How would I know if I actually tore something or just sprained it? Also is the MCL the one on the inside of your knee? I've got ice on it right now but its hurting a pretty good bit.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

Chuck636 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How do you know if you tore your MCL or ACL?

HAHA....I can speak from experience on this topic! Two months ago I tore my inner legament(MCL) on a stoppie that went bad. I went to the ER the next day b/c I could not move my leg at all. They did X-ray's and found nothing broken...wooooo! I gave my self two weeks to try and let it heal on it's own. I had an MRI done to show the injurys sustained. Two months later and I still can not bend my knee past the 90 degree point. I would say wait a couple of weeks and see what your knee starts to do. The swelling usaully is around for the first week anyway. You can try and grap your knee at the sides and slowing try moving it. If you drop in some of the most pain you have ever been thourgh and start crying, then I would say you have torn something, anything else, you just bruised it!!!
Old 02-13-2004, 05:34 PM

PAC 762 is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably a strain/sprain. If it doesn't go away in a couple weeks, I'd guess a meniscus injury. Go to a good ortho.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:37 PM

Danimal is a decent person

Originally Posted by Chuck636
If you drop in some of the most pain you have ever been thourgh and start crying, then I would say you have torn something, anything else, you just bruised it!!!
LOL
Old 02-13-2004, 05:39 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

fab5fiddy is a decent person

go to the hospital dood. its your body and u only get one. better safe than sorry.